HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 CBA Discussion Thread *NHL/NHLPA Please do Something!!*

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
My fear is that any progress could be stifled if Bettman and Fehr re-enter the picture kinda tarnish any momentum.
100% correct.

Take ******* bettman and ******* fehr out of the room and progress is made?! Color me shocked.

As soon as these two **** sticks get back in there any progress made will be completely destroyed and we will be back at square one.

If the owners fire bettman and the P.A. fires fehr and they try to hammer out a deal themselves then we might have a season. We all know that has zero chance of happening.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
100% correct.

Take ******* bettman and ******* fehr out of the room and progress is made?! Color me shocked.

As soon as these two **** sticks get back in there any progress made will be completely destroyed and we will be back at square one.

If the owners fire bettman and the P.A. fires fehr and they try to hammer out a deal themselves then we might have a season. We all know that has zero chance of happening.
I think the issues are a lot bigger rhan bettman and fehr. Would be kinda silly if that were a major problem...

Old
12-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
I think the issues are a lot bigger rhan bettman and fehr. Would be kinda silly if that were a major problem...
Regardless of who the problem is a deal isn't going to be done with out those two present its just the facts. I don't really think progress has to do with those two missing but more of the fact that different owners were actually allowed to attend rather than the four main hardliners.

Talks were supposed to resume today around 9am and call a recess at 11am due to the NHL Board of Governors meetings.. Seems to be that plans have been changed.. Pierre LeBruns twitter:

Quote:
Original plan was to resume talks at 9 am ET but both sides worked internally instead. Now BOG slated to start at 11 am. Talks resume after
Quote:
Needless to say, today is a HUGE day. Either traction brings it to another level or it goes off the rails again. Pivotal day
Probably owners idea so they can gauge the rest of the groups reactions at the BoG. Bettman is scheduled to hold a press conference at 1pm today not sure if that is still going on.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:46 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

there's a bit of desperation in the air for the first time since these "negotiations" started. Maybe that's a good thing.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
The issues are bigger I agree but don't for one second think that ego's aren't playing a huge role in this mess. You hear more about each side not wanting to come out looking like "losers" and "saving face" than you do about the key economic issues. That, to me, is absolutely disgusting.

It's just human nature. When you put two people in a room on opposite sides of a table as stubborn as those two idiots, nothing constructive gets done. I realize each work for the side they represent but their personalities unfortunately shine through.

Last edited by Twine Seeking Missle: 12-05-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
100% correct.

Bettman & Fehr don't neccessariuly help, but remember they ultimately have to listen to the will of their respective groups.

For me, take a guy like Jeremy Jacobs out of the neogitaitons and you'll see more progress regardless if Bettman & Fehr are involved.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Bunk Moreland

NHL lockout: "Bettman wants this (deal) done by Friday," Nick Kypreos article if you want a good read to get your hopes up high:

Quote:
Former player Nick Kypreos, a Sportsnet broadcaster and staunch supporter of the NHLPA in labour negotations, says NHL commissioner Gary Bettman wants a deal done to end the NHL lockout by Friday.

“Apparently Gary is ready to get a deal done,” Kypreos said. “He wants this thing done Friday. Friday!”

On Sportsnet’s Hockey Central show, Kypreos debated the issues withtwo other NHL insiders, former NHL GM Doug MacLean and sportscaster Daren Millard.

MacLean said that six weeks ago, he heard the NHL’s position, that “it is knock ‘em down, drag ‘em out until December 1st, and then at December 1st we’re getting a deal done.”
This is one rumor I've been reading that was also included in this article:

Quote:
Rumours are circulating that coaches are now calling players, telling them to be ready for training camp on Dec. 14, MacLean and Kypreos said.
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-kypreos-says/

Both sides are meeting again today.. They met after the Board of Governors meeting concluded at aroudn 2:15 and are still going at it. Bettman gave a short, really short, press conference earlier where he said:

Quote:
Bettman: "We are pleased with the process that is ongoing and out of respect for that process I don't have anything else to say."
Lots of rumors flying every where.. Right now the word going around is if a deal is done this weekend camp would start next friday with a 54-56 game schedule beginning around Dec. 20th. While not adding any specifics Pierre Lebrun earlier stated that a shortened schedule was one of the topics discussed during the BoG.

Todays meeting again is with out Fehr and Bettman..

Also it appears Charles Wang and Garth Snow made an appearance today at the BoG and were the first to leave.. I really do think Chuckles has absolutely no idea what is going on with these negotiations haha.

Last edited by Bunk Moreland: 12-05-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Riddick

honestly, the players should put a stipulation that bettman and fehr resigns. if they caused SO much animosity with the other side that they have seriously ****ing ruined what traction they had been making over the last 7 years, kick them the **** out.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Hipietro

I refuse to get my hopes up.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
I refuse to get my hopes up.
Seconded..

Apparently today the PA brought a new offer to the table earlier.. To which the owners offered a counter proposal which the players have discussed both sides broke for dinner.. A lot of tension heading into tonight's meeting.

Pierre LeBrun:

Quote:
Source says next session "very delicate." Today was always going to be tougher as 2 sides put on paper their positions... Told it's sort of like a ping pong game today, both sides grinding back and forth. Warm and fuzzy feelings from last night are gone. Things are tense heading into tonight's meeting. Pivotal session that will tell the tale For what it's worth, I still believe strongly there will be a season. Moderates on both sides committed to seeing this through thick or thin

Old
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Bunk Moreland

15 minutes.

15 minutes is how long the negotiations lasted tonight before the owners walked out apparently.. Waiting for more information..

Old
12-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Bunk Moreland

Ok the gun was jumped a bit. Now they're reporting the owners left for a few minutes and have now returned. Something they were doing all day I'm assuming they were discussing some of the details amongst themselves...

Old
12-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Hipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Ok the gun was jumped a bit. Now they're reporting the owners left for a few minutes and have now returned. Something they were doing all day I'm assuming they were discussing some of the details amongst themselves...
Where are you getting all this info? Just curious

Old
12-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Ziggy16

Renaud Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS 3m
Press conference possible tonight. Good sign ? Not sure to be honest.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Sheva7

vCash: 463
The podium is out!

Oh baby

Old
12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
Where are you getting all this info? Just curious
Twitter. I follow many NHL writers Pierre Lebrun, Jesse Spector, all the TSN guys, the NHL writers like Dan Rosen, Katie Strang, Chris Botta, Michael Grange of sportsnet, plus a bunch other writers. So when they post something it pops up on my feed.

There is about 50 media members in the lobby of the hotel that these meetings are going on and they're all doing kind of a play by play of what's happening including stupid stuff like right now they're all talking about the NHL podium being put up and then taken down with a press conference apparently coming soon but maybe not.

My girlfriend has control of the remote and I'm doing school work on my computer so my twitter feed is up on split screen so I can procrastinate and just hope that this deal gets done soon enough. If any specific information comes out I try and post their "tweets" in the quote box with the source.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Ziggy16

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Two sides are talking on and off, it's called negotiating. Nothing else to report for now. If that changes, we'll pass it along.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy16 View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Two sides are talking on and off, it's called negotiating. Nothing else to report for now. If that changes, we'll pass it along.
Its because every time the owners leave the room the media rushes to report negotiations over saying the owners are leaving..

I'm more concerned with this tweet from Helen St. James of the Detroit Free Press..

Quote:
Source: "Not looking great" after latest talks tonight between owners, players.
I'm sure shes a reliable reporter but its never as good or as bad as it sounds.. Part of the negotiating going on *hopefully*.. We'll know one way or another tonight what direction this is heading soon. If the announcement is bad then I feel theres zero chance for season.. But if negotiations continue we got a shot..

https://twitter.com/HeleneStJames/st...27295991263233

Last edited by Bunk Moreland: 12-05-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Ziggy16

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 8m
Players are still hanging around, so it appears we are not done for the night yet.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:01 PM
JKP

Anyone that thinks the owners are going to fire Bettman doesn't pay attention. He's made them lots of money and they are pretty happy with him. He does what they tell him to, and does it well.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Ziggy16

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Leaks flow freely when one side or other is unhappy. Or it just could be at a really sensitive stage and no one wants to be one who blows it

Old
12-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP View Post
Anyone that thinks the owners are going to fire Bettman doesn't pay attention. He's made them lots of money and they are pretty happy with him. He does what they tell him to, and does it well.
Neither are going to get fired.. Bettman does his job becomes leagues lightning rod and takes attention away from owners and Fehr has received nothing buy high praise from the players. We tend to hate them because they're the faces for both groups. Youd also be completely mistaken if you think that both are not completely uninvolved, they may not be in the meeting but their deputies are, bill daly and Steve fehr.

It appears that many outlets are reporting that there are talks about the NHL either opening up or putting a slate of games up on Christmas Day for the first time since 1971.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Ziggy16

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Steve Fehr has come out and offered slices of pizza to the media. He's catching on

Old
12-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy16 View Post
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Steve Fehr has come out and offered slices of pizza to the media. He's catching on

Old
12-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Bunk Moreland

So it appears Helene St. James's sources have flip flopped...

Quote:
From source: "Deal isn't imminent. Still hurdles to climb but made some strides in some major areas."
Its going back and forth haha so frustrating...

https://twitter.com/HeleneStJames/st...45126287953920

Last edited by Bunk Moreland: 12-05-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Closed Thread