HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012 NBA Off-Season Thread: There's a new team in town

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2012, 11:39 PM
  #801
30theking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
luckily for the nba fans stern is on his way out soon. now if only bettman would go next. next year will mark his 20th year as nhl commissoner. 2 decades is definetly long enough dealing with this guy.

30theking is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 02:43 PM
  #802
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Screw You Rick Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,258
vCash: 3000
I'm no basketball fan, so maybe that's the reason to my question. Am I the only one from Brooklyn who is already tired of the whole "Brooklyn thing" with the Nets?

Also, to the OP or Mods: You can change the title of the thread, since it's not the off-season anymore.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
  #803
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,571
vCash: 500
Tyson became the second player in NBA history to shoot over 70% for an entire calender month. Wilt, of course, was the first.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:34 AM
  #804
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
So I found out that the reason why my friend got these seats is that she's actually Kurt Thomas's cousin haha, small world.

NYGRYK21 is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:56 AM
  #805
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
It would be tough to have Davis Lee be the guy to bring the NBA back to NY. Amare started the trend and made Melo want to come here and to make NY viable destination for winning. David Lee does not do that for people. As much as Amare doesn't gel with Chandler/Melo, he is the reason why this has begun here in NY. They need to try and make this work. Melo at the 3 is better for him overall, so Amare needs to gel with those two. Having Kidd, Felton, and Prigioni at the helm instead of the guys they had previously besides Jeremy Lin.

I loved David Lee. Wish he could have stayed, but they needed to get a big name instead of a very good player. Amare was both of those.

mrjimmyg89 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 11:25 AM
  #806
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
That alley opp was ridiculous, Knicks look great so far.

NYGRYK21 is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 12:12 PM
  #807
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,327
vCash: 500
'Sheed has to control himself, but getting a technical by screaming "Ball don't lie" is so ridiculous IMO

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 12:14 PM
  #808
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I'm no basketball fan, so maybe that's the reason to my question. Am I the only one from Brooklyn who is already tired of the whole "Brooklyn thing" with the Nets?

Also, to the OP or Mods: You can change the title of the thread, since it's not the off-season anymore.
I'm not tired of it (yet), I just think they will never be NY's team. Any Knicks fan who jumped ship boggles my mind.

I can personally give two ***** that Brooklyn will have hockey and basketball pro teams.

I hate both franchises no matter where they play or call home.

GWOW is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 12:16 PM
  #809
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
'Sheed has to control himself, but getting a technical by screaming "Ball don't lie" is so ridiculous IMO
NBA refs are the worst in terms of personal vendettas. Baseball umpires are a close second.

Wallace did this to himself from the first day he came into the league. Complaining to refs 10 times a game gets you nowhere.

GWOW is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 12:44 PM
  #810
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Dragic and Gortat are pretty good. Both very underrated.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 01:23 PM
  #811
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,327
vCash: 500
Really fell asleep in the second half. Should have been a much more comfortable finish.

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:19 PM
  #812
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Sounds like Amar'e is pretty close. Hearing Christmas. January for Shumpert.

Chandler
Anthony
Brewer
Shumpert
Felton

Stoudemire
Wallace
Novak
Smith
Kidd

I think he only reason why Kidd is starting is due to Amar'e's injury. I don't think the Knicks intention was to have a 2 PG lineup.

So to give Shumpert minutes Kidd needs to be the backup PG. imo.
You can still monitor Shump's minutes if you start him.

I think Prigioni's minutes get severely cut.

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:59 PM
  #813
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,735
vCash: 500
Awards:
Felton will play tonight. Kidd maybe. So says ESPN.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:04 PM
  #814
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Felton will play tonight. Kidd maybe. So says ESPN.
If Kidd is a "maybe" I'd just sit him tonight to get him the best chance of playing tomorrow against the Heat.

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:12 PM
  #815
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Kidd is playing. Woodson said he's not starting. I wouldn't play him no more than 15 minutes.
You don't need him to beat the Bobcats.

btw. The Heat lost to the Wizards. lol.
You know you have arrived as a team when teams overlook weak opponents just before they face you.

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:24 PM
  #816
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Kidd is playing. Woodson said he's not starting. I wouldn't play him no more than 15 minutes.
You don't need him to beat the Bobcats.

btw. The Heat lost to the Wizards. lol.
You know you have arrived as a team when teams overlook weak opponents just before they face you.
It's funny, but now you KNOW they're coming with their A+++++ game against the Knicks

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 01:29 PM
  #817
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
It's funny, but now you KNOW they're coming with their A+++++ game against the Knicks
Exactly. Knicks better be ready.

I've watched Miami a lot. They have cruised in most games. Their defense isn't as good as last year. but they bring it against the top teams.

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:34 PM
  #818
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,327
vCash: 500
Chandler was a ball magnet there in the first.

8 pts 9 boards in 11 minutes.

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:39 PM
  #819
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,560
vCash: 500
Crap, didn't know they were on.

17futurecap is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
  #820
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Knicks overlooking the Cats.

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:07 PM
  #821
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,571
vCash: 500
Had to expect Ben Gordon to go off.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:08 PM
  #822
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Felton is doing the same thing some thought Lin would do with Melo here.....shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot and shoot again.

The argument for some, was Lin would take shots away from Melo and that Lin is an offensive PG which doesn't mesh with Melo.
That argument looks ridiculous now. Raymond Felton does the EXACT same thing. People killed Lin's defense. Felton isn't that good defensively either. Has trouble with quick guards.

I rather have Lin....

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:12 PM
  #823
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Felton is doing the same thing some thought Lin would do with Melo here.....shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot and shoot again.

The argument for some, was Lin would take shots away from Melo and that Lin is an offensive PG which doesn't mesh with Melo.
That argument looks ridiculous now. Raymond Felton does the EXACT same thing. People killed Lin's defense. Felton isn't that good defensively either. Has trouble with quick guards.

I rather have Lin....
Think you're being way too hard on Felton. People knew what they were getting with him, well I did at least. Felton is a shooter, always has been. But he's taken 9 shots to 'Melo's 11 tonight. It's not like he's not dishing the ball either with 5 assists.

Would you like to see him tone it down a bit with the injured hand? Maybe, but that's not his game.

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:13 PM
  #824
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Felton is doing the same thing some thought Lin would do with Melo here.....shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot and shoot again.

The argument for some, was Lin would take shots away from Melo and that Lin is an offensive PG which doesn't mesh with Melo.
That argument looks ridiculous now. Raymond Felton does the EXACT same thing. People killed Lin's defense. Felton isn't that good defensively either. Has trouble with quick guards.

I rather have Lin....
I disagree. Felton is having a better season than Lin. I understand where you're coming from, but the thing with Melo is that he's not a guy who's offense comes from the PnR, which is what Ray specializes in. Ray's ability to drive and shoot from the outside, which is something Lin has failed to do well this season, opens up the floor for Melo to do his thing. I think it's clearly working well.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:42 PM
  #825
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,327
vCash: 500
So. Many. Fouls.

JR Smith reminding me of Duhon right now. Trying to shoot his way out of his slump and failing miserably.

silverfish is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.