HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout Thread #3: The Rollercoaster Continues...

View Poll Results: When will the lockout end?
December 15-31st,2012 6 19.35%
January 2013 13 41.94%
September 2013 6 19.35%
October 2013-December 2013 2 6.45%
January 2014 0 0%
September 2014 0 0%
October 2014-January 2015 0 0%
NHL is gone forever 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 02:23 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-kypreos-says/

I would be elated. Fingers crossed...
Going to start off by saying I can believe this.

But this is quite possibly one of the stupidest things that can come out of this lockout. If this is true it goes to show you that the players couldn't do anything to please the owners. They all could've been golfing everyday instead of wasting time sitting at a table.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Rin

vCash: 500
Quote:

I hope this happens!! This news has me semi looking forward to Friday now. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase make it happen!!

Old
12-05-2012, 02:36 PM
okgooil

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Going to start off by saying I can believe this.

But this is quite possibly one of the stupidest things that can come out of this lockout. If this is true it goes to show you that the players couldn't do anything to please the owners. They all could've been golfing everyday instead of wasting time sitting at a table.
I wouldn't take it that litterally.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:37 PM
okgooil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
I hope this happens!! This news has me semi looking forward to Friday now. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase make it happen!!
Got my fingers crossed.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Master Lok

Quote:

Some of this stuff doesn't ring true.

Point 1. Kypreos is an idiot, and has been one for a very long time.

Point 2. Kypreos who is a staunch NHLPA supporter - how would he know anything about what Gary Bettman would want? That doesn't make any sense.

Point 3. mcLean said "then at December 1st we’re getting a deal done." Its Dec 5, Dec 1st has already passed.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:53 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
I wouldn't take it that litterally.
Why? Been hearing this for quite some time. Even at the last set of games that were cancelled it was mentioned as to why not just cancel all of December.

Time will tell I guess. Just seems stupid that you'd have a drop dead date for when you start negotiating for real.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
okgooil

Quote:
Why? Been hearing this for quite some time. Even at the last set of games that were cancelled it was mentioned as to why not just cancel all of December.

Time will tell I guess. Just seems stupid that you'd have a drop dead date for when you start negotiating for real.
Well I just mean I doubt Bettman was like no matter what the players do, we will not sign until the Dec 1st. I think, if even true that he said that, he more meant that he knows full well the players won't cave in, so we will play hard ball untill the first, hoping by then we are getting pretty close. Then we will try hard to make a deal.

ie. I wouldn't take it that litterally.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
okgooil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Some of this stuff doesn't ring true.

Point 1. Kypreos is an idiot, and has been one for a very long time.

Point 2. Kypreos who is a staunch NHLPA supporter - how would he know anything about what Gary Bettman would want? That doesn't make any sense.

Point 3. mcLean said "then at December 1st we’re getting a deal done." Its Dec 5, Dec 1st has already passed.
I think Kypreos saying that shows he is a clear supporter of the NHLPA. I hope there is truth to what he said, however, even if their is truth to it the way Kypreos is saying it clearly shows that he supports the NHLPA. In other words he is misquoting Bettman.

I just hope the truth is more like Bettman thinks that it will take until now to get close enough for a deal. That Bettman, hoping things proceed as he thinks, considers Dec 1 ish to be a time that a serious deal can be looked at. Thus, there is truth to what Kypreos said, even if he said it in a way that is bias.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
joestevens29

Lawton was talking about how he had the 15th on his calendar circled for months now as well.

Wonder if this is the way the PA and NHL try save face.

Merry x-mas fans, now go out and buy NHL merchandise at a 5% discount as a thank-you for your patientance.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:07 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Lawton was talking about how he had the 15th on his calendar circled for months now as well.

Wonder if this is the way the PA and NHL try save face.

Merry x-mas fans, now go out and buy NHL merchandise at a 5% discount as a thank-you for your patientance.
Sadly I am waiting for this discount to buy a Yakupov jersey. I will end up buying the jersey even if they don't offer a discount.

Obsession is fun.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:09 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Sadly I am waiting for this discount to buy a Yakupov jersey. I will end up buying the jersey even if they don't offer a discount.

Obsession is fun.
Wasn't there anything on sale with the Black Friday weekend sale?(honestly I don't know what it was called)

Although I don't think that stuff will be on sale, because they know fans what that stuff anyways. I think you sooner see the Hemsky and Smyth stuff for sale as opposed to the new flashy players.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:40 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
i always buy my kids and nephews, cousins neices etc oilers gear for christmas but not this year, it is my way of sticking it to the nhl, but i'd be lying through my teeth if i said i wouldnt be watching as soon as the games are back

Old
12-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Blue And Orange
Kevin Lowe Must GO!!

Even if this season is saved, fans shouldn't lose sight of what the NHL and the players put us through. I'm still in favour of boycotts. Both sides need to be taught a lesson.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:52 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue And Orange View Post
Even if this season is saved, fans shouldn't lose sight of what the NHL and the players put us through. I'm still in favour of boycotts. Both sides need to be taught a lesson.
The only ones that will continue to boycott are the ones that have already closed up shop and found better things to do. People that are on HF or Hockeybuzz or harassing people on twitter about hockey will be back supporting the NHL.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
The only ones that will continue to boycott are the ones that have already closed up shop and found better things to do. People that are on HF or Hockeybuzz or harassing people on twitter about hockey will be back supporting the NHL.
Pretty much, I'll be watching it but I won't be spending a dime on it. That's wehre they need to get hit hard. Everyone just needs to stay home and watch the games and follow along but the chances of that happening are szero to none is a lot of markets.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I'm pretty apathetic about all of this. As this lockout dragged out I was kind of looking forward to having a year off. The Oilers have put me though too much over the past six years.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

These players and ex-players are bloody hilarious.

Quote:
Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2
Bettman 8M a year and he's not present in meetings. Apparently progress is being made. The league should buy him out.
Yeah, because Fehr wasn't impeding the process...

Old
12-05-2012, 04:07 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
These players and ex-players are bloody hilarious.

Yeah, because Fehr wasn't impeding the process...
Get rid of them both. It's going to be pretty sad if it took until they were out of the room to get something done.

I do however see Bettman stepping aside in the near future anyways. Guy probably aged 10 extra years because of these stupid lockouts.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Blue And Orange
Kevin Lowe Must GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Pretty much, I'll be watching it but I won't be spending a dime on it. That's wehre they need to get hit hard. Everyone just needs to stay home and watch the games and follow along but the chances of that happening are szero to none is a lot of markets.
That's what I was trying to get to. Boycott as in not spend a single dime on NHL related stuff.

Boycott the first game of the season if you have to. Would love to see opening week, games played in empty arenas, it would send a huge message.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Talk about entitlement.

Good lord man - what the NHL and players have put you through? Through what? What have you lost?

The Players have lost salary money and the owners have lost revenue money and possibly damaged relationships with advertisers and sponsors.

How exactly have you been hurt by the CBA? It's a total falacy brought up by media in an entitled world. If you wish to watch the NHL when it gets started, then do so. If you don't, then don't.

Don't cry that somehow hockey owes you something.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:20 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
That's what I was trying to get to. Boycott as in not spend a single dime on NHL related stuff.

Boycott the first game of the season if you have to. Would love to see opening week, games played in empty arenas, it would send a huge message.
So you won't be watching the games either?

And what message does an empty building show? PHX has one all the time and the only message I get is that if you have no one supporting your team but the City built the arena, then you'll never lose your team and the City will fund the team.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Talk about entitlement.
Good lord man - what the NHL and players have put you through? Through what? What have you lost?

The Players have lost salary money and the owners have lost revenue money and possibly damaged relationships with advertisers and sponsors.

How exactly have you been hurt by the CBA? It's a total falacy brought up by media in an entitled world. If you wish to watch the NHL when it gets started, then do so. If you don't, then don't.

I miss watching hockey like every one of us here, but i have to agree with your statements.

Hockey doesn't owe us sh**. I'll still watch games and physically go to one if i can, even if i'm a bit bitter about it.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Talk about entitlement.

...and where exactly does that money come from?

If my business treated our customers like this I wouldn't have a toilet to piss in. I think you have the entitlement bass ackwards.

However feeling that you've been done wrong is something different.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:31 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
...and where exactly does that money come from?

If my business treated our customers like this I wouldn't have a toilet to piss in. I think you have the entitlement bass ackwards.

However feeling that you've been done wrong is something different.
So Technically if anything you have gained as you haven't had to spent money on tickets, parking, hot dogs, heroin laced beer, 50-50 etc...

I've been looking at this all wrong.

Thank-you Gary and thank you Mr.Fehr's.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Blue And Orange
Kevin Lowe Must GO!!

Quote:
Talk about entitlement.

I work in the service industry near the arenas. You cry entitlement, some people here are trying to make an honest living like myself. My bar had to lay off a lot of staff members because of this lockout. And I live in Toronto and my bar suffered a little last year with the NBA lockout.

Usually, all the money I make with Leafs games are gone and I'm pretty much in dire financial straits.

Your comment was ignorant, selfish, and makes you look like a complete jack ass. So please, don't talk to me.

Last edited by Blue And Orange: 12-05-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Closed Thread