HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Road Hockey Under Cambie Street Bridge 3:30pm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2012, 02:54 PM
  #26
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Damn...I hate being in Kitimat some of the - no, scratch that - all of the time.

Have fun, guys!
Fly down now? There's still time!

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:54 PM
  #27
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,910
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Damn...I hate being in Kitimat some of the - no, scratch that - all of the time.

Have fun, guys!
LOL. Looks like you can't make it to this scrim man. I'll try and score one for you.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:55 PM
  #28
Stefan It Up
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,166
vCash: 500
I bet it turns out like this


Stefan It Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:56 PM
  #29
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,910
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
What should my celly be though? I was thinking maybe a little Tebowing wouldn't hurt?

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:56 PM
  #30
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,910
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan It Up View Post
I bet it turns out like this
That's how I'm picturing it will be. Hopefully it isn't too cluttered.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:57 PM
  #31
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
What should my celly be though? I was thinking maybe a little Tebowing wouldn't hurt?
I wouldn't. The Jets recently trademarked that. You could be sued...

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
  #32
David Booth Fan
Registered User
 
David Booth Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,608
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David Booth Fan
*Shows in in Marchand jersey*

David Booth Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
  #33
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,910
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Two last questions that someone more familiar with the area could maybe answer please?

1) When I am walking down from Stadium Skytrain, heading South would the court be on my left, right, or directly under the bridge?
and
2) Do they have good lighting? I'd imagine it would get dark pretty quick.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:01 PM
  #34
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
It's right under the bridge, so when it rains it'll be dry. Court is very very small though. Lighting doesn't look the greatest from what I can tell using google maps street view.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
  #35
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,910
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
It's right under the bridge, so when it rains it'll be dry. Court is very very small though. Lighting doesn't look the greatest from what I can tell using google maps street view.
Thanks bud, didn't know they had street view for that **** decent.

I'm gonna be there a bit early probably. See you there bud.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
  #36
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Thanks bud, didn't know they had street view for that **** decent.

I'm gonna be there a bit early probably. See you there bud.
Yeah I'll probably leave work and be there early too. That way if they no show I can still get home early enough to do decent workout.

See ya there! (Unless I find out its not legit before 3 lol)

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:33 PM
  #37
RobertKron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,600
vCash: 500
It's directly under the cambie bridge, lighting is fine - this was our go-to rainy night BMX spot for years. Also, expect a ton of people - I've already heard about this from a number of completely non-hockey-interested folks.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:41 PM
  #38
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,910
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
It's directly under the cambie bridge, lighting is fine - this was our go-to rainy night BMX spot for years. Also, expect a ton of people - I've already heard about this from a number of completely non-hockey-interested folks.
Yeah, I just hope there is not too many fair-weathereds who swarm them and act like children and make it generally unenjoyable. Don't get me wrong, kids can act like kids they have that raw passion for the game. The older and more fair-weathereds...no. I wonder how many will be there that Bronx cheered Luongo...

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:49 PM
  #39
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Yeah, I just hope there is not too many fair-weathereds who swarm them and act like children and make it generally unenjoyable. Don't get me wrong, kids can act like kids they have that raw passion for the game. The older and more fair-weathereds...no. I wonder how many will be there that Bronx cheered Luongo...
We have hockey sticks, and Bieksa said to bring bad attitudes....

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:02 PM
  #40
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
do they have goalies? any idea what type of flooring this is on? if its on concrete stuff no way i am bringing my goalie gear

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:03 PM
  #41
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
do they have goalies? any idea what type of flooring this is on? if its on concrete stuff no way i am bringing my goalie gear
Appears to be concrete.

There's also mention of this on The Province web page. Looks legit. Dayamn!

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:03 PM
  #42
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Do you think it would be the North Side of the Bridge or South Side? ****. I NEED TO KNOW I GOTTA LEAVE IN 2 HOURS
It's probably on Marinaside under the Cambie street bridge.

There's a basket ball court in a sunken down area there.

It is concrete for the goalies.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:13 PM
  #43
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
major dilemma... go with my ice hockey pads and proceed to ruin my gear that costs a grand.... or miss out on this opportunity of having kes shoot on me.

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:19 PM
  #44
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
major dilemma... go with my ice hockey pads and proceed to ruin my gear that costs a grand.... or miss out on this opportunity of having kes shoot on me.
Just go with a cheap stick and play as a forward? I ran over to Sport Chek to pick up a cheap stick. No tape, no gear, nothing lol. I'm wearing casual business clothes and dress shoes. Oh well.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:20 PM
  #45
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Two last questions that someone more familiar with the area could maybe answer please?

1) When I am walking down from Stadium Skytrain, heading South would the court be on my left, right, or directly under the bridge?
and
2) Do they have good lighting? I'd imagine it would get dark pretty quick.
1) You'd be better off going to the Roundhouse skytrain, walking down to Marinaside and following it to the Cambie street bridge.

There's faster ways but that would probably be the best.

2) Normally there is no lighting in the area.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:21 PM
  #46
theo5789
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
major dilemma... go with my ice hockey pads and proceed to ruin my gear that costs a grand.... or miss out on this opportunity of having kes shoot on me.
Go to Canadian Tire and buy cheap street hockey goalie pads?

theo5789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:22 PM
  #47
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
major dilemma... go with my ice hockey pads and proceed to ruin my gear that costs a grand.... or miss out on this opportunity of having kes shoot on me.
is that little time going to be worth the time it takes to replace or hours spent paying for new ones?

THIS my friends is why you own road hockey goalie gear.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:25 PM
  #48
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
is that little time going to be worth the time it takes to replace or hours spent paying for new ones?

THIS my friends is why you own road hockey goalie gear.
Or toughen up and play goalie without pads.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
  #49
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Delta, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
**** - no way I could possibly be there.

WonderTwinsUnite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:28 PM
  #50
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Or toughen up and play goalie without pads.
So THATS your plan to toughen the Sedins up!


See you guys won't even need to get goalies

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.