HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2012, 12:44 PM
  #251
DrPabloRamirez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nevidzany, ZM
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
You think these players have an advantage over others? Hmm, well no one is scoring in bunches so it is hard to say who is standing out. Does this experience make them better suited than other players in different teams and leagues?
Of course, this team is created specially to represent Slovakia at WjC. First idea (in year 2008) was to have all eligible players in one team. Nowadays, the best players are in CHL and KHL, some others in MHL, Sweden, Finland or Slovak extraleague. But if there are similar players to compare, orange one will take a spot in final team.
They are not scoring, because they are playing against full senior teams, games are about defence, defence and defence.
Both goaltenders are locked - Nagy and Romancik. Third could be Sabol or Mikolas.
Defence outside U20 league team - Ceresnak was already invited to camp, Bezuska and Bajanik have serious chances, but both nothing special.
Forwards were already mentioned.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:26 PM
  #252
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,807
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
How do the upcoming age groups stack up (96's, 97's etc)? From an outside perspective it is difficult to have much of a grasp. The 95's were pretty hyped but from a casual fan's measurement perspective (i.e NHL draft) it looks like we can expect very little, but perhaps in the current climate, that is entirely the wrong approach to take anyway.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:01 PM
  #253
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
Of course, this team is created specially to represent Slovakia at WjC. First idea (in year 2008) was to have all eligible players in one team. Nowadays, the best players are in CHL and KHL, some others in MHL, Sweden, Finland or Slovak extraleague. But if there are similar players to compare, orange one will take a spot in final team.
They are not scoring, because they are playing against full senior teams, games are about defence, defence and defence.
Both goaltenders are locked - Nagy and Romancik. Third could be Sabol or Mikolas.
Defence outside U20 league team - Ceresnak was already invited to camp, Bezuska and Bajanik have serious chances, but both nothing special.
Forwards were already mentioned.
Strange how you mention Koys and Paulovic have no chance slovakinextone? I would think they have more value than many other eligibles. Hmm interesting, yes what I did notice is that many of the players on this team have played in Slovak u-20 league and were pretty good producers compared to many juniors overseas who put up modest to low stats in u18 leagues and left. But if the main focus is defence how do you evaluate who can contribute offence for your team. After all the team who wins is the team who scores the most goals !

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:50 AM
  #254
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Strange how you mention Koys and Paulovic have no chance slovakinextone? I would think they have more value than many other eligibles. Hmm interesting, yes what I did notice is that many of the players on this team have played in Slovak u-20 league and were pretty good producers compared to many juniors overseas who put up modest to low stats in u18 leagues and left. But if the main focus is defence how do you evaluate who can contribute offence for your team. After all the team who wins is the team who scores the most goals !
I´m not exactly sure how it is strange that Koyš´s and Paulovič s chances for WJC are pretty small is? This is the WJC and not the U18 World Championship, the primary group of players is 1993 born, which means that the guys you mention are double underagers and very few of those actually make it to the tournament (not just for Slovakia, but for all the teams) and neither Paulovič nor Koyš seem to have been doing anything special to earn that position unlike for example Martin Reway has been.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 05:35 PM
  #255
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I´m not exactly sure how it is strange that Koyš´s and Paulovič s chances for WJC are pretty small is? This is the WJC and not the U18 World Championship, the primary group of players is 1993 born, which means that the guys you mention are double underagers and very few of those actually make it to the tournament (not just for Slovakia, but for all the teams) and neither Paulovič nor Koyš seem to have been doing anything special to earn that position unlike for example Martin Reway has been.
So is Reway the only underager with a legitimate chance?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 01:55 AM
  #256
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
So is Reway the only underager with a legitimate chance?
Double underager probably yes, and as DrPabloRamirez has mentioned goalie Mikoláš might make it as the 3rd goalie. But I´m sure there will be quite a few underagers - 1994s that is - on the team.

Richard Pánik continues in December as he started in November, scoring two goals last night. With 20 points for 11 goals and 9 assists in 19 games he´s now no. 8th overall in the AHL scoring race. His scoring streak has now lasted for 12 games in which he scored 10 goals and added 7 assists for 17 points.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 01:28 PM
  #257
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Double underager probably yes, and as DrPabloRamirez has mentioned goalie Mikoláš might make it as the 3rd goalie. But I´m sure there will be quite a few underagers - 1994s that is - on the team.

Richard Pánik continues in December as he started in November, scoring two goals last night. With 20 points for 11 goals and 9 assists in 19 games he´s now no. 8th overall in the AHL scoring race. His scoring streak has now lasted for 12 games in which he scored 10 goals and added 7 assists for 17 points.
To me the underagers were the players who wear the cages ( 95's )


Last edited by wings5: 12-02-2012 at 01:49 PM.
wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
  #258
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
On another note, I found it nteresting how the mass exodus of CHL players born in late 80's has produced quite a few national team players though even if they aren't NHLers : Kytnar, Bliznak, Marcinko, Zagrapan, Mihalik, Bartanus, Mikus. Don't know why but it seemed to be the right route for them.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:29 AM
  #259
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
On another note, I found it nteresting how the mass exodus of CHL players born in late 80's has produced quite a few national team players though even if they aren't NHLers : Kytnar, Bliznak, Marcinko, Zagrapan, Mihalik, Bartanus, Mikus. Don't know why but it seemed to be the right route for them.
The interesting thing is that, barring Zagrapan, all played in Slovakia in their draft year and came over as 18 year old not year earlier. In many cases Czechs/Slovaks are not ready for CHL as 17 year old needing one extra year home to develop. CHL is right route for many of them but on many occasion they leave one year earlier which hurt their development.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:24 PM
  #260
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
The interesting thing is that, barring Zagrapan, all played in Slovakia in their draft year and came over as 18 year old not year earlier. In many cases Czechs/Slovaks are not ready for CHL as 17 year old needing one extra year home to develop. CHL is right route for many of them but on many occasion they leave one year earlier which hurt their development.
Interesting observation, I think Bliznak came over early too though. Jurco still looks to have a bright future atm after coming at 17. Will be interesting to see how it affects the 95's.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:51 AM
  #261
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Interesting observation, I think Bliznak came over early too though. Jurco still looks to have a bright future atm after coming at 17. Will be interesting to see how it affects the 95's.
Nope, Bližňák only came over after he was drafted in 2005. In 2004/2005 he was playing in Slovakia, sharing his time between the men´s, junior and U18 team of Dubnica.

Jurčo is more of an exception than a rule, same as Reway this year, the other 95s seem to be a further proof of what czechexpert said.

Also you made it sound as if the players you named made up the core of the NT, while half of them even aren´t NT players at the moment (despite having played some games for the NT in the past). Mikúš is the one that is 100% NT player, but he didn´t become one until playing for years with Pálffy, Bližňák is another one. Kytnár might beome another one. With Mihálik, most of us wish he wasn´t. Zagrapan has played at the WC under Filc in the past, but he´s been bouncing around leagues/teams in Europe for years now, in the last months in CZE. Bartánus also got some games in the past, but since then has done nothing special anywhere outside Slovakia. Same for Marcinko.

Looking at last years WC roster out of the U25 players on the team, only Bližňák and Mikúš played in the CHL and Tatar in the AHL and they all played in Sovakia during their draft year. The next three players have never played in NA (Hudáček L, Hudáček J and Haščák).

Out of the nine U25 players that played at the Deutschland Cup this year,three have played in the CHL. Marcinko was there pre-draft, but Šťastný only played quite a limited time there and that was after he was 18. The third one was Janus who left quite early, but that´s it of a special case as he´s a goalie. Also Mikúš (the D, not the F) has played in the AHL for several years, but once again only after his draft. The others - Ďaloga, Štajnoch, Galamboš, Hudáček and Tybor have spent their whole careers in Slovakia/Europe. Of course we might count with the fact that some players that went through the CHL are still in NA in the AHL and therefore weren´t available for the DC. However the three players who are performing well enough to warrant a selection - Tatar, Pánik, Marinčin - all went to NA after their drafts and all have played at least some time against men back at home. (and in Tatar´s case he´s never played in the CHL at all)

So, I think you don´t have much proof that your statement "it seemed to be the irght route for them" is absolutely right. Because there is no 100% right route, especially not one that would work for everyone. There´s way too many factors included, a lot of them can´t be influenced. Even though czechexpert says that the CHL is the right route for many players after their 18 and I value his opinion and work with the presumtion that the majority of the time he´s right, even he´s not ALWAYS right. As an example I believe he thought that a guy like Richard Mráz would do just fine in the CHL, yet Mráz is now back in Slovakia without achieving much in the OHL (though of course there´s the issue of his serious injury last year, but from what I understand his lak of success in the league had more to do with trust issues with the coach than with that.)

Anyway, on a positive note, both Martin Reway and Michal Krištof will be good to go for the WJC camp, and on a less positive one Gernát won´t make it after all. http://www.slovakprospects.com/repre...ano-gernat-nie

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
  #262
DrPabloRamirez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nevidzany, ZM
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
How do the upcoming age groups stack up (96's, 97's etc)? From an outside perspective it is difficult to have much of a grasp. The 95's were pretty hyped but from a casual fan's measurement perspective (i.e NHL draft) it looks like we can expect very little, but perhaps in the current climate, that is entirely the wrong approach to take anyway.
96 and 97 prospects - I heard about
Erik Cernak
Adrian Sloboda
Juraj Siska
Peter Valent
Adrian Holesinsky
Radovan Bondra
and some others like Hascic, Halama, Ferenc, Kondys, Pospisil, Krasnican... I still think ´95 group is the most talented for years.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:01 AM
  #263
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Nope, Bližňák only came over after he was drafted in 2005. In 2004/2005 he was playing in Slovakia, sharing his time between the men´s, junior and U18 team of Dubnica.

Jurčo is more of an exception than a rule, same as Reway this year, the other 95s seem to be a further proof of what czechexpert said.

Also you made it sound as if the players you named made up the core of the NT, while half of them even aren´t NT players at the moment (despite having played some games for the NT in the past). Mikúš is the one that is 100% NT player, but he didn´t become one until playing for years with Pálffy, Bližňák is another one. Kytnár might beome another one. With Mihálik, most of us wish he wasn´t. Zagrapan has played at the WC under Filc in the past, but he´s been bouncing around leagues/teams in Europe for years now, in the last months in CZE. Bartánus also got some games in the past, but since then has done nothing special anywhere outside Slovakia. Same for Marcinko.

Looking at last years WC roster out of the U25 players on the team, only Bližňák and Mikúš played in the CHL and Tatar in the AHL and they all played in Sovakia during their draft year. The next three players have never played in NA (Hudáček L, Hudáček J and Haščák).

Out of the nine U25 players that played at the Deutschland Cup this year,three have played in the CHL. Marcinko was there pre-draft, but Šťastný only played quite a limited time there and that was after he was 18. The third one was Janus who left quite early, but that´s it of a special case as he´s a goalie. Also Mikúš (the D, not the F) has played in the AHL for several years, but once again only after his draft. The others - Ďaloga, Štajnoch, Galamboš, Hudáček and Tybor have spent their whole careers in Slovakia/Europe. Of course we might count with the fact that some players that went through the CHL are still in NA in the AHL and therefore weren´t available for the DC. However the three players who are performing well enough to warrant a selection - Tatar, Pánik, Marinčin - all went to NA after their drafts and all have played at least some time against men back at home. (and in Tatar´s case he´s never played in the CHL at all)

So, I think you don´t have much proof that your statement "it seemed to be the irght route for them" is absolutely right. Because there is no 100% right route, especially not one that would work for everyone. There´s way too many factors included, a lot of them can´t be influenced. Even though czechexpert says that the CHL is the right route for many players after their 18 and I value his opinion and work with the presumtion that the majority of the time he´s right, even he´s not ALWAYS right. As an example I believe he thought that a guy like Richard Mráz would do just fine in the CHL, yet Mráz is now back in Slovakia without achieving much in the OHL (though of course there´s the issue of his serious injury last year, but from what I understand his lak of success in the league had more to do with trust issues with the coach than with that.)

[/url]
Bliznak was drafted out of Dubnica, remember watching him on poor, cold rink in Dubnica...

Marcinko also played in Slovakia during his draft year, drafted out of Kosice.

I don´t know what went wrong in case of Richard Mraz in Ottawa but it´s true that I thought that he will be good player there...

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:51 AM
  #264
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola
 
ThrashersfanSVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Holešinský has never impressed me... Lukáš Berák seems to be an interesting player to me.


Last edited by ThrashersfanSVK: 12-05-2012 at 08:32 AM.
ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:48 AM
  #265
R3v3r3nd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
WJC-20 Slovakia

Vintage 94 is very good from the perspective of Slovakia. Not so much the look of draft pick but from the perspective of the experience the players with the masculine he. Swedes or Russians are top because they know chŕliť enough players who no longer are able to play with the men. Then it turns out that the puppy with a result visually played Juniors team. And I think that has to do it to make them compete with 94 Edition of perhaps the most. Ročnik 94 who already play for men: Dano, Lunter, Predajniansky, Simun, Griger, Rabble, Next year will have already Horansky ... season 2 complete for men, Dano 3 season. Very good knowledge. Then we add to them the strong in attack and we have a very solid team with 95.This year could go two 95: Reway and Cehlárik. Both are LW. Personally, I would have picked up Šilleho instead of Horanského. If they gave him the opportunity in the Vitriol, he would in my view better. Or instead take the Donut 96. But Šille has a draft, so I don't know. Vintage 93 is weak and a year already here are not, we should take advantage of this and give space to 94 players.

R3v3r3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:22 PM
  #266
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
I can't pretend to know anything about the 94s but the Slovak 95s have been touted as the best group in a while from that country. Next year should be better and the year after that especially. So why not give experience to the younger talents so you can come next year with plenty of experienced players?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 03:29 AM
  #267
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I can't pretend to know anything about the 94s but the Slovak 95s have been touted as the best group in a while from that country. Next year should be better and the year after that especially. So why not give experience to the younger talents so you can come next year with plenty of experienced players?
Because Slovakia want to stay in elite group. Not to fall do B- level as it was with U18 team. And i don't think, that the class of 95 or 96 does have so many talent, they can compete on this year U20 WJC.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 03:32 AM
  #268
R3v3r3nd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
A similar view

I have a similar view, especially on the LW is a vintage 93 positions after an injury Tvrdon weak.Outside of Orange: 93-Ceresnak (OH L/D), Kristof (Fin20/C), Mikus (KHL/RW) 94-Dano (C/RW/KHL), Lunter (SVK/RW), Simun (SVK/C) Griger (SVK/C), Predajniansky (SVK/D) 95-Mikolas (SVK20/G), Cehlarik (Swe20/LW), Torok (QUEBEC MAJOR JUNIOR HOCKEY/LW) Paulovic (Swe20/LW), Rehak (QUEBEC MAJOR JUNIOR HOCKEY/RW) Koys (QUEBEC MAJOR JUNIOR HOCKEY/RW) Sille (Svk20/C),Reway (QMJHL/ C/LW)

+ Project Orange

LW-Torok,Paulovic,Cehlarik D-Predajniansky,Ceresnak
LW/C-Reway
C-Kristof,Simun(draft),Griger,Sille(draft) G-Mikolas
C/RW-Dano(draft),Rehak
RW-Mikus,Lunter,Koys

This players will go next year.In Addition To Kristof, Ceresnak, Mikus. But this year ,............

I do not know who the players will go to the Orange of the WJC.
Projekt Orange is good for 3.-4. line on team.

93 has some players, 94 is very experiense and 95 is young guns.

R3v3r3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:57 AM
  #269
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola
 
ThrashersfanSVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Šimun is injured.

I think except Réway, no one from 1995 age group is able to compete at U20 level at this moment.

ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:33 AM
  #270
R3v3r3nd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
93 and 94 havent good LW and Reway and Cehlarik is very good this year.

R3v3r3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:50 AM
  #271
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
So, interesting start to the WJC

Russia- Slovakia 3:2 OT
Goals by Matis (Mikúš, Daňo) and R. Mráz (Hudec)
Goalie Nagy BP

The U18 team also won their first game at the 5 nations U18 tourney against Czechs 4-3 SO
Goals by Pavlíček (Šoltés, Guľa), Šille (Šoltés, Rosandić), Cehlárik (Šoltés, Šille) and GWS by Šille...

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 12:35 PM
  #272
Indian
Registered User
 
Indian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Košice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
And I thought Šoltés likes shooting more than passing :>

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:04 AM
  #273
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,437
vCash: 500
Excellent game by the U-20's this morning. Dano looked fantastic again, he showed great grit battling a much bigger and more physical Canadian team. They ended up overwhelmed, but the battling was great. They should have no trouble against the Germans and Latvians to easily stay in top division. Mikus looked good as well, as did Richard Mraz and Reway. There is talent coming through the system, no doubt.

__________________


Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:23 AM
  #274
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
We´re the new Switzerland, it seems, both men and U20...

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:28 AM
  #275
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
We´re the new Switzerland, it seems, both men and U20...
What do you mean by that?

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.