HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pominville to Mannheim

Old
11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Pominville to Mannheim

Yet another Sabre heads to Europe.... Looks like Pominville is heading to Mannheim.

Link>>>>>

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Looks like no good news for the league here... Good Luck Pominville

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:13 PM
pigpen65

Season is toast. As of now, Bettman is only tying his personal worst. He needs to bumble away next year too so he can one up himself.

pigpen65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:23 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
Season is toast. As of now, THE OWNERS are only tying THEIR personal worst. THE OWNERS need to bumble away next year too so THEY can one up THEMSELVES.
Since Bettman is doing what the owners (as a group) want, the above is a little more accurate, right?

ZZamboni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
SabresHockey66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Since Bettman is doing what the owners (as a group) want, the above is a little more accurate, right?
No. Bettman is doing what 5 or 6 owners are telling him to. Most of the owners are just along for the ride and have little to no say.

SabresHockey66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:13 PM
pigpen65

Quote:

There's 30 owners. And some of the owners aren't even singular. Some of them are ownership groups. You really think they are all on the exact same page all the time on everything?

pigpen65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:02 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

And I find it impossible to believe 24-25 owners (or groups) are against what Bettman is doing. And only 5-6 owners are dictating every possible little detail Bettman is doing.

I'm not pro or anti Bettman, but I know he's doing exactly what the owners (as a whole) want him to do. He's not going against them and saying "too bad owners, I'll do this my way".

If you want to splinter the owners into "pro Bettman" and "anti Bettman", then please, by all means list them. Then you can splinter the players into "pro Fehr" and "anti Fehr".

As a whole, Bettman is doing his job. Like it or not.

But this is going off the rails of the intended subject of this thread. Maybe Mods can throw these few posts in the CBA talk thread.

ZZamboni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:41 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
And I find it impossible to believe 24-25 owners (or groups) are against what Bettman is doing. And only 5-6 owners are dictating every possible little detail Bettman is doing.

I'm not pro or anti Bettman, but I know he's doing exactly what the owners (as a whole) want him to do. He's not going against them and saying "too bad owners, I'll do this my way".

If you want to splinter the owners into "pro Bettman" and "anti Bettman", then please, by all means list them. Then you can splinter the players into "pro Fehr" and "anti Fehr".

As a whole, Bettman is doing his job. Like it or not.

But this is going off the rails of the intended subject of this thread. Maybe Mods can throw these few posts in the CBA talk thread.
I read somewhere that pegula is against what bettman is doing and has been threatened with loss of draft picks to keep his mouth shut.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:35 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Well, at least its not Camryn. Interesting though he decided to go to Germany, no other possibilities available?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005179/

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Shadowthrone
Danke Angel di Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Well, at least its not Camryn. Interesting though he decided to go to Germany, no other possibilities available?

http://www.eishockeynews.de/aktuell/...nnheim-an.html

Obviously he is good friends with Yanick Lehoux, one reason for the decision

Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 02:07 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowthrone View Post
http://www.eishockeynews.de/aktuell/...nnheim-an.html

Obviously he is good friends with Yanick Lehoux, one reason for the decision
I found it odd that the TBN/NG articles didn't reference Mannheim as Hecht's former team and hometown - which, given Pominville's and Hecht's close friendship, would seem like a possible factor if Hecht is back in Europe.

Has anyone even heard any news on Hecht - whether he retired or moved back to Germany or is still in Buffalo, waiting to land a contract with an NHL team? The last news from the spring had quotes from him that he wanted to continue playing - which, given the lockout and his lack of a contract yet, I'd assume he'd have been one of the first to head back to Germany and try to get in top shape playing with hopes it might give him an edge in winning a contract.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

I wonder if playing there last year had anything to do with going back. Maybe he liked it there and wanted to play a little more?

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I found it odd that the TBN/NG articles didn't reference Mannheim as Hecht's former team and hometown - which, given Pominville's and Hecht's close friendship, would seem like a possible factor if Hecht is back in Europe.

Has anyone even heard any news on Hecht - whether he retired or moved back to Germany or is still in Buffalo, waiting to land a contract with an NHL team? The last news from the spring had quotes from him that he wanted to continue playing - which, given the lockout and his lack of a contract yet, I'd assume he'd have been one of the first to head back to Germany and try to get in top shape playing with hopes it might give him an edge in winning a contract.
Guess I should have read the original linked article wildcat posted:

Quote:
Pominville, who turns 30 years old today, expressed an interest in playing overseas in September. All along, he told his agent he wanted to join Mannheim, one of the DEL’s best teams, because his childhood friend growing up in Quebec, Yanick Lehoux, plays for the Eagles.

Former Sabres forward Jochen Hecht, who’s working out at the Northtown Center, has a standing offer to rejoin the Eagles, his hometown team he previously played five seasons with. Former Sabres defenseman Doug Janik’s also on the team.

“I think it’s one of the best European leagues definitely out there,” Pominville said. “For me, since the start, it’s the team I told my agent I wanted to go to. It’s a team my family felt comfortable going to because we know my friend that plays there. We know that maybe eventually Jochen will be there. We’ll be living close to our friends. That’s the good part about it.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I wonder if playing there last year had anything to do with going back. Maybe he liked it there and wanted to play a little more?
TBN's article does reference how Pominville enjoyed the experience of visiting there last fall:

Quote:
“When we played there it was really fun,” Pominville said by phone Friday. “The crowd was great. I think it’s one of the best places to play in Germany. They treat their players really nice.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...ORTS/121139896

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
IIRC, the last I read something on Hecht was in a German interview about a month ago. He was still in Buffalo training three times a week with eight or so players on rented ice. His two kids are enrolled in Buffalo schools and since he doesn't know where he'll play (in the NHL) after the lockout, he hasn't pulled them out or moved the family to Mannheim yet.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 233
Jason Pominville: "I look forward to the time in Mannheim!" (Presser Transcript)

He'll start practicing Thursday. There's games scheduled for Friday and Sunday.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

It's almost unfair. He's gonna tear that league up.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Bure80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
It's almost unfair. He's gonna tear that league up.
Will be fun to watch. Berlin with Giroux and Briere against Mannheim with Seidenberg,Pominville,Goc and maybe Hecht.

Bure80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:40 AM
Reacher Gilt

Hecht joins Mannheim

Reacher Gilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 03:39 PM
michaelsaas

Heading to Germany Monday might try and catch them!

michaelsaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:35 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 550
Jochen Hecht: "I'm glad to be back at home" -

12th December 2012 - On Wednesday at 10.30 clock, all eyes of the visitors were directed training in the side hall of the SAP Arena on only one man: returnees Jochen Hecht. The 35-year NHL pro today completed his first training session with the Eagles and was on the ice in great shape. On Sunday, the native of Mannheim is the home game against Ingolstadt used. We met him after training today and asked him about his return, his goals and the last few months during the lockout.

http://www.adler-mannheim.de/topstor...d%5Bnr%5D=3554

Pominville, Hecht and the rest of Adler Mannheim are going to be part of the Spangler Cup which is later this month in Davos, Switzerland - Dec 26-Jan 31. Adler was placed in the group with Canada and HC Davos. The first game pits Adler vs Canada - Wednesday, Dec 26 - 2:15 pm ET - LIVE on TSN2. The loser of that game plays HC Davos - Thursday, Dec 27 - 2:15 pm ET - LIVE on TSN. The winner of that game plays HC Davos - Friday, Dec 28 - 2:00 pm ET - LIVE on TSN2.

The first place team in the group advances to the semifinals - the second place team advances to the quarterfinals - the third place team is eliminated. The other group features Fribourg Gotteron, Salavat Yulaev UFA and HC Vitkovice Steel. With the games being televised by TSN/TSN2 in Canada and most of the teams having NHL players on them, it would have been cool if either the NHL Network or the NBC Sports Network televised these games here in the United States. (Currently neither network has plans to televise the Spangler Cup.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Spengler_Cup

Official Website - http://www.spenglercup.ch/

Last edited by LaxSabre: 12-14-2012 at 11:47 AM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote