HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 01:54 AM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Just remind them of the National Title the Wildcats won in Baseball last season.
Then watch them bring up when they won the College World Series back in like 1872.

Old
11-24-2012, 03:19 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Well 35 points off turnovers gets you the New Mexico bowl or I heard the Independence bowl was here if the Pac has too many bowl teams....ok for year one but I really wanted Navy in San Fran

Old
11-24-2012, 04:25 AM
awfulwaffle

UofA sucks, good night.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:43 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
UofA sucks, good night.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:10 AM
awfulwaffle

Again with the baseball picture in the year where ASU was suspended from going to the playoffs, and a basketball picture, we get it, you have been better at basketball than us for quite some time.

What about softball?

Old
11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
awfulwaffle

Suns have "guarantee to have fun night or your money back" against the Mavs next Thursday. Seriously, Sarver, just sell the team and move to Hawaii or something.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Just about to post on that, I dont know how you can do that because specifics are not mentioned. Obviously if they dont win then the issues breakout. I know the Rattlers did that like 4 years ago but it was basic; playoffs or your money back. This promotion seems like it would do more harm than good; basically saying we are terrible.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Cardinals can't even beat the Jets. LOL

Old
12-02-2012, 09:56 PM
goyotes

Arizona State ACHA club hockey team beat the NCAA Division 1 hockey team from Penn State 3 - 1 Saturday night, to split the series 1 - 1.

Nice job Sun Devils!

Old
12-03-2012, 12:33 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Cardinals can't even beat the Jets. LOL
I would fire Wiz tomorrow and promote Horton, sign him to a new deal. He's the only guy worth keeping. Graves has to go too but that will come once you have an idea of who should replace him. Trade Fitz, hope you get one of the big OTs in the draft (maybe the hometown Michigan kid) and start fishing for a competent QB. Alex Smith may end up being available.

Quote:
The statistics from the Cardinals offensive “effort” on Sunday are either numbing, hypnotic or infuriating, depending upon the level of devotion of those still paying attention to the team.

Five first downs, tying a record for fewest in franchise history. Only 137 total yards. Zero for 15 on third-down conversion attempts.
Pathetic.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:43 AM
awfulwaffle

I was mainly watching the Dolphins/Patriots game, but when I would flip over to the Cardinals/Jets game, their QB(Can't even remember his name) was nowhere near any of his receivers, the kid from San Diego State.

I mean, Sanchize threw 3 interceptions, they missed 2 field goals, and you couldn't win?! That's usually a key to success in a game is creating 3 turnovers.

What happened to this team, going from 4-0 to losing 8 straight, and not watching a lot of their games, except the Dolphin game that you should have lost, they haven't impressed me.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
What happened to this team, going from 4-0 to losing 8 straight, and not watching a lot of their games, except the Dolphin game that you should have lost, they haven't impressed me.
So you're saying a team thats 4 and 8 in a 16 game schedule hasn't impressed you? I'm shocked.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

College bowl games

GILDAN NEW MEXICO BOWL

Nevada vs Arizona on December 15th @ University Stadium (New Mexico) Albuquerque, NM

KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER BOWL

Navy vs ASU on December 29th @ AT&T Park San Francisco, CA

Old
12-05-2012, 06:41 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
So you're saying a team thats 4 and 8 in a 16 game schedule hasn't impressed you? I'm shocked.
And what was everyone saying after this team was 4-0? That they were contender for best team in the league possibly. Give me a break.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:04 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 50
Quote:
And what was everyone saying after this team was 4-0? That they were contender for best team in the league possibly. Give me a break.
Most of us didn't realize how shallow the talent pool for the Cards is and the number of injuries. Beanie is a bust, too often on the injury report.

Not often do teams replace HoF Qbs (Warner). Who has stepped in to take Marino's place? Sometimes it takes a loooonnnggg while.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Being injured all of the time doesn't make Beanie a bust. It just means he's meeting expectations. There was a reason he fell to the Cardinals in the draft. He's fitting his pre-draft scouting report PERFECTLY. We got EXACTLY the player we drafted.

I say "we" but I don't care about the Cards, at all. I can't even care about the DBacks. The Suns? Pffft... I've honestly come to a point where I like the NHL, the CHL, D1 hockey and no other sports of any kind. Never thought it'd get to this point.

12-05-2012, 08:19 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Most of us didn't realize how shallow the talent pool for the Cards is and the number of injuries. Beanie is a bust, too often on the injury report.

Not often do teams replace HoF Qbs (Warner). Who has stepped in to take Marino's place? Sometimes it takes a loooonnnggg while.
Nobody has stepped in to take Marino's place. We still won the AFC East under Pennington a while back. We have had more Quarterbacks over the years than we have had years itself since Marino was done.

But then again, how long as Warner here? Marino was a product of Miami and stuck with them to the end. Who was the last QB that stuck through with the Cardinals?

To be honest though, the Cardinals need to worry about their offensive line before they worry about their QB. There are only a select few QB's that could handle the pressure that is handed down on the Cardinals every week. Offensive line can't block for anything.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:26 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Being injured all of the time doesn't make Beanie a bust. It just means he's meeting expectations. There was a reason he fell to the Cardinals in the draft. He's fitting his pre-draft scouting report PERFECTLY. We got EXACTLY the player we drafted.

I say "we" but I don't care about the Cards, at all. I can't even care about the DBacks. The Suns? Pffft... I've honestly come to a point where I like the NHL, the CHL, D1 hockey and no other sports of any kind. Never thought it'd get to this point.
I still root for the Dbacks/Suns, but it's very very hard. The reason I don't like the Cardinals is because of the Bidwells. I understand they were promised certain things when bringing a team to Arizona, but those weren't given, but they still didn't invest in the team and put a winner on the field.

Since Sarver has taken over the Suns, I've had more enjoyment out of trolling the Suns on Twitter than I have following the team. Just the other night I tweeted about how the Suns would try to hype the game against the Grizzlies. They did better than I expected, but they still lost. As soon as Nash left, the Suns have 0 advertisement and push to get people to the games.

The Diamondbacks, I can't complain too much. Gibson has changed the culture in the locker room, and these guys feel they can win. I mean hell,eth we have one of the best catchers in the league in Montero. That's one of the positions that's so hard to fill both defensively and offensively, but we have been able to. Hernandez and Putz in the bullpen are amazing. We have a great setup and finisher. I'm glad we got rid of Chris Young, very inconsistent. I will miss Drew, but he wasn't performing. He has one of the best baseball swings I have seen though. Just wasn't the same after his injury.

Diamondbacks I can respect and want to follow a lot more because we have great scouts, great management, even in the down years. Our prospects are very good, and it's just going to take time to see that.

As happy as I am for 2001, I'd much rather grow up seeing it in time, our prospects coming up, and us winning a world series through players we brought in by draft/trade and grew in our own system.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:05 AM
moosemeister

My rams take credit for the cardinals downward spiral.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
My rams take credit for the cardinals downward spiral.
The past and present issues with the Cardinals have led to this spiral and not so much losing to this one team.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

http://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/stat...76583465353216

Quote:
As @Gambo620 reported, brandon mccarthy has dbacks deal

Old
12-07-2012, 05:42 PM
doaner

Uhhh who?

Old
12-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Uhhh who?

I question paying him $7.25 a year after that injury.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...cording-source

Quote:
Arizona Cardinals defensive end Darnell Dockett has been fined a "six-figures" amount for an on-field incident in which he allegedly spit at teammate Kerry Rhodes, a source told ESPN.

Sources told ESPN that Dockett is appealing the fine. Rhodes denied that Dockett spit, and Dockett has since apologized.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:12 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Now, is the team the one with the fine or is the league? The wording on the AZ republic article makes it seem like the Cardinals organization is the one doing it. I'm not sure fining one of your best defensive players 6 figures in the middle of a losing streak is smart, I'll put it that way.

Closed Thread