HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Madness the 9th: Tom Cheek Memorial Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Bjindaho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
In other words, "He's not my problem any more!".
That or "We got the better player"

Old
12-05-2012, 06:40 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

buck has to go
6 million as backup is silly

in other words it doesnt look like JPA gets traded this winter

Old
12-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Swervin81
MFW Leafs be Leafin

DKnobler ‏@DKnobler
With Greinke bidding heading to $160 million and perhaps beyond, one Angels person said: "That's going to blow us out of the water."

If that's the case, I REALLY hope we get JJ extended soon....

Old
12-05-2012, 06:43 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
DKnobler ‏@DKnobler
With Greinke bidding heading to $160 million and perhaps beyond, one Angels person said: "That's going to blow us out of the water."

Thats hefty, 68 mil for 4 with an option for another at 20?

Last edited by calcal798: 12-05-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 06:43 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
I was born in 1994, so I've never really experienced following the Jays when they've had success. I'm something of a casual Jays fan (usually catch 10 - 20 games a year, even when we're losing) but if this team lives up to it's potential I would probably start watching every game I could. I think there are a lot of Jays "fans" like me who will jump on the bandwagon once this team gets rolling; Rogers has made a pretty big investment, but it has the potential to have a huge payoff for them.
that can be said about any franchise except for the big markets (ie toronto maple leafs, nyy, dallas cowboys)

but i play baseball, i love baseball and finally the jays have a great team on paper. if they hit there stride this city could have blue jays fever again. (92 born havn't seen them win either )

Old
12-05-2012, 06:46 PM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
DKnobler ‏@DKnobler

As of now JJ's value is up in the air... he was worth 20 + a couple seasons ago, now he's a number 2 or 3 at best but with ace stuff. I doubt he would sign now because he knows if he has a good season he will get a huge contract in free agency. As of now he's Probably worth whatever Sanchez gets (15 million?) But if JJ has a killer year he will definitely get something like 6 years - 140 million... Big year for Johnson.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:50 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
As of now JJ's value is up in the air... he was worth 20 + a couple seasons ago, now he has a number 2 or 3 at best but with ace stuff. I doubt he would sign now because he knows if he has a good season he will get a huge contract in free agency. As of now he's Probably worth whatever Sanchez gets (15 million?) But if JJ has a killer year he will definitely get something like 6 years - 140 million... Big year for Johnson.
But he also has had injury history, so that will also be a factor. He could play out the whole season and hope that he kills it without the contract, or sign now without that massive 100 + million payday for shorter term on a strong team knowing that he has the guarenteed contract even if he gets injured.

Not like Toronto is a bad team now. Knowing that your going to be a core of a team with Bautista, Reyes, Morrow, EE, (Romero), Beurhle, Lawrie, Cabrera. I dont think there is anything wrong with that.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
LOL Nem.

I played that game endlessly. For me the trade was always for Paul O'Neill or Juan Gonzalez.

I also made sure I traded for Tom Candiotti from the A's too. I couldn't stand facing that knuckleball... trying to lineup the box with that tiny dot that fluttered around was IMPOSSIBLE.
Haha I used to dummy that game. Would break so many records with Delgado, on All-Star.

One game I was confident I could give anyone a run for their money for.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:52 PM
weems

This is interesting

"If I was Toronto I’d deal Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia and keep Anthony Gose and John Buck,” said an American League general manager.

“They have enough offence with the rest of their lineup. Gose is probably a year away from being an offensive force and in a year Travis d’Arnaud would be ready. That’s what we’d do.”

Old
12-05-2012, 07:56 PM
TheOtherSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontomarleauleafs View Post
lol:
ohhh nooo he didn't!!!

Old
12-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Leafssss

Blanton 2 years/15M pretty decent deal. I'm thinking Marcum somewhere around 8-9M could be a steal.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
This is interesting

"If I was Toronto I’d deal Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia and keep Anthony Gose and John Buck,” said an American League general manager.

“They have enough offence with the rest of their lineup. Gose is probably a year away from being an offensive force and in a year Travis d’Arnaud would be ready. That’s what we’d do.”
I would only do that if the right deal came up. I dont think we should be in any rush to move them. But, just my opinion, I see JPA getting moved at the deadline or when TDA is ready for the MLB and I see Rasmus getting moved during the season if he doesnt perform.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:25 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Quote:
This is interesting

yes

but for whom ?

Old
12-05-2012, 08:27 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
This is interesting

I would be open to that if the return was really good. But I wouldn't be wil to sell low on either player.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:31 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

mets need a catcher and a center fielder

Old
12-05-2012, 08:35 PM
weems

Micheal Bourns name came up alot in the previous thread so I decided to look up his numbers in double AA versus Gose's.

Bourn age 23 Reading AA

.268/.348/.364

6 HOME RUNS
38 STEALS

Gose age 20 New Hampshire AA

.253/.349/.415

16 HOME RUNS
70 STEALS

Bourn struck out less but Gose had better walk totals.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:36 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
mets need a catcher and a center fielder
JPA and Rasmus + non lansing 2 pitching prospect
for
R.A. Dickey and Ike Davis

Old
12-05-2012, 08:55 PM
calcal798

Quote:
This is interesting

Interesting...

I wonder if a deal with Cinci could be made around Homer Bailey + Drew Stubbs for JP Arencibia + Colby Rasmus?

Would get them both out of the conference, gives us a CF that would take over until Gose is ready and a SP that could really round out rotation for us. Cinci need a C and Rasmus would be an improvement in CF. Bailey has potential to get even better still as he is still young.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Interesting...

I wonder if a deal with Cinci could be made around Homer Bailey + Drew Stubbs for JP Arencibia + Colby Rasmus?

Would get them both out of the conference, gives us a CF that would take over until Gose is ready and a SP that could really round out rotation for us. Cinci need a C and Rasmus would be an improvement in CF. Bailey has potential to get even better still as he is still young.
Both Stubbs and Bailey would get torched here.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
mapes

Stubbs? People hate on Arencibia for his hitting, imagine having Stubbs

Arencibia has value due to being a catcher at least. Stubbs would get ripped to shreds here

Old
12-05-2012, 09:05 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Both Stubbs and Bailey would get torched here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Stubbs? People hate on Arencibia for his hitting, imagine having Stubbs

Arencibia has value due to being a catcher at least. Stubbs would get ripped to shreds here
What about for Mat Latos then

Old
12-05-2012, 09:18 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
This is interesting

Very interesting and understandable but if he says Gose and D'Arnaud suggesting moving them now seems a little odd. I guess in the sense that their defence is strong enough that their bats aren't very important right now.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:50 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Very interesting and understandable but if he says Gose and D'Arnaud suggesting moving them now seems a little odd. I guess in the sense that their defence is strong enough that their bats aren't very important right now.
Well I'm guessing in that scenario you'd play Boni in center where some say he is most comfortable. Gose isn't ready for prime time. I'd be very hesitant to deal Rasmus right now with his value so low.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:58 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Well I'm guessing in that scenario you'd play Boni in center where some say he is most comfortable. Gose isn't ready for prime time. I'd be very hesitant to deal Rasmus right now with his value so low.
Rasmus you don't move unless you get the value you expect him to have. If teams are trying to buy low on him he stays easily. Your right though I forgot about Boni. He could slot in well enough until Gose is ready for the show.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:09 PM
TootooTrain
-

SB Nation's John Stickels Grades Jays top 20 Prospects
Link: http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...pects-for-2013

I'm only listing the top 5 to be "forum friendly", but you can find the complete top 20 via the link above. Not completely sold on his grading process, fairly generic tbh, but his overall ranking is pretty good. Stilson perhaps should be a few spots higher, and Norris above DJ Davis.

Quote:
"ALL GRADES ARE PRELIMINARY AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE. No grade is final until January 5th, 2013"

Grade A prospects are the elite. They have a reasonable chance of becoming stars or superstars. Almost all Grade A prospects develop into major league regulars, if injuries or other problems don't intervene. Note that is a major "if" in some cases.

Grade B prospects have a good chance to enjoy successful careers. Some will develop into stars, some will not. Most end up spending several years in the majors, at the very least in a marginal role.

Grade C prospects are the most common type. These are guys who have something positive going for them, but who may have a question mark or three, or who are just too far away from the majors to get an accurate feel for. A few Grade C guys, especially at the lower levels, do develop into stars. Some end up as role players or bench guys. Many don't make it at all.
Quote:
1) Travis D'Arnaud, C, Grade A-: Borderline B+. He's not perfect, but D'Arnaud is either the best catching prospect in baseball or the second-best behind Mike Zunino. Could use a bit more polish with his throwing and his plate discipline, but overall he's the complete package.

2) Noah Syndergaard, RHP, Grade A-: Borderline B+. I love him. Strong sinking fastball, good changeup, breaking stuff coming around, solid command, good body, good makeup, strong Sabremetric profile. Just needs to stay healthy.

3) Aaron Sanchez, RHP, Grade B+: Borderline A-: Stuff is even better than Syndergaard's, three plus pitches, but needs to sharpen his control. Noah has a better balance of stuff and command than Aaron at this point, but they are very close.

4) Roberto Osuna, RHP, Grade B+: I like his delivery, I like his stuff, his control isn't bad, and he performed well out of the gate. Not classically projectable due to mature body at age 18, but he already has enough stuff to succeed if the command is there.

5) Marcus Stroman, RHP, Grade B: You have to love the stuff, 5-9 size be damned, and he knows how to use it. Will he start or relieve? He could advance very quickly in the bullpen. Don't forget he has to finish his suspension over stimulant use.

Closed Thread