HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 Canada 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 04:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I know for a fact that the Wild won't recall Matt Dumba.. They prefer not to rush their prospects...

Binnington for backup !

Old
12-05-2012, 04:15 PM
canucksPK

I truly hope the NHL season starts so that some of the draft eligibles get a chance to shine for Canada at the world juniors. I really believe our offense could be lead by Drouin/Mackinnon, + I want to see Monahan get some ice time in all aspects.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Torts

it would end up like this, as soon as selection camp gets announced the NHL gets their **** together. let em play and experience high pressure situation then call em up.

pleeeeeeaaaasssseeeee

Old
12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Snippit

First time I've ever done this. Here are my lines if the lockout is still going on:

Subban (Starter)
Binnington (BU)
Brossoit

Hamilton-Rielly
Ouellet-Harrington
Dumba-Murphy
Reinhart

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Mackinnon-Strome-Rattie
Monohan-Jenner-Hudon
Ritchie-Danault-Wilson

Ceci should have been invited. I would have taken him over Dumba.

REALLY disappointed Seth Griffith didn't get an invite. 50 points, good for 2nd in the OHL. His defensive play is weak, but as a pure sniper, I would have taken him over Rattie.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
REALLY disappointed Seth Griffith didn't get an invite. 50 points, good for 2nd in the OHL. His defensive play is weak, but as a pure sniper, I would have taken him over Rattie.
Rattie was one of the stand outs during the summer challenge. 3g2a in 4 games. He was easily the best forward for WHL in the SSS. To me, he's as much, if not more of a lock than the returning players.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Macman

Quote:
First time I've ever done this. Here are my lines if the lockout is still going on:

Subban (Starter)
Binnington (BU)
Brossoit

Hamilton-Rielly
Ouellet-Harrington
Dumba-Murphy
Reinhart

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Mackinnon-Strome-Rattie
Monohan-Jenner-Hudon
Ritchie-Danault-Wilson

Who's your 13th forward?

Old
12-05-2012, 05:27 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

lockout or no lockout Canada should be favourites for gold, of course without the lockout it will be less of an overkill win

Old
12-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Macman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
lockout or no lockout Canada should be favourites for gold, of course without the lockout it will be less of an overkill win
Not a chance. Canada will have a tough time scoring if it loses the players it probably will lose.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:31 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
Not a chance. Canada will have a tough time scoring if it loses the players it probably will lose.
Can you justify your reasoning? sure it would be nice to have RNH or huberdeau but this team will survive without them... there is ample skaters for every position

Old
12-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Snippit

McNeill or Camara would be my 13th forward.

Guys, if the NHL comes back into play, can Canada add invites to Selection Camp?

Old
12-05-2012, 05:36 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

Subban (Starter)
Binnington (BU)
Brossoit

Hamilton-Rielly
Ouellet-Harrington
Dumba-Murphy
Reinhart

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Mackinnon-Strome-Rattie
Monohan-Jenner-Hudon
Ritchie-Danault-Wilson

Someone doesn't watch enough WHL.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Macman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
Can you justify your reasoning? sure it would be nice to have RNH or huberdeau but this team will survive without them... there is ample skaters for every position
They'll also lose Strome, Schiefele and maybe even Rattie. Who's going to score with your top two lines gone? MacKinnon would be the No. 1 centre if that happens. He's good but not ready at 17 to carry the load. Subban would have to stand on his head for Canada to win with those guys gone.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Macman

Quote:
McNeill or Camara would be my 13th forward.

Guys, if the NHL comes back into play, can Canada add invites to Selection Camp?
I suppose they could but keep in mind that Hockey Canada was originally only going to bring 28 players to camp because of the summer series. In the end they brought 37 or 38 because of the possibility of the lockout ending. That suggests a non-lockout team will come from only those named to camp.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:50 PM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Wayyy too many players ahead of him.
He's pretty much a lock lol

Old
12-05-2012, 05:51 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
They'll also lose Strome, Schiefele and maybe even Rattie. Who's going to score with your top two lines gone? MacKinnon would be the No. 1 centre if that happens. He's good but not ready at 17 to carry the load. Subban would have to stand on his head for Canada to win with those guys gone.
There is a lot of goal scoring depth, many other secondary scorers on a lockout team would have the chance to step up and be primary contributors. Mix that in with a lot of offense running through the defensive and they will be just fine, not as dynamic or flashy but will get the job done.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:08 PM
leafsfuture

Quote:
I suppose they could but keep in mind that Hockey Canada was originally only going to bring 28 players to camp because of the summer series. In the end they brought 37 or 38 because of the possibility of the lockout ending. That suggests a non-lockout team will come from only those named to camp.
I generally agree, but lets go out on the limb here and say the NHL signs a deal this weekend, and training camps start next week. In that case, Canada maybe loses 5 - 8 guys, including for sure: RNH, Huberdeau, Strome, Scheifele (though I believe the latter 2 arent ready full-time).

Thats some major skill you lose, and no offence, but guys like Camara and McNeil cannot be relied upon for the offence needed from top 6 guys that a Griffith or a Puempel could provide

Old
12-05-2012, 06:13 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
A kid like Griffith has to get a call to camp if there is NHL. I really believe he wasn't invited because there was thought to be no room in the top six, if that changes you need to give someone with his skill a chance. The camp roster looks to me like they had their top six practically set and took an abundance of gritty, two way guys to see who was best to fill out the bottom six. Would need to call in some skill to try and replace the huge hole left by RNH/Scheifele/Strome/Huberdeau.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:18 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Who, on paper has a better team than Canada even if there's a lockout? Yes it's a huge offensive blow and a significant defensive loss of Hamilton, but Canada still has great depth and can find kids who can really play. And Subban is Subban, for the first time in a while Canada can hope for the goalie to win a game, not prey they don't lose a game.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 12-05-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Snippit

Russia could take a non-lockout Canadian team, since they keep most of their NHL-calibre talent.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:24 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
A kid like Griffith has to get a call to camp if there is NHL. I really believe he wasn't invited because there was thought to be no room in the top six, if that changes you need to give someone with his skill a chance. The camp roster looks to me like they had their top six practically set and took an abundance of gritty, two way guys to see who was best to fill out the bottom six. Would need to call in some skill to try and replace the huge hole left by RNH/Scheifele/Strome/Huberdeau.
I will try to get a link, I don't know how credible this is but, dany dube a sports figure in montreal estimates that the season starts on 27 dec and training camp dec 20.
If that's the case than what happens? Team Canada leaves to Europe on dec 16 17 18???
This is going to be complicated.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:26 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Russia could take a non-lockout Canadian team, since they keep most of their NHL-calibre talent.
Yakupov is the only NHL-calibre talent they have though. A non-lockout Canadian team can very easily be beat, a lockout team could be beat too, I just don't think we should write them off from winning goal if the lockout ends. On paper, still have as much talent as anybody.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:10 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Yakupov is the only NHL-calibre talent they have though. A non-lockout Canadian team can very easily be beat, a lockout team could be beat too, I just don't think we should write them off from winning goal if the lockout ends. On paper, still have as much talent as anybody.
I agree.

I will be disappointed because I would have loved to see this team play together and gel. I can't believe I am rooting against the lockout ending.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:13 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

In the same way people were underestimating the Russians as little as 5 years ago, they are overestimating them now. In recent years, Russia has been outplayed in a lot of games only to get all the lucky bounces. Things always even out. Don't be too overly impressed with Team Russia.

A non lockout team Canada will do just fine.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
In the same way people were underestimating the Russians as little as 5 years ago, they are overestimating them now. In recent years, Russia has been outplayed in a lot of games only to get all the lucky bounces. Things always even out. Don't be too overly impressed with Team Russia.

Just like Canada had many bounces go our way or have had some clutch guys like Eberle. Kuvnetsov and Tarasenko have been game changers for the Russians over their latest surge.

I still hope to see a classic Canada Russia gold medal game. Sweden losing Zibinajed, Klefbom and Brodin hurts their chances greatly. USA has top end talent, but after Jones and Trouba on defense, they fall off. Same on forward. After the first line, they lack depth. With Jones and Galchenyuk injured last year, they were in the relegation round. I'm not sure why some people see USA as a legitimate threat. At best, they are fighting for the 4/5 spot with Finland.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:32 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post

On big ice/ their ice the pressure will be on but the advantage is theirs. All 12 of their forwards have skill too not really pure grinders like some NA teams bring.

Closed Thread