HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Paul Bissonnette Wants to Be Evgeni Malkin's Teammate

Old
12-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
I don't understand the hate the guy gets in these boards. You would think he kicked people's puppy. He's just a guy having fun.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:01 AM
Et le But

I think he can be stupid sometimes but his interactions with Malkin are classic. Russia Best)))

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:06 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 8111
Biz has his really funny moments then he has stupid moments, quite a bit that is. Still follow him for the odd laugh.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Mouse21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I don't understand the hate the guy gets in these boards. You would think he kicked people's puppy. He's just a guy having fun.
hes a ******

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
hes a ******
Why is that?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Corncob

Biz is completely killing it in Cardiff, has been completely engaged, showing leadership, putting in massive hits, challenging opponents, playing D or wing, pk'ing, quarterbacking the powerplay.

I'm sure this will be a shock to anyone who thinks that someone who has to goon it up to hang in the NHL does actually suck at hockey

Total respect for him giving it 100%, which is why he's over 2 points/game in the Elite League and completely outperforming the other NHL'ers in the league (Sestito, who just left yesterday, Anthony Stewart, Matt Belesky, Drew Miller).

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Thesensation19

Ive watched my share of Biznasty videos and follow him on social media and yes hes a bit crazy but hes himself. And after all that, I have seen one prime trait. Hes a genuinely nice guy. Thats it

With that said... this is hilarious but im wondering if this is 100% true... the twitter pic shows no signal which can or cannot mean something lol

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:45 AM
AD1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Biz is completely killing it in Cardiff, has been completely engaged, showing leadership, putting in massive hits, challenging opponents, playing D or wing, pk'ing, quarterbacking the powerplay.

I'm sure this will be a shock to anyone who thinks that someone who has to goon it up to hang in the NHL does actually suck at hockey

Total respect for him giving it 100%, which is why he's over 2 points/game in the Elite League and completely outperforming the other NHL'ers in the league (Sestito, who just left yesterday, Anthony Stewart, Matt Belesky, Drew Miller).
Yeah, even the NHL "goons" were usually good offensive players in juniors, college, etc.

AD1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:04 AM
SERE 24
LGR

People hating on him is funny. You literally can't hate him as a player because he... Doesn't really play and as a personality he's a harmless, stupid, goofball who occasionally is pretty damn funny, much like most of our favorite movies these days (anything with Will Ferrell/Seth Rogan/etc.). Still just like people who hate Crosby out of jealousy people hate Biz because he's living the life they can only dream of. He really seems like such a normal young hockey bro. I honestly can't believe the hate he gets. Most players are just like him (trust me) they're just afraid to be that way publicly. He doesn't care since he's not much of a player in the NHL.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:21 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

^ exactly. I mean he's a bit immature, but I would be also. He's never had a job to beat the kid out of him. The daily grind squeezes that out of most of us. Comprises, humbling defeats or failures, embarrassment, and regrets are all the learning experiences commonly described as "growing up". I'd wager he's had a whole lot less of that so far than most of us working stiffs.

12-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Look how easy that is.

Thanks mom, already did. Just because I don't follow him doesn't mean he isn't still being an idiot.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
^ exactly. I mean he's a bit immature, but I would be also. He's never had a job to beat the kid out of him. The daily grind squeezes that out of most of us. Comprises, humbling defeats or failures, embarrassment, and regrets are all the learning experiences commonly described as "growing up". I'd wager he's had a whole lot less of that so far than most of us working stiffs.
I couldn't disagree with this more. Why isn't every other pro like him then? Working doesn't make you mature.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:49 AM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
People hating on him is funny. You literally can't hate him as a player because he... Doesn't really play and as a personality he's a harmless, stupid, goofball who occasionally is pretty damn funny, much like most of our favorite movies these days (anything with Will Ferrell/Seth Rogan/etc.). Still just like people who hate Crosby out of jealousy people hate Biz because he's living the life they can only dream of. He really seems like such a normal young hockey bro. I honestly can't believe the hate he gets. Most players are just like him (trust me) they're just afraid to be that way publicly. He doesn't care since he's not much of a player in the NHL.
Quote:
Well if you want to make your points, perhaps you'd wish to hear the other side. The guy is 27 years old, and that age many of us have had several years of education and make decisions that impact or save people's lives, or cost or make companies millions of dollars.

So, yeah, the guy is a childish idiot to some and "funny" to others. It just depends on where in the world you are viewing the whole thing from.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:50 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
I couldn't disagree with this more. Why isn't every other pro like him then? Working doesn't make you mature.
I would argue that more of them are like him than we expect. Like the previous poster said, they have more of a reason to be concerned about their image than he does.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:53 AM
MonsterSurge

Funny thing...He was Malkin's teammate.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:58 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Well if you want to make your points, perhaps you'd wish to hear the other side. The guy is 27 years old, and that age many of us have had several years of education and make decisions that impact or save people's lives, or cost or make companies millions of dollars.

So, yeah, the guy is a childish idiot to some and "funny" to others. It just depends on where in the world you are viewing the whole thing from.
I am also 27 and am by no means a bar hopping bro like Bissonnette. Just a working stiff with a wife and a mortgage. Just the thought of being 22 again and living that lifestyle is enough to give me anxiety. That said, I've still got a soft spot for some of my more knuckle headed buddies that never grew up. Bissonnette reminds me of those guys. Those friends you rarely see anymore that never grew up.

Also, I think many of you are reading too much into his online personality. It's one small snapshot of his life. He's an NHL hockey player. He's not going out drinking every night as it might appear on his Twitter account. During the season I imagine he's like most players who have morning skates, travel days, game nights, practices, video sessions, gym time, physical therapy, etc., etc. Busy and not partying 24/7.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:04 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
I am also 27 and am by no means a bar hopping bro like Bissonnette. Just a working stiff with a wife and a mortgage. Just the thought of being 22 again and living that lifestyle is enough to give me anxiety. That said, I've still got a soft spot for some of my more knuckle headed buddies that never grew up. Bissonnette reminds me of those guys. Those friends you rarely see anymore that never grew up.

Also, I think many of you are reading too much into his online personality. It's one small snapshot of his life. He's an NHL hockey player. He's not going out drinking every night as it might appear on his Twitter account. During the season I imagine he's like most players who have morning skates, travel days, game nights, practices, video sessions, gym time, physical therapy, etc., etc. Busy and not partying 24/7.
This plus Biz is a professional entertainer. That's what athletes are. He can't entertain that we'll on the ice but he augments it by being a good natured goof who most players seem to like. He's living the life most of us wish we could if we were making 500k a year to play 6 minutes of hockey a night and travel the country.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:09 AM
GrandChelems

Quote:
This plus Biz is a professional entertainer. That's what athletes are. He can't entertain that we'll on the ice but he augments it by being a good natured goof who most players seem to like. He's living the life most of us wish we could if we were making 500k a year to play 6 minutes of hockey a night and travel the country.
Professional entertainer (=clown ), or prostitute turning tricks for money. Fine line.

Hey, I'm just being "me" like BizNasty, right ... you guys admire that, right?!

Old
12-05-2012, 11:20 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Professional entertainer (=clown ), or prostitute turning tricks for money. Fine line.

You being like Bissonnette? Now there's an interesting concept. Maybe you are a little bit more like him than you believe. He's being judged for saying immature, slightly offensive, and certainly controversial things on the internet. Kind of that boyish, macho-ish brand of humor that is often the target of eyerolling. The exact thing most in this thread stand in judgement of Bissonnette for.

Ironic what you've posted in the last thirty minutes in the lock out thread:

Quote:
Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say they will be back to swinging their purses at each other and ovulating to the media by 530pm tonight.
Quote:
Yep. (Men + Money) == Pregnant women
...the kind of comments that could've been copied and pasted right from the BizNasty2.0 twitter page.

Combined with the prostitution comments, and I'm starting to get a pretty clear picture, here. Problem with women? Fair to judge you based on comments you made in jest on the internet?

Old
12-05-2012, 11:24 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:

Yes, irresponsible tweeting from a wealthy 27 year old, like prostitution is:

Potentially dangerous
Potentially hazardous to ones health and
Typically illegal, as well as morally frowned upon

I forgot.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
I would argue that more of them are like him than we expect. Like the previous poster said, they have more of a reason to be concerned about their image than he does.
I'm just not a believer that you need to work to be mature. Being mature is sort of a choice in my eyes.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:37 PM
GrandChelems

Quote:
You being like Bissonnette? Now there's an interesting concept. Maybe you are a little bit more like him than you believe. He's being judged for saying immature, slightly offensive, and certainly controversial things on the internet. Kind of that boyish, macho-ish brand of humor that is often the target of eyerolling. The exact thing most in this thread stand in judgement of Bissonnette for.

Ironic what you've posted in the last thirty minutes in the lock out thread:

...the kind of comments that could've been copied and pasted right from the BizNasty2.0 twitter page.

Combined with the prostitution comments, and I'm starting to get a pretty clear picture, here. Problem with women? Fair to judge you based on comments you made in jest on the internet?
Quote:
Yes, irresponsible tweeting from a wealthy 27 year old, like prostitution is:

Potentially dangerous
Potentially hazardous to ones health and
Typically illegal, as well as morally frowned upon

I forgot.
No you guys are missing one clear thing: I (as is everyone else) am doing this under the cloak of anonymity. If I were to openly act like BizNasty then I would be looked upon as an idiot, and probably be committing career suicide, because unlike that clown my work actually makes a difference to people, and unlike that clown people respect me. That isn't a big brag either, I am sure most of use here are respectable and respected people.

So that's why I take a bite out of BizNasty: people like him, but nobody respects him anymore, and that's a hell of a burden to take into your 30's.

If he wasn't an idiot he'd keep his humour and dumb comments to anonymous boards, as we do.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
He's a below average NHL player trying to get fame over twitter. What's to like about him?

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Super Sniper Cele

Send a message via AIM to Super Sniper Cele
Quote:
Exactly.

Also, for those of you whining about the stuff he says on twitter, I must ask why you either follow him or read what he says at all? Go back to your petty and jealous lifestyle and let Biz do his thing. I, for one, think he's hilarious and also a decent fourth line fighter.

And for those of you who might wanna say that he isn't even a good fighters anyways, I'd have to disagree. I haven't seen all of these, I admit, but he has fought--and apparently beaten--tough guys like Jody Shelley, Krys Barch, Jared Boll, Deryk Engelland, Cam Janssen, George Parros and Ryan Reaves.

Super Sniper Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
He's a below average NHL player trying to get fame over twitter. What's to like about him?
No one is saying everyone has to like him, but he gets a huge amount of hate for no reason.

If you like him, great. If you don't like him, it's easy to ignore him. But there's no need for the immense level of hate he gets.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote