HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Locked-out Lightning Players Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Benders Lindyhop

vCash: 500
Damn Vinny! He keeps up this pace, he'll be icing his own midget team in a few years.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:42 AM
newham89

At least he's finally scoring enough to earn his salary!

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
At least he's finally scoring enough to earn his salary!
I hope someday you find out personally how much it hurts to snort orange juice out your nose.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Know Fear

vCash: 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Vinny & Marty: Hey Mr.Vinik look what followed us home, Can we keep them?

Xenophobia Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by turd ferguson View Post
It won't be the season. They will hold onto the hope, and by extension, the season ticket holders money, as long as they can. Last time the season wasn't cancelled until February.

I wish it was though. I want to get by the denial stage.
This, except for wishing the season was cancelled.

I'm caring less and less about the lockout itself each day. The league should cancel that first.

B.J. Crombeen signed with The Bear.

http://t.co/tXC4ewfJ

(aww yeah)

The PA is playing this proposed break smart. Let the anger at the league overflow.

If the PA really wanted to put the screws to the NHL, they'd get them to meet in Toronto, where the outside of the building would be surrounded by hockey fans booing their existence.

The lockout effects more than just the owners, players, concession workers, etc.

It effects me.

I'm afraid I won't be able to meet my 'Marty is short' joke quota for the year.

Christmas is cancelled.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:35 AM
kisin

Hedman has earned 3 assists (2 PP) during the first two periods against Traktor.

kisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:30 PM
LightningStrikes
He is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellis View Post
Hedman has earned 3 assists (2 PP) during the first two periods against Traktor.
So he now has 14 assists for 14 points in 16 games. Not bad. I wish he'd score some goals, though.

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:41 PM
LightningStrikes
He is back

As for the other three Lightning players playing in Europe:

Anders Lindback (Ilves Tampere, SM-Liiga): 5GP, 3.75GAA, 0.879SV%

Brendan Mikkelson (VIK Vasteras HK, HockeyAllsvenskan = 2nd Swedish League): 6GP, 2G, 2A, 4P, 4PIM, ±?

Adam Hall (Ravensburg Tower Stars, 2nd German Bundesliga): 9GP, 5G, 2A, 7P, 29PIM, ±0

Old
11-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

From yesterday's Solar Bear game notes:

Quote:
RW B.J. Crombeen has been released by the Solar Bears. Crombeen's availability will continue to be assessed on a week-by-week basis

Last edited by Felonious Python: 11-21-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old
11-21-2012, 03:58 PM
LightningStrikes
He is back

Nate Thompson (Alaska Aces, ECHL): 15GP, 4G, 8A, 12P, 16PIM, +1

B.J. Crombeen (Orlando Solar Bears, ECHL): 2GP, 0G, 0A, 0P, 2PIM, ±0

Weren't there rumors of Stamkos and St. Louis joining a team soon?

Old
11-22-2012, 01:22 PM
glassbangers
Samu MacGyver

vCash: 50
Anders Lindbäck was ridiculously terrific today against TPS Turku (Koivu, Korpikoski, Russell, Martinez). He had 46/47 saves in a 2-1 SO win. He played yesterday too and had 43/47 saves in a 4-3 loss against Blues Espoo. Lindbäck plays in easily the worst team of the league.

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:13 PM
B2k3
The Hip Czech

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Anders Lindbäck was ridiculously terrific today against TPS Turku (Koivu, Korpikoski, Russell, Martinez). He had 46/47 saves in a 2-1 SO win. He played yesterday too and had 43/47 saves in a 4-3 loss against Blues Espoo. Lindbäck plays in easily the worst team of the league.
That is so good to hear.

B2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO
Quote:
Heard from agent for @RealStamkos91 today and he said his client currently has no plans to head overseas to play during the lockout
Quote:
Marty St. Louis' status remain unchanged, has no plans at this time to play in Europe, but that can always change

Old
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
LightningStrikes
He is back

Quote:
Tampa Bay Lightning star Marty St. Louis said he is "baffled" by the state of negotiations between the Players' Association and league on a new collective bargaining agreement.

"Do the math," he said about the union's last proposal that has the sides $182 million apart over a five-year deal. "Thirty teams, it's not that much."
Quote:
Added captain Vinny Lecavalier: "For everything we've offered and how proactive we've been, it's the opposite for (the league). It's like negotiating with nobody. ... But I still think with everything we've offered and everything we've done, it would be ridiculous not to start the season."
Quote:
In the meantime, St. Louis, Lecavalier and a small group of teammates (Stamkos pops in from time to time) will continue skating three times a week at the Ice Sports Forum in Brandon, on Monday in front of three fans.

"I'm trying to entertain a few people," St. Louis said and added with a laugh, "our season ticket holders." Bottom line, he said of the workouts, "This is better than nothing."
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...bolting-europe

Old
11-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I wonder what's going on with Mattias Ohlund. He didn't play at all last season and now the NHL's been locked out with the hope of any season at all slipping away.

To the Lightning's luck, and his misfortune, Ohlund's two biggest years of pay were last year and this.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:37 PM
sillystring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
To the Lightning's luck, and his misfortune, Ohlund's two biggest years of pay were last year and this.
I think he still gets paid, because he is injured. So he is still enjoying the NHL player salary and health care.

sillystring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillystring View Post
I think he still gets paid, because he is injured. So he is still enjoying the NHL player salary and health care.
That's right. I forgot. That's how long this lockout has gone on, I've forgotten stuff from when it started.

Are they legally obligated to do this?

Old
12-04-2012, 03:41 PM
LightningStrikes
He is back

I asked for some insight on Hedman's current performance in the KHL thread on the main board. Here's Blunderbore's response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
Hedman looks very very very good, very composed, very involved. i looked at him in the NHL and couldn't understand the previous hype about him sometimes, thought he was lost at times and wasn't quite turning around the corner, but these days he is really bossing at Barys. he is one of a sudden a revelation for me in reading the game on an absolutely elite level. if he can carry this confidence over to NHL, you might be pleasantly surprised.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1266471&page=2

Hedman has 18 assists for 18 points and 52 PIM and is +12 in 21 games with Astana Barys.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Dana Tyrell to HC Banska Bystrica (Tipsport Extraliga - Slovakia)

http://www.hc05.sk/do-hc--05-prichad...ania-s-budajom

Old
12-05-2012, 01:31 AM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...medium=twitter
Quote:
"A great experience," Hedman said by phone. "I've been playing a lot and developing my game. I'm very happy I chose to come here, and I'm very eager to get back to Tampa and prove I've gotten better as a player."

Hedman's 18 assists are tied for second among league defensemen and his 18 points in 21 games are sixth. He is averaging 21:51 of ice time and is plus-12.

But Hedman, 21, said he is most excited about his work on offense, especially on the power play where he wants to expand his role with Tampa Bay.
Quote:
But Hedman said he now better understands how to meld offensive creativity with defensive positioning. His reaction time also has improved.

"The more time he can spend on (the power play) the more comfortable he will be," Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman said. "I know he has the ability to play on it, so it's a matter of getting the opportunity and he's getting that over there."

"You can definitely get better playing there," said Tampa Bay captain Vinny Lecavalier, who during the 2004-05 lockout played in Russia for Kazan. "It's a little different style of play, a little more free on the ice. It's not as structured. But it's not like you're playing 16-year-olds. It's the second-best league in the world."
also
Quote:
If ever you are in Kazakhstan, Victor Hedman said, better not to order horse in a restaurant.

Yes, it is a delicacy there. But, really, "It's disgusting," Hedman said. "It was chewy. It's tough to explain what it tastes like ....You have to try it once," Hedman said, "but never again."

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 12-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Kshahdoo

Hedman was named a D player of the month by KHL...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:20 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

http://boltprospects.com/content/sm-...-night-12-5-12

Lindback to Lindback shutouts
Quote:
Anders Lindback delivered another dandy of a performance and new addition Danielle Paille scored an empty-netter to help Ilves close out a very competitive visiting squad in Tappara. Lindback, who ran his shutout streak to 125 consecutive minutes with Wednesday's victory, now boasts the 5th-best save-percentage in the league.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:00 AM
CC321

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Anders Lindback delivered another dandy of a performance and new addition Danielle Paille scored an empty-netter to help Ilves close out a very competitive visiting squad in Tappara. Lindback, who ran his shutout streak to 125 consecutive minutes with Wednesday's victory, now boasts the 5th-best save-percentage in the league.

Lindback to Lindback shutouts
It would be great to have a goalie on a hot streak to start the season with. Bring it on.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:41 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

https://twitter.com/MaStrozyk
Quote:
Anders Lindbäck's shutout streak came to an end after 163 minutes. A new franchise record for Ilves. #TBLightning

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 12-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old
12-08-2012, 03:37 PM
PJM

Lindbäck with yet another shutout. The team defence has gotten better, but still he is clearly the biggest factor behind the resent point streak of Ilves. He is simply the best goalie I have seen in this league. Finnish SM-liiga is not the NHL, but still it is not like poor goalies can do well here. The combination of size, mobility and reflexes is quite rare. And not only that, but good stickhandling and the fact he always tries to keep the play going on rather than have a defensive zone face-off is remarkable (not sure if that's correct English, but I'm sure you get the idea).

Lindbäck now has 3 shutouts while the league leaders have 4 (with more than twice the number of games played). SV% is .930 (3rd in the league) and GAA 2.33 (9th) and all this with the team that still is the last in the league. If he can play anything like this in the NHL, goalkeeping will be the least of your worries.

PJM is offline   Reply With Quote