HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens Lounge LII | TITLE | SUBTITLLE | GK HAWT SISTERS?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2012, 09:15 AM
  #326
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,173
vCash: 500
Also, just did a test that took me 8 minutes and 37 seconds.

Took me longer to drive to school than to do the test.

Qward is online now  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:24 AM
  #327
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
Well, I'd rather use Herb instead, but for some asinine reason, I can't.
Go for Herbie instead. Softens the blow.

__________________
hockeyalltheway is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:29 AM
  #328
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,173
vCash: 500
Your avatar can be a vw bug

Qward is online now  
Old
12-05-2012, 11:21 AM
  #329
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Petawawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,368
vCash: 50
I find it's a lot harder to motivate myself to do assignments when there's no hope of reattaining my scholarship average.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 11:37 AM
  #330
Liliaceae
Sens ❤
 
Liliaceae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Yes the only girl we had left was GK.
So Herb was right, this place has turned into a sausagefest


Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Here you go

Turkey Girl!! One of the best HF threads ever haha!


Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Quo, Shanny, HOH, Leaf Rocket, Sens Gal, AlfieisourKing, Lily ( 2 posts isn't a come-back no offense intended). All had significant lounge time, but have been absent or barely posting for a long time
This almost makes me want to post more


Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabman0508 View Post
Oh god.

The Lemon Chiffon Dragon is the Laziest Dragon of all. It has Chubby Feet, and a Toe Nail shaped like a Phil Kessel. It loves to eat ****, although it will feast on nearly anything. It is Martian and Spammer . You must be Terrible around it, or you may end up as it`s meal!

Edit: HAHAHAHAHA it had to censor out one of the words.
This is hilarious!


Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
Well, I'd rather use Herb instead, but for some asinine reason, I can't.
I miss CitizenErased, KingSlayer and.. there was another one but I can't remember.

Liliaceae is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
  #331
Terrence
Registered User
 
Terrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Do you not have dropbox?
Not for this class.

Terrence is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  #332
Harbinger
Lose control.
 
Harbinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,510
vCash: 500
Herbie is just really terrible.

Harbinger is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:37 PM
  #333
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,406
vCash: 500
So is whatever the **** is in your avatar...

Manked is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
  #334
Harbinger
Lose control.
 
Harbinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,510
vCash: 500
Don't diss my girlfriend.

Harbinger is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
  #335
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 50
Pedo.

18Hossa is online now  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:42 PM
  #336
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,867
vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Also, just did a test that took me 8 minutes and 37 seconds.

Took me longer to drive to school than to do the test.
How did you time yourself down to the second?

Look at the exact time when you start and finish?

saskriders is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:53 PM
  #337
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I find it's a lot harder to motivate myself to do assignments when there's no hope of reattaining my scholarship average.
Even worse when it comes at the end of the semester. If it's at the beginning and you realize you're already screwed, at least you get into some form of routine out of necessity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
Herbie is just really terrible.
So's your face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
Don't diss my girlfriend.
Easy there, Krieger.

hockeyalltheway is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:00 PM
  #338
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,406
vCash: 500
My Economics prof bell-curved us up 15%. FIFTEEN PERCENT.

Final exam went from a 68% to an 83%. I now get a 86% in that class. Boooooooyeah.

Also, that accounting exam I was pumped about, got a 93% and the class average was mid 60s.

The exam I'm most nervous about is tomorrow's Sports Admin exam, because our prof is somewhat of a *********.

Manked is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:01 PM
  #339
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
How did you time yourself down to the second?

Look at the exact time when you start and finish?
I knew the test was going to be simple. Only worth 10 marks out of 140 in the program.

I hit the time button on my cell phone on my lap.


She used my presentation to make a question up on the test lol

Qward is online now  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:01 PM
  #340
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,867
vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
My Economics prof bell-curved us up 15%. FIFTEEN PERCENT.

Final exam went from a 68% to an 83%. I now get a 86% in that class. Boooooooyeah.

Also, that accounting exam I was pumped about, got a 93% and the class average was mid 60s.

The exam I'm most nervous about is tomorrow's Sports Admin exam, because our prof is somewhat of a *********.

All the answers are Cs

saskriders is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
  #341
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
All the answers are Cs
I'm actually really creeped out right now.

Is that something that's commonly said? Is that from a show or something? Or do you follow me? What in the name of God.

Manked is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:06 PM
  #342
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,867
vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I'm actually really creeped out right now.

Is that something that's commonly said? Is that from a show or something? Or do you follow me? What in the name of God.
Just commonly said, especially if it is a scantron

saskriders is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
  #343
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 50
My last multiple choice test thing 5 were D, 3 were B, 2 were C, and 3 were A, but they were almost all in a row so i was kinda doubtful.

18Hossa is online now  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:12 PM
  #344
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Just commonly said, especially if it is a scantron
In every single Econ lecture, our prof says "That will be question 18 on your exam. The answer is C."

Manked is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
  #345
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I'm actually really creeped out right now.

Is that something that's commonly said? Is that from a show or something? Or do you follow me? What in the name of God.
Common saying. If I ever become a prof, I want to make a scantron with 150 questions, all 'C' except for one 'B'.

hockeyalltheway is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:24 PM
  #346
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Petawawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,368
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I'm actually really creeped out right now.

Is that something that's commonly said? Is that from a show or something? Or do you follow me? What in the name of God.
I seem to recall a prof explained this once. There's a tendency to associate the first response with the most obvious choice, so teachers avoid A. Similarly, you associate the 'least likely' choice as D, which would be 'the most obvious place to hide the answer,' so teachers avoid D. Making the answer C instead of B creates a perception that the student has to actually search for the answer; by the time they reach C, they've already read two other options that could be right and thus serve as misinformation to the students. If the answer was B, it would be more recognizable because there is less misinformation in front of it. Hence, the tendency to avoid B.

Could very well be a load of crock, but it's kind of funny that someone would take the time to inquire about why C appears to be the answer more often.

CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:35 PM
  #347
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I seem to recall a prof explained this once. There's a tendency to associate the first response with the most obvious choice, so teachers avoid A. Similarly, you associate the 'least likely' choice as D, which would be 'the most obvious place to hide the answer,' so teachers avoid D. Making the answer C instead of B creates a perception that the student has to actually search for the answer; by the time they reach C, they've already read two other options that could be right and thus serve as misinformation to the students. If the answer was B, it would be more recognizable because there is less misinformation in front of it. Hence, the tendency to avoid B.

Could very well be a load of crock, but it's kind of funny that someone would take the time to inquire about why C appears to be the answer more often.
Ah, but now that we know this, C is more recognizable as the correct answer than any other. Hence, the tendency to avoid C.

hockeyalltheway is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:48 PM
  #348
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 1425
Either way, if you circle all the C`s, you're most likely failing your exam.

mat_sens is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:49 PM
  #349
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Either way, if you circle all the C`s, you're most likely failing your exam.
Yup, totally agreed.

Filling in all the C's, though, is a surefire way to pass.

hockeyalltheway is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 02:35 PM
  #350
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,406
vCash: 500
CH's map has made me realize that we drove the equivalent of going from Paris, France to Mumbai, India.

Manked is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.