HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 3 foward, or a good 6, to the habs

Old
12-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You know who Mason Raymond is, right?
I was sarcastic

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Please tell me you are kidding. Please. Wow...what an extreme overpayment. Why not throw in Subban, Pacioretty, and Price to really even things out...
I think you underestimate Keith Yandle, he would be our #1 Dman and he's young, you have to give if u want something.

I think Plekanec, beaulieu ( a guy who will become another kind of kaberle at best, in my opinion) gallagher and Markov the old and frail dman, could be a fair deal.

If we get Yandle we don't have space in the lineup for markov anyway.

I know the habs fans don't want to give when they talk about trade, but i would like a comment from a yotes fan

Old
12-04-2012, 07:01 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I think you underestimate Keith Yandle, he would be our #1 Dman and he's young, you have to give if u want something.

I think Plekanec, beaulieu ( a guy who will become another kind of kaberle at best, in my opinion) gallagher and Markov the old and frail dman, could be a fair deal.

I know the habs fans don't want to give when they talk about trade, but i would like a comment from a yotes fan
Doesn't matter what the Coyotes think, there's not a chance the Habs would do it. It's an overpayment on our part that would hurt our prospect pool and wouldn't make us better for the coming year.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 07:11 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:

It's funny how most Yotes fans would be willing to trade Kejci for Yandle straight up, but not Plekanec. I agree that Krejci is better, but the margin between them is so thin that you can't ask for Beaulieu, Gallagher or Markov. Plus plekanec is more physical than Krejci and arguably better defensivly. Offensivly and skating wise, Krejci gets the nod, but like I said, the gap between the 2 players is almost nothing.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:23 PM
poetryinmotion

So many fallacies in this thread.. Please let hockey start soon.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

First, don't generalize. I am ALWAYS willing to give to get. I have been one of the few Habs' fans who has put together trade proposals with Hawks' fans that work around Plekanec and some prospects that fill our needs (as an example). I will "give to get" as long as it benefits BOTH teams.
Having said that, your offer is completely unbalanced. I love Yandle. He is an amazing player that we would be lucky to get. Coyotes' fans are lucky to have him, and should NOT give him up for less than an overpayment. The Habs, though, should NOT be the team to make the overpayment you just offered. You are giving up way too much value for a single aset. Plekanec alone can get us some of what we need in a deal, and as great as Yandle is, he is not what we need. Yandle would be a great asset for us to acquire, but the amount you are sacrificing to get him is crippling. Plekanec + for Yandle is something that could be palatable, but Montreal would be better served using Plekanec to get a top 6 young LW (Like Saad +, as an example) to develop with Pacioretty, DD and the other young guys on our team. Yandle is another PMD, and as good as he is, that is not what we need.

I will not get into an argument about how lopsided the deal is, because I do NOT want to get into an argument with Coyotes' fans that will end poorly. I will say that we are giving up way too much value in your proposal. There is no "fair" deal that could be offered, or even should be accepted, whereby the Habs get Yandle.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 06:14 PM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
Leafs would take that and run. Toronto is hoping that JVR pans out to be as good as Plekanec.

I guess when I say "would" I really mean "should". Not sure if Burke would trade away a good ol' 'Merican boy for a European.
I think they are hoping JVR pans out into a Pacioretty type

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:47 PM
glenbuis

This habs fan doesn't think it is totally crazy to consider a plekanac for Van Riemsdyk trade.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
This habs fan doesn't think it is totally crazy to consider a plekanac for Van Riemsdyk trade.
Only because I believe in Galchenyuk, and my proposition is in the perspective of if there is a season, I throw some good asset to be able to draft in the 5 first pick.

But I think it could hurt us to trade plek to the leaf.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:08 PM
glenbuis

Yeah we really couldn't trade plekanac like that, but jvr is interesting. 2-3 yrs ago he was one of the better playoff performers, he's 23 big , strong , fast.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Yeah we really couldn't trade plekanac like that, but jvr is interesting. 2-3 yrs ago he was one of the better playoff performers, he's 23 big , strong , fast.
He is not strong... he's an alex semin 6 ft 2, not an eric cole 6 ft 2

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 11:52 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Because Cole isn't young and like I said, I'm not giving him for a nobody.
So you want a younger version of Cole (top 6 and 30+ goal scorer) for a 32 year old Cole? I'm on board! I don't think the rest of the 29 teams will be though...

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Noob616

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
I think they are hoping JVR pans out into a Pacioretty type
I just mean they're hoping he becomes as good/as valuable as Pleks is, not saying they have the same play style.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
So you want a younger version of Cole (top 6 and 30+ goal scorer) for a 32 year old Cole? I'm on board! I don't think the rest of the 29 teams will be though...
not just for Cole, but for Cole, Plekanec, gallagher and maybe a second pick.

I get the team more weak, for a younger winger and to be able to draft in the 5 first spot in 2013.

But like i said, it only work if there is a season.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:36 AM
sharks9

Quote:
not just for Cole, but for Cole, Plekanec, gallagher and maybe a second pick.

I get the team more weak, for a younger winger and to be able to draft in the 5 first spot in 2013.

But like i said, it only work if there is a season.
That's easily an overpayment on our part. Plekanec and a 2nd should easily be enough to get us a top 6 forward from most teams.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:02 PM
glenbuis

Plekanac on most evenings is our best player. Offensively,defenseively and hes only 29-30. We have no need to rush him out yet when there are other centers that should go before him.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
That's easily an overpayment on our part. Plekanec and a 2nd should easily be enough to get us a top 6 forward from most teams.
it depend for who we trade them

Old
12-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Chacal667

What about, Plek, Cole, Gallagher and a second choice vs Patrick Kane ?