HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #13 - Bears fall to 8-6

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 04:29 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I think that we, as a board, can agree on one thing.

This is all Stan Bowman's fault.... somehow
: "Dad! DAD!!!!! Someone on the internet is picking on me again!"

: "God dammit Stan, give me a minute, I'm brewing some espresso for your bah bah"

Old
12-05-2012, 04:50 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
neither Wright not conte have solidified a safety position. they do their jobs against the bad teams but irc both have gotten exposed against each good team we've played this year

Old
12-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
neither Wright not conte have solidified a safety position. they do their jobs against the bad teams but irc both have gotten exposed against each good team we've played this year
Which team was that? Outside of San Fran, I can't think of another game.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:54 PM
digdug41982

Conte and Wright are fine, they better not draft another ****ing safety this year, not even in the 7th round.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Conte and Wright are fine, they better not draft another ****ing safety this year, not even in the 7th round.
A lot of those picks in late rounds are special teams picks. They aren't expected to ever play as most picks in those rounds don't usually make a teams roster.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I think that we, as a board, can agree on one thing.

This is all Stan Bowman's fault.... somehow
Your newsletter, sir. Where can I subscribe to it?

Old
12-05-2012, 06:21 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Honestly ,, Bring back Rex

We know what he brings and as a cheap 1 yr (or 2 yr) backup option the Bears wont be in bad shape
What did you just say?!?!

Old
12-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Honestly ,, Bring back Rex

We know what he brings and as a cheap 1 yr (or 2 yr) backup option the Bears wont be in bad shape
"Rex Grossman is our backup Quarterback" - Lovie Smith

Old
12-05-2012, 07:22 PM
digdug41982

No. I'd rather bring back Wuerffel.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:12 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
No. I'd rather bring back Wuerffel.
Same thing

Really, it is.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
DJ Moore will be gone after this season.
still not sure about this. Depends on what he wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
The Bears have 13m in cap space for next year, and they still have to pay Melton, Urlacher (or another MLB), a backup QB, the draft class, and they have zero guards for next year.
not sure yet about this... we all don't know.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
still not sure about this. Depends on what he wants

No, it won't. Lovie hates him and has deactivated him for the last several weeks. You don't listen to Chicago sports radio but its clear his demotion is not performance based.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
digdug41982

Yup, Illini is right. Moore trashed Cutler and insulted Lovie when they met about it. He won't play unless the Bears have no choice.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:54 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Which team was that? Outside of San Fran, I can't think of another game.
They looked like **** against seattle and gb too. Wright especially vs the seahawks. I guess neither looked bad against the texans, but that was a messy game and danieal manning stood out for the texans.

Quote:
I agree they shouldn't draft another safety, but only because I have 0 faith in this coaching staff to effectively evaluate or develop one. Maybe now that we are on the cusp of rebuilding, emery can force out some of these guys lovie has put in place and possibly even change the direction of the team.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
They looked like **** against seattle and gb too. Wright especially vs the seahawks. I guess neither looked bad against the texans, but that was a messy game and danieal manning stood out for the texans.
Thanks for confirming you don't watch the games. The defense gave up one touchdown against the Packers and that wasn't until the 4th quarter. Rodgers went for 219, 1 TD and 1 INT. Thats the safeties looking bad?

And against Seattle, Conte didn't play so how can you say Conte and Wright looked bad? The problem in the Seattle game was the front 7 not getting any pass rush and not being able to stop Wilson when he scrambled.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

The safeties are probably the only aspect of the D that don't deserve blame for the Seattle game.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:01 PM
madgoat33

wright missed like 4 tackles in the sea game and dropped an easy pick that would have gone a long ways towards sealing the game. and conte didn't do anything, but steltz go a fair amount of playing time

as for not watching the games, excuse me while i laugh in your face. i accurately pegged this team from jumpstreet. and how on earth does the overall stats of the d reflect the play of the safeties? were you the same guy arguing that Manning was playing bad because the Texans d was getting torched?

Old
12-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
wright missed like 4 tackles in the sea game and dropped an easy pick that would have gone a long ways towards sealing the game. and conte didn't do anything, but steltz go a fair amount of playing time

as for not watching the games, excuse me while i laugh in your face. i accurately pegged this team from jumpstreet. and how on earth does the overall stats of the d reflect the play of the safeties? were you the same guy arguing that Manning was playing bad because the Texans d was getting torched?
Conte was sick and went out of the game on the first drive. I can only remember Wright missing one tackle and that was on the last TD when he tried to rip the ball out. Wright's biggest mistake was dropping that INT, but that happens...just happened to him at a very inopportune time.

You said the safeties were bad against Green Bay, don't try to change your argument now. You were wrong, flat out wrong. The safeties have been fine this year and have been really good the last 2 years when Wright and Conte have played together. Are they the top group in the league? No, but they are not a problem as I first posited.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:10 PM
madgoat33

I'm not changing the argument at all...you are looking at the final stats for an eleven man unit and claiming that one part of it must have played well. and safety isn't a problem, but conte and Wright are just guys. is not like either is irreplaceable, or would even be very hard to upgrade.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I'm not changing the argument at all...you are looking at the final stats for an eleven man unit and claiming that one part of it must have played well. and safety isn't a problem, but conte and Wright are just guys. is not like either is irreplaceable, or would even be very hard to upgrade.
I agree they are replaceable, but its not as easy as you might think. The Bears spent 8 years looking to find a safety combination after Mike Brown washed out and Chris Harris was traded. Conte and Wright have solidified the position. They are both young and good, not great, safeties. They can be replaced but its not as easy as you think. Lions fans would kill to have the Bears safeties right now.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
I agree they are replaceable, but its not as easy as you might think. The Bears spent 8 years looking to find a safety combination after Mike Brown washed out and Chris Harris was traded. Conte and Wright have solidified the position. They are both young and good, not great, safeties. They can be replaced but its not as easy as you think. Lions fans would kill to have the Bears safeties right now.
Manning and Harris was solid for Bears

Then Bears refused to pay Manning and the Bears coaches again trying to find way to get Harris off field ended that

Old
12-06-2012, 03:26 PM
madgoat33

id probably take delmas over either. and again, neither are good in my eyes. they are basically just two average players.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Manning and Harris was solid for Bears

Then Bears refused to pay Manning and the Bears coaches again trying to find way to get Harris off field ended that
Manning was ok. People blamed him for the Bears losing the Super Bowl when he decided not to cover Reggie Wayne. Manning had 7 interceptions in 77 games for the Bears. Thats not enough for your free safety. Major Wright has 6 in 35 games.

I liked Chris Harris but he wasn't good enough in pass coverage. He's great at stopping the run but he couldn't cover enough ground in the secondary.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
id probably take delmas over either. and again, neither are good in my eyes. they are basically just two average players.
Delmas has 3 INT's and 2 forced fumbles in his career (46 games), Major Wright has 3 INT's and 1 forced fumble this season.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Manning was ok. People blamed him for the Bears losing the Super Bowl when he decided not to cover Reggie Wayne. Manning had 7 interceptions in 77 games for the Bears. Thats not enough for your free safety. Major Wright has 6 in 35 games.

I liked Chris Harris but he wasn't good enough in pass coverage. He's great at stopping the run but he couldn't cover enough ground in the secondary.
Manning can tackle ,, Unlike Wright who misses half the time

Also Manning is much better vs Run then anyone we have on roster at safety currently

And our current safeties are good in coverage? Harris was better and was less likely to be in wrong place at wrong time

As for Manning in SB ,, He was rookie and is far down on list of who to blame for SB loss (Rex and Turner #1 and #2)

Simple reality is that Bears organization refused to pay Manning when he finally developed into S they wanted (Foolish) and the coaches never liked Harris

Remember it was Lovie who wanted Adam Archuleta playing safety for Bears

Closed Thread