Saw Greg Maddux's 3000th strikeout. That was a blast of a game. My mom's neighbor sold a car to Neifi Perez, Cubs SS at the time, and gave my her neighbor the tickets... who gave them to me. Sat about 15 rows up from home plate that game, slightly on the Cubs dugout side. That was also the first game that Latroy Hawkins returned as a visitor, after completely BOMBING on the Cubs. Fans were going crazy, and he blew the lead in the 8th. Cubs ending up losing in extras, but the fans were all over Latroy and it was just so much fun.
The year after the Bartman incident, I got Cubs-Marlins tickets... which turned into a doubleheader. That was pretty cool. IIRC, they split and it was a rather boring two games.
Me and my buddy always had a inside joke kind of a thing about Micah Owings for no real apparent reason. My buddy was in town in Atlanta for the week, and Micah was pitching @ Turner while he was there. We made hanes t-shirt Micah Owings jerseys and got pretty trashed before the game... He hit two HRs, a double 6 RBI, 4 runs, and pitched 7 innings of 3 hit ball.
My dad had a work function that I got to tag along with, that included a weekend of nothing but free golf in Scottsdale, and they rented out the pool in CF. That was pretty cool, although couldn't believe how small it was IRL. I always thought the thing was massive. Caught two HR balls in batting practice, and Vlad tossed me one as well which was especially awesome since I always loved the guy. Best part was there was this annoying ass fat kid there, who he was throwing the ball to, that I snatched it from. Hated that ****er.
Watched Cole Hamels take a perfect game into the seventh inning once. The game had a strange vibe anyway because there was a rain delay before first pitch. It was electric though.
In 1998, I went to the Vet with my grandfather to watch the Phils and Giants. I remember that game well for a several reasons:
- It was a blowout in the Giants favor, just looked up the score and it was 15-3
- Barry Bonds charged the mound against Ricky Bottalico
- Got my first and only foul ball, which I still have around somewhere. Off the bat of Jeff Kent.
- It was the only game I went to with my now-deceased grandfather and really one of the few times that just he and I did something together. It wasn't until much later that I realized what it meant for my hobbling grandfather (bad hips) to take me out on a hot August afternoon to see a game he probably didn't care all that much about. I was just a kid excited to go to a game, but he went only because of me.
- Game 4 of the 2008 World Series.
- I remember being at a game where one of the Phillies pitchers hit Bonds and he charged the mound and the scuffled. The pitcher might have been Ricky Bottalico.
- I think it was the first year of interleague when they had it during September. Schilling pitched really well against the Yankees.
- Watching Pedro in his heyday at Fenway Park against the White Sox. best pitcher ever.