HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

2013 projected lines

Old
11-15-2012, 08:17 AM
stokes84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Highly doubt that Girgensons is ready for the NHL yet, and we definitely won't be playing FES on the top line, they were so effective because they were put against 3rd line competition. Can't really see Foligno on the fourth line either, Lindy likes that kid and what he brings, he'll be supporting the top 6 I believe. Other than that....
I'm just going to say I couldn't disagree with this more and leave it at that.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:29 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I'm just going to say I couldn't disagree with this more and leave it at that.
Yeah..They weren't playing against slouches. It wasn't like no other teams in the league caught on to how hot that line was or did absolutely nothing to try to stop it. F-E-S was getting plenty of minutes against other teams' shutdown pairs down the stretch. And they still found ways to get goals.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:32 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
To be fair, knowing Lindy our third line will get within two minutes of ice time of our first and second line, leaving our 4th line, and some of our better defensive forewards with something like 6 minutes per game. =/

But I see armia at least starting the year in the AHL, but being one of our top 3 callups (Tropp Girgensons and Armia)

Personally I think the best thing that could happen for this roster is for them to somehow get rid of leino to make room for younger better players. I am hoping for an amnesty buyout TBH. Its not that I don't think he can recover from last year, its just that this lineup is starting to get a bit logjammed as our two youngest wingers (Armia and Tropp) get closer to being NHL ready.
Agree completely. I already feel like Gerbe's opportunities got cut down because of Leino (because Gerbe can do better than the 4th line, IMO), and it's only gonna get worse as guys like Grigs, Girgs, Tropp, Armia start pushing for top 9 minutes. Something's gotta give.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:40 PM
liquid swords
bring the ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
I think Girgs probably gets another year Roc minimum.

Vanek Hodgson Pominville
Foligno Ennis Stafford
Armia Grigorenko Ott/Tropp
Kaleta Leino/McCormick Tropp/Ott

Leino eventually gets the Brad Boyes treatment, on fight nights you roll big and play Cody on the fourth and Ott on the third to protect the kids.

Blue line
Myers Sekera
Erhroff Edler
McNabb Brennan
Weber
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayintro86 View Post
Ott Grigorenko Pominville
Vanek Hodgson Leino/Armia
Stafford Ennis Foligno
Scott/Gerbe McCormick Kaleta

McNabb Myers
Ehrhoff Edler
Pysyk Sekera

I think Tropp will start in the AHL cause of his injury

edler.

liquid swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid swords View Post
edler.
Yes sir.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Girgenburger

Ennis-Grigorenko-Pominville
Vanek-Hodgson-Stafford
Foligno-Leino-Ott
Gerbe-McCormick-Tropp

Sekera-Myers
Ehrhoff-Pysyk
Sulzer-Regehr

Miller
Enroth

I think Leino gets another tryout at the pivot so more of our go-to forwards can play with Grigs. I also think we stand pat with the exception of a minor move or two.

Girgenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:48 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
Ennis-Grigorenko-Pominville
Vanek-Hodgson-Stafford
Foligno-Leino-Ott
Gerbe-McCormick-Tropp

Sekera-Myers
Ehrhoff-Pysyk
Sulzer-Regehr

Miller
Enroth

I think Leino gets another tryout at the pivot so more of our go-to forwards can play with Grigs. I also think we stand pat with the exception of a minor move or two.
Switch ennis and vanek

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Wandering Cynic

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Ott-Grigorenko-Gerbe
Leino-Malhotra-Tropp
Kaleta

Myers-Sekera
Ehrhoff-Pysyk
McNabb-Regehr
Brennan/Sulzer

Miller
Enroth

Wandering Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 05:51 AM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by theehrhoffeffect View Post
Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Ott-Grigorenko-Gerbe
Leino-Malhotra-Tropp
Kaleta

Myers-Sekera
Ehrhoff-Pysyk
McNabb-Regehr
Brennan/Sulzer

Miller
Enroth
I'd definitely welcome the Malhotra pickup. It would be great to see both Pysyk and McNabb take the next step, too. You think Regehr will be back?

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:19 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I just find it odd. That some of these projected forward lines have any rookie on the top 2 lines. I find it hard to believe that any rookie will outplay an offensive veteran enough to bump them off the top 2 lines. But I guess it's not impossible.

Having Vanek, Poms, or Ennis on the third line and a rookie in their place on the top 2 lines is highly highly unlikely IMO.

Talk about great expectations ... Yikes

It will only breed great disappointment.
I think its valid to think Lindy will have a Rookie on one of the top two lines. Not sure if it will be the starting lineup on opening night, but I can see Lindy putting Grigorenko, who I think has the talent, play with Vanek and Pominville much like Adam was. I think Grigorenko can actually bring more to the table than Adam, seeing Adam really wasn't playing the body but getting into space. I think his skating was his drawback as he couldn't get back into the play as well as someone who can skate.

I think you will see:

Vanek-Grigorenko-Pominville
Leino-Hodgson-Ott
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Kaleta-McCormick-Gerbe

Armia- Seeing as they have a history of slowly developing Players and with Armia's Concussion issues recently, I'm sure they want to see he can play in the AHL before taking the chance on him.
Tropp- His season ending injury and most likely the numbers game will affect where he is in the lineup. Management will most likely want to see how he has recovered from it by putting him in the AHL.

Myers-Leopold
Ehroff-Sulzer
Sekera-Regehr
McNabb-Having a rough AHL season probably bumped him out of the spot right now.
Pysyk-Most Likely will challenge Mcnabb for First callup.

Miller
Enroth

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:25 AM
French Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
I think its valid to think Lindy will have a Rookie on one of the top two lines. Not sure if it will be the starting lineup on opening night, but I can see Lindy putting Grigorenko, who I think has the talent, play with Vanek and Pominville much like Adam was. I think Grigorenko can actually bring more to the table than Adam, seeing Adam really wasn't playing the body but getting into space. I think his skating was his drawback as he couldn't get back into the play as well as someone who can skate.

I think you will see:

Vanek-Grigorenko-Pominville
Leino-Hodgson-Ott
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Kaleta-McCormick-Gerbe

Armia- Seeing as they have a history of slowly developing Players and with Armia's Concussion issues recently, I'm sure they want to see he can play in the AHL before taking the chance on him.
Tropp- His season ending injury and most likely the numbers game will affect where he is in the lineup. Management will most likely want to see how he has recovered from it by putting him in the AHL.

Myers-Leopold
Ehroff-Sulzer
Sekera-Regehr
McNabb-Having a rough AHL season probably bumped him out of the spot right now.
Pysyk-Most Likely will challenge Mcnabb for First callup.

Miller
Enroth
IMO I feel people are giving to much credit to Pysyk. He to young and RAW to see what he may bring for the future. Being paired with McNabb may be the reason for the drop in BM's play. Every year posters talk about how good a particular player will become and at the present time Pysyk is this years poster player as BM was last.

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 11:05 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
IMO I feel people are giving to much credit to Pysyk. He to young and RAW to see what he may bring for the future. Being paired with McNabb may be the reason for the drop in BM's play. Every year posters talk about how good a particular player will become and at the present time Pysyk is this years poster player as BM was last.
Pysyk has played better than McNabb this year in almost every Amerks game I've watched. McNabb can put up points and play physical (and I really like him as a player), but Pysyk's IQ for the game and skating are clearly well ahead of McNabb's.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:42 PM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
Pysyk is Young, which I agree with, but RAW? He's probably our most Safe Defensive Prospect. Yes every year people always hype certain players, but hes a player that plays a very steady game and has such a high IQ that the lack of size(something he can add) I think will catch up to him.

Why would you say that Pysyk is the reason for McNabb's poor play? Just curious.

I remember not that long ago that we had a young Defenseman who was considered RAW and was pretty young. He turned out to be Rookie of the Year. And he did it by having good skating ability and a good IQ, not having good size, which he rarely used as he didn't know how to use it.

IMO, Pysyk, who at the time of the draft was considered a SAFE pick with exceptional skating and having an above average IQ, is ahead in his development in this regards compared to Myers.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:50 PM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Pysyk has played better than McNabb this year in almost every Amerks game I've watched. McNabb can put up points and play physical (and I really like him as a player), but Pysyk's IQ for the game and skating are clearly well ahead of McNabb's.
I agree. You never really notice Pysyk, which is almost always a good thing for defensemen. I am a bigger fan of McNabb because I like flash, but I think Pysyk is ahead of him on the depth chart at this point. I really think Pysyk will be in the top six next year at least on the third pairing.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:52 PM
dire wolf
be cool

I'll be surprised if Pysyk isn't a starter by mid-season next year, if not sooner.

dire wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Superhero

Not that Lindy Ruff will keep any lines together, but here is my guess.

Vanek, Hodson, Pomminville
Foligno, Ennis, Stafford
Ott, Grigorenko, Lieno
Gerbe, McCormick, Kaleta

Myers, Leopold
Erhoff, Sulzer
Regier, Sekera

Miller

Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote