HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Czech Republic

Old
12-03-2012, 11:22 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Yeah that's strange, I wonder what's up with the Stransky situation.. Hopefully czechexpert can shed some light on that....

Hyka has been good in my three viewings of him, very good offensive player for the Gatineau system that Groulx normally preaches... and speaking of Gatineau euros, is Reway Slovakian or Czech? His eliteprospects says both lol.
Reway represents Slovakia.

I'm assuming that Stransky's former ties to Vitkovice may have something to do with his exclusion. Czechexpert will give you a definitive answer.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Ah yes. And then there's Stransky.

I've watched him just shy of 10 times this year. Got off to a slow start, but he's really starting to heat up lately.

I've literally NEVER witnessed anyone in the W who's as good as rolling off players and protecting the puck behind the net as Stransky. He's so smooth with his passes, and he can score.

His skating isn't terribly strong, but his puck skills and knowing how to use his big body allow him to get away with it.

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:09 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
I know it wouldn't be a nice move, but anyway the Wings use Frk to pressure Nedomlel's way into his rightfully earned spot on this team? Frk has already signed a contract with the Wings I would think they have some sway over him. Just stunned even more because Jiri Fischer made it sound like this political problem around Nedomlel had been diffused a little and the Wings thought he was going in interviews all summer and fall. They have started scouting the Czech Republic heavily the last several years wonder if they are rethinking that today.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:31 AM
helgo

I honestly doubt, that Stransky not being invited has something to do with his play. Mrazek situation was an anomaly, but other than that, Vitkovice don't allow guys, who played for them and now are playing in the NA to participate in the WJC. You can think about it whatever you want, but they an option to do that and these kids who bolt to the NA know it.

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:15 AM
dresi

Yeah, Stransky isn't allowed to play. Vitkovice made an exception with Mrazek last year, but I don't think they will do it again. I'm big fan of Vitkovice and I know there was big drama about Stransky. His dad was a coach there and he was fired. A lot of bad blood between them so don't get your hopes up.

dresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Anchor Town

So silly to let petty things get in the way of your country doing well at the highest (junior) level

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Would love to see both Stransky and Faksa make this team.

Putting them on the same line would be a bonus....and hopefully a sign of things to come!

12-04-2012, 10:28 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I know it wouldn't be a nice move, but anyway the Wings use Frk to pressure Nedomlel's way into his rightfully earned spot on this team? Frk has already signed a contract with the Wings I would think they have some sway over him. Just stunned even more because Jiri Fischer made it sound like this political problem around Nedomlel had been diffused a little and the Wings thought he was going in interviews all summer and fall. They have started scouting the Czech Republic heavily the last several years wonder if they are rethinking that today.
It's completely up to the coach/selection committee who plays for the team. No NHL team has any say on what prospects play, nor should they. Both Stransky and Nedomlel deserve to be there, but the coach has every right to select the team he wants. Even if that team includes Milan Doudera.

No team is going to stop selecting players from a country because one of their prospects isn't being selected to the national team for a 5-7 game tournament. What sense would this make for Detroit?

Old
12-04-2012, 11:01 AM
zorz

Wouldn't be surprising to see Musil play 25+ min per game. Sure I hate the fact that Nedomlel and Stránský are not on the team, but the only thing to do is hope that this group will get the job done too.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:04 AM
StormSurge9

I don't understand this whole politics thing. Why not let the best players play? It really doesn't make ANY sense.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:08 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
I don't understand this whole politics thing. Why not let the best players play? It really doesn't make ANY sense.
Nobody understands that. Nobody gave any official comment on those two players and the situation around them.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Nobody understands that. Nobody gave any official comment on those two players and the situation around them.
So sad. I don't understand how these things can be tolerated when winning should be the main goal.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
So sad. I don't understand how these things can be tolerated when winning should be the main goal.
Corruption is spread world wide in almost all sports. Especially in youth where is sometimes enough to crack some team or NT if your dad drives expensive car.

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:07 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
It's completely up to the coach/selection committee who plays for the team. No NHL team has any say on what prospects play, nor should they. Both Stransky and Nedomlel deserve to be there, but the coach has every right to select the team he wants. Even if that team includes Milan Doudera.

No team is going to stop selecting players from a country because one of their prospects isn't being selected to the national team for a 5-7 game tournament. What sense would this make for Detroit?
Ottawa just kept Zibanejad away. While I think that would be overly harsh for Frk the fact remains he has signed his entry level deal Detroit does in fact have some say about this. They also have allowed Jiri Fischer to be very involved with the Czech national setup, I think what happened to Nedomlel is worth them at least having that internal discussion and maybe applying pressure through Frk's availability.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:15 PM
rebels4life

Send a message via MSN to rebels4life
Czech a dark horse

I read on here all the time and never been motivated to post anything but the Czech team this year has a real shot. Bartosak has been on a tear in the last month in Red Deer. He was CHL goalie of the month, and is a work horse getting outshot most nights and still putting up a great GAA and save %. If he is still on a roll and the likes of Frk, Faska, Sedlak, Hertl, Hyka can put up a few points this team could beat anyone in a one off game. As long as his shoulders hold up ok he could be the MVP of the tourney!!

rebels4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:28 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Ottawa just kept Zibanejad away. While I think that would be overly harsh for Frk the fact remains he has signed his entry level deal Detroit does in fact have some say about this. They also have allowed Jiri Fischer to be very involved with the Czech national setup, I think what happened to Nedomlel is worth them at least having that internal discussion and maybe applying pressure through Frk's availability.
Zibanejad is playing for the Binghampton Senators, under the Ottawa Senators purview. Martin Frk is playing for the Halifax Mooseheads who have no connection to Detroit.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Zibanejad is playing for the Binghampton Senators, under the Ottawa Senators purview. Martin Frk is playing for the Halifax Mooseheads who have no connection to Detroit.
I believe Frk signed an ELC with Detroit though.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
I believe Frk signed an ELC with Detroit though.
Has there ever been an instance of a team restricting a player from playing where he was only on an ELC and not playing in either the NHL or AHL?

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Has there ever been an instance of a team restricting a player from playing where he was only on an ELC and not playing in either the NHL or AHL?
Not to my knowledge. I don't anticipate there being issues with Frk.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:11 AM
smitty10

Anyone here going to be making avatars? If so send me a Hertl/Musil one!

Old
12-05-2012, 01:17 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebels4life View Post
I read on here all the time and never been motivated to post anything but the Czech team this year has a real shot. Bartosak has been on a tear in the last month in Red Deer. He was CHL goalie of the month, and is a work horse getting outshot most nights and still putting up a great GAA and save %. If he is still on a roll and the likes of Frk, Faska, Sedlak, Hertl, Hyka can put up a few points this team could beat anyone in a one off game. As long as his shoulders hold up ok he could be the MVP of the tourney!!
This is definitely my favourite 1st post on these boards.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:21 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
This is definitely my favourite 1st post on these boards.
Zorz, can you give us a background on why Stransky and Nedomlel have been left off the roster? I've speculated that Stransky's ex-connection to Vitkovice may be why, but what about Nedomlel?

Old
12-05-2012, 02:10 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Zorz, can you give us a background on why Stransky and Nedomlel have been left off the roster? I've speculated that Stransky's ex-connection to Vitkovice may be why, but what about Nedomlel?
As I said, I think nobody knows the reason. He attended a summer camp, so they were considering him for WJC in that time.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Jaskin should be pretty dominant in this tourney

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:47 PM
dnicks17

Has Jan Kostalek been overlooked because of playing in the CHL too?

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote