HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Elverpond

vCash: 500
yeah you can't tell me that MSU recruits better players than we do. we hung in there against minny last weekend though. it's a little sad to see the building so empty compared to how it was even 2-3 years ago. I really like Eaves personally but the Badgers are a kind of team that should be competitive every year. I dont know, maybe we have short memories as we just went to the NC finals two years ago. really disappointing game last night god.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elverpond View Post
yeah you can't tell me that MSU recruits better players than we do. we hung in there against minny last weekend though. it's a little sad to see the building so empty compared to how it was even 2-3 years ago. I really like Eaves personally but the Badgers are a kind of team that should be competitive every year. I dont know, maybe we have short memories as we just went to the NC finals two years ago. really disappointing game last night god.
Are you referring to the Kohl Center being so empty last night? If so, it's probably because of the Thanksgiving break.

I didn't see the game last night, but I have seen the Badgers in some previous games. Again, it's lack of scoring depth and solid defensive play that are really killing them right now. If more guys can step up offensively and the defense can tighten up more, then I think you'll start seeing a whole different Badgers team.

FYI, Kerdiles will be eligible to make his season debut next weekend. That should help boost the offense, especially with Zengerle being out for a few more weeks.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Xokkeu

I agree thanksgiving break will hurt attendance. I also think this team isn't as bad as its record.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Elverpond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Are you referring to the Kohl Center being so empty last night? If so, it's probably because of the Thanksgiving break.

I didn't see the game last night, but I have seen the Badgers in some previous games. Again, it's lack of scoring depth and solid defensive play that are really killing them right now. If more guys can step up offensively and the defense can tighten up more, then I think you'll start seeing a whole different Badgers team.

FYI, Kerdiles will be eligible to make his season debut next weekend. That should help boost the offense, especially with Zengerle being out for a few more weeks.
woops! my bad, i had completely forgotten that it's thanksgiving weekend.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I agree thanksgiving break will hurt attendance. I also think this team isn't as bad as its record.
Well, on paper anyway. As I mentioned already, I don't think that guys like LaBate, Barnes, etc. haven't really brought their best games yet. IMO, there's no question that they have a very solid lineup that can compete with anyone on any given night, but if they aren't bringing their "A" games consistently, it doesn't matter how good they look on paper, it just won't translate on the ice. I know that there are people out there that say Eaves is the problem or that having lost Bill Butters has contributed to their downfall. Maybe, but coaches can only do so much and it's ultimately up to the players to get it done in games. Now perhaps Eaves could start lighting some fires under some of them, but again it's all about how it translates to the results on the ice.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
I gotta believe the 1-7-2 start is the worse start in Bucky history or dang near close to it. Getting swept by the Mavs at home? Ouch. Remember when the Sioux got swept by Tech at home awhile back. It was the wake up call they needed maybe this will wake up the Badgers.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
I gotta believe the 1-7-2 start is the worse start in Bucky history or dang near close to it. Getting swept by the Mavs at home? Ouch. Remember when the Sioux got swept by Tech at home awhile back. It was the wake up call they needed maybe this will wake up the Badgers.
Lord knows if this isn't a wake up call, I have no idea.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Lord knows if this isn't a wake up call, I have no idea.
Well it isn't going to get any easier next weekend against an angry DU team that's coming off of a third-period meltdown (and loss) to UNH last night.

But the good news is Kerdiles will be able to play and that should at least help the Badgers offensive production.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!

vCash: 3385
Took 3 out of 4 points from DU

Old
12-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Elverpond

yeah it was superb performance and we really should have had all four points. i cant believe they let that goal in at the end on friday night. Kerdiles looks like he is the real deal. And the paper is reporting that Zengerle is coming back this weekend against Michigan tech.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Elverpond

Also, this season is far from being a complete loss. have hope i think this team will really hit it's stride, barring injuries, post-christmas.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Also, this season is far from being a complete loss. have hope i think this team will really hit it's stride, barring injuries, post-christmas.
Frankly I think our only hope is to win the WCHA tourny.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!

vCash: 3385
Quote:
This season feels the same as the season where they started poorly and then were something like .002 away from making the NCAA tourney. Hopefully they can keep winning games

Old
12-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Elverpond

Quote:
Are you worried about the team as a whole? forwards, defense, etc..?

The WCHA is always tight if we can squeeze our way into the top half I think we have a shot.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Are you worried about the team as a whole? forwards, defense, etc..?

The WCHA is always tight if we can squeeze our way into the top half I think we have a shot.
Well before this weekend only Mersch had more than one goal. So yeah I'm worried about the forwards.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Xokkeu

The nightmare rolls on.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Two ties at home against Michigan Tech. Pathetic. This team has not won a game at home yet.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Xokkeu

Badgers held the territorial advantage most of the series but found ways to drop points. No surprise.

If they can't beat Alabama next weekend, oh dear

Old
12-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Elverpond

They need to get a new coach after this season. In my dreams, Chelios. This is, unfortunately, highly unlikely.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
They need to get a new coach after this season. In my dreams, Chelios. This is, unfortunately, highly unlikely.
I'm okay with that. I can't really see how cheli would be an upgrade over Eaves. Eaves proved himself at the NHL level, brought home a championship and another finals appearance, not to mention the first WJC gold medal for U-S and A. Not too many coaches in NCAA hockey come close to that pedigree.

This season is disappointing, for sure, but this team is not all that great. They should be better than they are but it's a little early to be calling for Eaves' head and turning over the reigns to an unproven commodity.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
I'm okay with that. I can't really see how cheli would be an upgrade over Eaves. Eaves proved himself at the NHL level, brought home a championship and another finals appearance, not to mention the first WJC gold medal for U-S and A. Not too many coaches in NCAA hockey come close to that pedigree.

This season is disappointing, for sure, but this team is not all that great. They should be better than they are but it's a little early to be calling for Eaves' head and turning over the reigns to an unproven commodity.
Pretty much every year us Sioux fans hear how Hakstol should be canned then the second half run begins and everything quiets down. Fans need to let this season play out before wanting Eaves gone. The guy can obviously coach.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Elverpond

He's so conservative in his tactics and then he wonders why we have no offense? 1-1-3 forecheck really?

I'm not saying Cheli would be a great coach or even a decent coach but he would definetly re-energize the fans in the Madison-area. Though I'm not even sure if that's most of the problem. My dad was lamenting how in the old days at the Coliseum you could down two beers on the concourse between each period and the style of play was up tempo and exciting.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Elverpond

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html

dont know if anyone saw this but this is kinda pushed me off the fence on the coaching issue.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
He's so conservative in his tactics and then he wonders why we have no offense? 1-1-3 forecheck really?

I'm not saying Cheli would be a great coach or even a decent coach but he would definetly re-energize the fans in the Madison-area. Though I'm not even sure if that's most of the problem. My dad was lamenting how in the old days at the Coliseum you could down two beers on the concourse between each period and the style of play was up tempo and exciting.
By far the bigger issue here is the beer. By faaaaaaaaaaaaar

Old
12-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html

dont know if anyone saw this but this is kinda pushed me off the fence on the coaching issue.
$15 for parking? I usually bike, but when I do drive, I never pay $15.

Closed Thread