HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2012, 12:50 AM
  #701
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party
 
Chessarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,464
vCash: 500
On year 10 with my Devils. Thinking after Kovalchuk retires I might follow suit and start over with a new team.

I want a challenge, any teams (with current day rosters) that are fun to rebuild? I want to take a garbage organization and make it a contender.

Columbus?

Chessarmy is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 01:20 AM
  #702
nathan77
Registered User
 
nathan77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Weird. Never encountered anything like that.

On another note, I have a textfile where I write down attributes of guys I know are about to retire (so I can keep track of when their regens should appear so I can see if they'll be good again) and I had an older file along with it where I made notes for personal tactics. I know for a fact I did not make this up, I assume I found this on EHM the blue line a while back but this may be useful for those who use personal tactics (feel free to correct anything that might seem wrong):


sorry wordup I thought u had a life outside of fantasy league hockey, but that's where I failed miserably..... as far as the suggestion, as I said in my post... I didn't download my copies, so I am not sure how contacting the "elicense" department would remedy my situation whatsoever!?!?!?! worry about ur own problems.... thanks.

nathan77 is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 10:19 AM
  #703
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan77 View Post
I didn't download my copies, so I am not sure how contacting the "elicense" department would remedy my situation whatsoever!?!?!?! worry about ur own problems.... thanks.
It's my understanding that only a few copies were manufactured on disc in Sweden and almost exclusively those were given out to people who did research for the game. 99.9% of the sales for EHM were done as a download only product.

If you were one of the few that had those discs, I'm guessing you're out of luck and you'll need to purchase a license. If not, like I said, you can contact elicense with your information and they should be able to help you with your license. Sharing keys isn't allowed under the terms and conditions of the product license and doing so would constitute piracy, the solicitation of which is against the rules of these boards.

IMO, you're better off just sacking up and buying a new license.


Last edited by Richie Daggers Crime: 11-25-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Richie Daggers Crime is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 12:11 PM
  #704
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,879
vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
On year 10 with my Devils. Thinking after Kovalchuk retires I might follow suit and start over with a new team.

I want a challenge, any teams (with current day rosters) that are fun to rebuild? I want to take a garbage organization and make it a contender.

Columbus?
Columbus or Calgary I'd say.

18Hossa is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:09 AM
  #705
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party
 
Chessarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,464
vCash: 500
FML, Adam Larsson wants a "new challenge" and I just traded for Victor Hedman to play with him on the first pairing!!

He still has 3 years left on his contract, does this "new challenge" thing ever go away or is he guaranteed to walk and play like complete garbage along the way? Man I hate it when this happens

Chessarmy is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 02:23 AM
  #706
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
FML, Adam Larsson wants a "new challenge" and I just traded for Victor Hedman to play with him on the first pairing!!

He still has 3 years left on his contract, does this "new challenge" thing ever go away or is he guaranteed to walk and play like complete garbage along the way? Man I hate it when this happens
don't worry. after few months it will be ok. I never looked to this.

alko is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:53 AM
  #707
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,377
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
don't worry. after few months it will be ok. I never looked to this.
I'm still waiting for my former Selke-winning 3rd line C to get to UFA (he's turning 27) after he requested to be traded out of nowhere... not sure why he all of a sudden wanted out but I traded him.

Still trying to get my Iginla regen to sign a big longterm contract. I'm even offering an AAV of $3.5 mil/yr... he's only 21 and this is his 2nd contract. He wants a 2 year deal at $2.1 mil/yr, which is pretty good except for I know he'll score 100+ points in both of those then want to cash in.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
11-29-2012, 12:22 AM
  #708
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK
 
Wongchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La belle Province
Country: Canada
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Hey guys !

I would like to know what to do / download in order to get these details from staffs.



Thank you.

Wongchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 03:34 AM
  #709
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 500
That's only for owners/chairmen.

Vikke is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:39 AM
  #710
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,943
vCash: 166
http://z13.invisionfree.com/UHL2012/index.php?act=idx


New sim league opening up! Save file is almost done. Sign-up now! 29 teams still there!

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:54 PM
  #711
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Where can I get the latest UUDB ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:38 PM
  #712
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,377
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Where can I get the latest UUDB ?
The link I posted a few pages back of my custom DB is an unfaked DB that has most of the draft classes up to 2012 and then I added in quite a few prominent 2013 eligible players. Not 100% but you can try that if you want.

EHM The Blue Line probably has the most recent UUDB though.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:54 PM
  #713
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 500
How good are the CHL updated in those? Rosters, attributes etc? CHL = Major junior, not the Central.

Vikke is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:20 PM
  #714
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,377
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
How good are the CHL updated in those? Rosters, attributes etc? CHL = Major junior, not the Central.
I don't know, you'd have to check it out yourself. I sort of only follow the "major name" prospects myself, so like the 2013s only have the high profile guys plus I've added in guys like Scheifele and Galchenyuk since I have vested interest in them

I'd say they're usually pretty decent, with the UUDB it's hard to nail which teams the kids are on since it's before they get drafted in the CHL for a lot of the younger ones but a lot of kids are there.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:59 PM
  #715
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK
 
Wongchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La belle Province
Country: Canada
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
In my AHL team I miss players to fill my line up (I only have 10ish guys). A lot of them are veteran and some rookies so I can't dress up a complete roster. Anyone have tips about this (where to spot AHL player, etc.)

Thank you.

Wongchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
  #716
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,172
vCash: 500
Do you control your AHL team? If so, sign some guys. Use the player search.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 05:58 AM
  #717
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!
 
Mike Farkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
To further that, even if you don't control your AHL team specifically - search for young guys - undrafted juniors, for instance, that don't have 320 (?) professional games played (thus counting towards the veteran maximum) give them so league minimum, two-way deals and send them down.

If you don't have a full AHL roster, I can't imagine you're near the 50 contract maximum.

Mike Farkas is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:43 AM
  #718
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,377
vCash: 50
I have a feeling he means he just controls an AHL team and not an NHL team as well... If so, yeah you gotta just find some FA that are decent and young that don't hit the veteran max... or just simply play with the small roster (not ideal).

I've been playing the last week with the 2012/2013 Lidas rosters GMing the Remparts. Kucherov was playing decently but I had to trade him so I could play Grigs and Sorrensen more. We started off okay but have rocketed up to 1st place after setting up some nice win streaks. I think I'm in February so hopefully we can mantain it until the playoffs.

Got a bit detached from my mainfile so I'm taking a break. I've also been playing NHL 13 the last little while doing a new BaP.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:12 PM
  #719
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Just started a sim with my friends... Gunna play as Sherbooke... Should be a blast haha...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 10:03 PM
  #720
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK
 
Wongchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La belle Province
Country: Canada
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Yeah to answer to your question, I do control both NHL and AHL teams. But I always left off my AHL team's management in order to focus on my NHL team. But thanks for the tips guys.

Wongchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:43 AM
  #721
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!
 
Mike Farkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Defensive team promoted to Elitserien

After making it to the promotional playoffs last year (or relegation playouts if you're an Elitserien team) but falling short, I re-tooled a little bit and put together a decent defensive squad on the cheap (budget ~$500,000 in a league where some teams can spend $200K, $250K, even $300K on individual players!) and was awarded with a promotion to Sweden's top league!

The goalies:

Modig: Is top-3 in the league attribute-wise more or less. So he's quality.
Steen: Graduated from the junior system and despite far worse attributes, held right with Modig - and unfortunately, Steen gave up two late goals in the last game of the regular season or their numbers would look very close.



Near the halfway point of the season...




And after the season finale...




For those that don't know. Just briefly, in the Elitserien (top Swedish league) the worst two teams play the best four teams from HockeyAllsvenskan (second tier Swedish league) in a 10-game, basically, round-robin tournament. The two best teams go (or remain) to the Elitserien, the remaining four are subjected (back) to the second-tier league.

Modig started out 3-0-2 through 5 games with 0.97 GAA and .960 save pct. but hit some bumps after that and finished with pretty similar numbers to the regular season when the 10 games were finished. I think a 1.56 GAA and 0.931 save pct. or something along those lines. Good enough to earn promotion (not easy with limited funds and the inability to make moves during the regular season). Additionally, in the 10 games against quality competition, we had a 100% penalty kill.

This is one of my bigger defensive successes on a large rink. Normally, I don't quite do as well on these big rinks.

One other interesting fact from the season. My second line center had 29 assists and 36 points (despite only having an "8" for passing - low, even for this league)...the assists put him 2nd in the entire league and not a single point came on the power play or shorthanded.

Anyhow, back to your regular scheduled offense...


Last edited by Mike Farkas: 12-05-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Mike Farkas is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 10:15 AM
  #722
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,377
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
For those that don't know. Just briefly, in the Elitserien (top Swedish league) the worst two teams play the best four teams from HockeyAllsvenskan (second tier Swedish league) in a 10-game, basically, round-robin tournament. The two best teams go (or remain) to the Elitserien, the remaining four are subjected (back) to the second-tier league.

Anyhow, back to your regular scheduled offense...
I've never actually gone to the SEL, does EHM actually have all of that programmed in that teams can go up/down a league? If so, that's sweet and I may have to check that out. On my mainfile I want to go back to juniors, but checking out the SEL and RSL are definitely in my future before going back to the NHL.

at the last line.

In my Quebec Ramparts file, Grigorenko is leading the league in scoring, despite playing 5 less games than 2nd place (who was leading for a while and keeps challenging Grigs).

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
12-05-2012, 03:06 PM
  #723
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I've never actually gone to the SEL, does EHM actually have all of that programmed in that teams can go up/down a league? If so, that's sweet and I may have to check that out. On my mainfile I want to go back to juniors, but checking out the SEL and RSL are definitely in my future before going back to the NHL.

at the last line.

In my Quebec Ramparts file, Grigorenko is leading the league in scoring, despite playing 5 less games than 2nd place (who was leading for a while and keeps challenging Grigs).
Yup, you can get promoted. Same in Finland.

Vikke is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 04:04 PM
  #724
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!
 
Mike Farkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yup, you can get promoted. Same in Finland.
As I understand it, Vikke. Finland has 3 tiers in the game (SM-Liiga, Mestis and forget what the third level is called...Suomi Division?) and you can play all of them. When I start unemplyed, tier-3 Finland is where I start. Breaking the bank on a $9,000 per year superstar because he has some 10's and 11's in his technical ability column.

For Sweden, it's only Elitserien and Allsvenskan, right? What happens if you're the GM of an Allsvenskan team and you get relegated? Does the game break? Do you automatically get fired? Any idea?

It just dawned on me because in the file that I have, Rogle of all teams, was in the relegation playoffs of the Allsvenskan. Obviously, they creamed their competition...but what I wonder what happens if you get dropped to "Division 1"?

@above: If you're used to the North American way (which I was) of trades, drafting, certain attribute levels, long seasons with dense scheduling, you're in for quite a surprise. It's a good deal of adjustment but also a good challenge. Like I always say, I know how to make a "super team" in the NHL and run firewagon offenses and all that...I don't know how to make a peerless defensive squad in tier-2 Sweden with only a handful of players I'm familar with, with rules I'm not familiar with and with an NHL League Minimum Salary's worth of money to build a 22-man roster PLUS all of my 15-20 year old prospects that I must go out and find myself and sign and maintain on my J20 and J18 teams...

Quite a different experience indeed. There's too much in the game that you can challenge yourself to do to allow it to get stale...

Mike Farkas is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:58 PM
  #725
RO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Courtenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
As I understand it, Vikke. Finland has 3 tiers in the game (SM-Liiga, Mestis and forget what the third level is called...Suomi Division?) and you can play all of them. When I start unemplyed, tier-3 Finland is where I start. Breaking the bank on a $9,000 per year superstar because he has some 10's and 11's in his technical ability column.

For Sweden, it's only Elitserien and Allsvenskan, right? What happens if you're the GM of an Allsvenskan team and you get relegated? Does the game break? Do you automatically get fired? Any idea?

It just dawned on me because in the file that I have, Rogle of all teams, was in the relegation playoffs of the Allsvenskan. Obviously, they creamed their competition...but what I wonder what happens if you get dropped to "Division 1"?

@above: If you're used to the North American way (which I was) of trades, drafting, certain attribute levels, long seasons with dense scheduling, you're in for quite a surprise. It's a good deal of adjustment but also a good challenge. Like I always say, I know how to make a "super team" in the NHL and run firewagon offenses and all that...I don't know how to make a peerless defensive squad in tier-2 Sweden with only a handful of players I'm familar with, with rules I'm not familiar with and with an NHL League Minimum Salary's worth of money to build a 22-man roster PLUS all of my 15-20 year old prospects that I must go out and find myself and sign and maintain on my J20 and J18 teams...

Quite a different experience indeed. There's too much in the game that you can challenge yourself to do to allow it to get stale...
Yeah I haven never seen someone do so good in the Euro leagues, especially while limiting themselves, great job.

When it comes to defences in the NHL I dont get into the tactics so I have never made a team play defensive but most of my teams become top flight defences. OfI used to play freeware, where defence(hitting especially) trumped all so I have always been in the mindset of acquiring defensive talent. Of course there is no substitute for having a top flight goalie.

RO8 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.