HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Assuming the lockout actually ends, who makes the Defensive core?

Old
12-05-2012, 07:20 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
Assuming the lockout actually ends, who makes the Defensive core?

@DougMaclean: Counter now from NHL. Both sides working to get done by friday.

Most assume Hamilton, but perhaps it'll be Krug? Or a surprise from the other ahl boys like warsofsky and Bart

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:22 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
I dunno, but Hamilton isn't in NHL 13, so I've been forced to rely on Mottau and Bartkowski. It hasn't been pretty.

smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid
Johnson/Krug?

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Trap Jesus

I'm not really sure how a shortened season would affect Hamilton's chances at making the team. On one hand, he's got a step up from playing hockey all year when some players haven't, and he won't have to deal with a full NHL slate his first year, but on the other hand, each game means more now in a shortened season, so it would be a big risk for a contender to rely on a rookie with no chemistry with anyone else on the team. He'll have to adjust really quickly.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:36 PM
nycbruins*

Krug is looking like he needs a lot of work. Even on providence's light blueline, he's not my 1st or 2nd choice for a spot. The bruins protected a.j. from waivers so i think they have plans for him. Not crazy about his decision to stay idle for the lockout, though. All the kid d-men in provo need work. Hamilton's in & johnson & exelby fight for 7, imo.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:47 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
I dunno, but Hamilton isn't in NHL 13, so I've been forced to rely on Mottau and Bartkowski. It hasn't been pretty.
Hamilton is on his junior team in the game. You can just move him to the Bruins (I also bumped his stats a bit too)

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Lobster57
#nofreepasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I'm not really sure how a shortened season would affect Hamilton's chances at making the team. On one hand, he's got a step up from playing hockey all year when some players haven't, and he won't have to deal with a full NHL slate his first year, but on the other hand, each game means more now in a shortened season, so it would be a big risk for a contender to rely on a rookie with no chemistry with anyone else on the team. He'll have to adjust really quickly.
The flip side of him having been playing all year is that when the Bruins go deep into the playoffs he will have played a lot more games than most and may end up fatiguing while every one else in mid-season form. that said, i think he'll make the team and be just fine.

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:53 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

I assume they will slow play things with Hamilton. Depending on when they start, they probably let him play in the World juniors while they look at other options like Krug etc.

Then you get him his 9 games in January, and make a decision then to keep him or send him down, and I suspect they keep him .

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Is Hamilton coming up if the season starts? I don't think so, CHL seasons are about 1/3 done . Way too late to start pulling players off their teams now. ??

I would say only as injury replacement. Too bad for the NHL.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:50 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
Is Hamilton coming up if the season starts? I don't think so, CHL seasons are about 1/3 done . Way too late to start pulling players off their teams now. ??

Doesn't matter

CHL already said they'd allow NHL eligible players a chance to make their draft squad

Old
12-06-2012, 08:20 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
The flip side of him having been playing all year is that when the Bruins go deep into the playoffs he will have played a lot more games than most and may end up fatiguing while every one else in mid-season form. that said, i think he'll make the team and be just fine.
Not worried about this at all, CJ is a master at insulating a player and making sure that player isn`t out there too much

Tell you who the most nervous is right now about a potential pre-Christmas start to the NHL, Bob Nicholson, a ton of high end talent "could" be attending NHL camps rather than compete in Russia for a WJHC

oh, and either Johnson or Exelby will be along for the ride with Dougie to make up the 7 defenseman

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Paddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post

I believe NHL teams had to submit a maximum of 2 prospects they have playing in the CHL. In the event of a resolution, those players would be allowed to attend NHL camps. Dougie was on the list, of course. Not sure if they had a second guy. Some teams didn't submit any names.

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:50 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Krug is looking like he needs a lot of work. Even on providence's light blueline, he's not my 1st or 2nd choice for a spot. The bruins protected a.j. from waivers so i think they have plans for him. Not crazy about his decision to stay idle for the lockout, though. All the kid d-men in provo need work. Hamilton's in & johnson & exelby fight for 7, imo.
X's time in the NHL is over IMO. Only an emergency, emergency call-up. Hopefully Johnson can fill the role ok as a #6/7 guy. I'd still like to see another D picked up along with that elusive 3rd line winger.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:51 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves here.

Wait til the official announcment that the lockout is over comes [if it ever does] and then we can talk about who's going to play D in Boston this season.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:57 AM
flannelman
quixotic fox!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post

Wait til the official announcment that the lockout is over comes [if it ever does] and then we can talk about who's going to play D in Boston this season.
disagree, beemer. the NHL may be idle but i'd rather read this bruins related thread than the OT threads.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:

Aw, c'mom. we're sick to death of lockout discussions.

Me, I welcome some actual hockey talk.

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:23 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:

I love ya bets, but no one said you had to be in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Aw, c'mom. we're sick to death of lockout discussions.

Me, I welcome some actual hockey talk.
This is why I made the thread

Old
12-06-2012, 10:30 AM
bp13

Hamilton better play for the Bruins. Not only does he gain little from more Juniors experience, but he's one of the best 6 dmen in the organization right now. We need him.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

This is an easy decision IMO. You immediately bring up Hamilton, put him next to Seidenberg on the second pairing, and if and when he has growing pains you replace him with Ference on defensive zone FOs. Play him on the PP in practice as much as possible and give him some shifts right away (because frankly, he comes immediately possessing the best offensive tool set of any of our other D men). You limit his ice time enough where he develops but shelter him as much as you can.

If he struggles right out of the gate, you have Krug to step in should Hamilton need to see some ice time from the pressbox.

Hamilton doesnt need any more time in Juniors, he needs to be around Chara, Bergeron and Thornton.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:03 AM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Bring back Kaberle.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:05 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

*Sigh*

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

I don't see Claude throwing Hamilton out there full time- we all saw how careful he was with Tyler Seguin. Look for the same thing unless someone gets hurt which is always a possibility. Maybe Claude will switch him & Krug off with Seids or Ference.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
X's time in the NHL is over IMO. Only an emergency, emergency call-up. Hopefully Johnson can fill the role ok as a #6/7 guy. I'd still like to see another D picked up along with that elusive 3rd line winger.
Agreed. Johnson and Hamilton split duties, while Krug and Bartkowski wait for their shot in Providence.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
flannelman
quixotic fox!

vCash: 50
Quote:
*Sigh*

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

I don't see Claude throwing Hamilton out there full time- we all saw how careful he was with Tyler Seguin. Look for the same thing unless someone gets hurt which is always a possibility. Maybe Claude will switch him & Krug off with Seids or Ference.
I agree with this one! He makes those players earn their time. From what I've seen, Hammy should get a solid shot/opportunity to play but like TVT said a few posts up, press box time is okay, too.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:24 PM
hooked

Got to wonder if they would want to lose a year of Hamilton's ELC on a short season?

hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

vCash: 1004
Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Boychuk
Ference-McQuaid
X - Bartkowski (Exelby when he's healthy)

Twisted Tales is online now   Reply With Quote