HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Sweden

Old
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
SH15

vCash: 500
The Sens not releasing Zibanejad is so incredibly selfish and flat out wrong. I hope he jets for free agency as soon as he can. The Sens clearly don't care about him as a person. It's not like the A is clearly far better for his development either. When it's debateable like this case, let the player choose.

SH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:21 PM
xVolchenkov

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH15 View Post
The Sens not releasing Zibanejad is so incredibly selfish and flat out wrong. I hope he jets for free agency as soon as he can. The Sens clearly don't care about him as a person. It's not like the A is clearly far better for his development either. When it's debateable like this case, let the player choose.
He chose himself not to go and stay with Binghamton. Ottawa didn't choose for him.

Last edited by stv11: 12-06-2012 at 07:33 AM.
xVolchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:24 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelace View Post
He chose himself not to go and stay with Binghamton. Ottawa didn't choose for him.
there is a quote that someone posted a couple days back from zibanejad that was something like "its the world junior championships, of course I want to go. but that's not my decision and i will do as im told." it was something along those lines. very diplomatic answer to the press which is a good sign as a young kid

Last edited by stv11: 12-06-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: qdp
bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:27 PM
xVolchenkov

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
there is a quote that someone posted a couple days back from zibanejad that was something like "its the world junior championships, of course I want to go. but that's not my decision and i will do as im told." it was something along those lines. very diplomatic answer to the press which is a good sign as a young kid
I haven't been following it to closely, so I defiantly could be wrong, but last I heard was that the final choice was his, but Ottawa wanted him to stay. Not a "no, you can't go."

xVolchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:24 AM
DaveH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelace View Post
I haven't been following it to closely, so I defiantly could be wrong, but last I heard was that the final choice was his, but Ottawa wanted him to stay. Not a "no, you can't go."
yes, you are definitely wrong.

DaveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Nash

Just curious where Swedish posters see the team finishing this year. Losing Klefbom, Brodin and Zibanejad really hurts this squad. The returning players weren't really core guys last year. There are many young undrafted players on the camp list. WJC is generally won by the 19 year olds on your team.

I see a big drop off from last year, but after winning gold with a great squad, that shouldn't be too unexpected. Finns and Czech have decent teams/talent this year as well. That pool won't be as easy as some may think.

Last edited by Nash: 12-06-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Just curious where Swedish posters see the team finishing this year. Losing Klefbom, Brodin and Zibanejad really hurts this squad. The returning players weren't really core guys last year. There are many young undrafted players on the camp list. WJC is generally won by the 19 year olds on your team.

I see a big drop off from last year, but after winning gold with a great squad, that shouldn't be too unexpected. Finns and Czech have decent teams/talent this year as well. That pool won't be as easy as some may think.
Losing Klefbom and Brodin hurts more than losing Zibby. Sweden have several forwards just as good as Zibanejad. Both Forsberg and Collberg will be better this year than last year. E.Lindholm will do well too, you'll see.

It will be a tough and intereresting WJC with no clear favourite. But I dont think Sweden can manage to defend the gold. Obviously I still hope they do, that would be awsome.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 06:11 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post

Gonna be 3rd or 4th favorite like most years. Sweden missing out on returnees/top players is the norm by now. Last year no Landeskog and A.Larsson. Year before no Landeskog and OEL, year before that no Hedman or Karlsson. Other teams are stronger than last year while Sweden remains about the same, that's the biggest difference. But hey, win the group and you're in the semis.

A lot of talk about the defense but not much talk about the goaltending. Sweden has questionmarks in net and no clear starter.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:32 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Gonna be 3rd or 4th favorite like most years. Sweden missing out on returnees/top players is the norm by now. Last year no Landeskog and A.Larsson. Year before no Landeskog and OEL, year before that no Hedman or Karlsson. Other teams are stronger than last year while Sweden remains about the same, that's the biggest difference. But hey, win the group and you're in the semis.

A lot of talk about the defense but not much talk about the goaltending. Sweden has questionmarks in net and no clear starter.
I think the defense will look fine until we face one of the NA teams. All the guys are used to handle pro forwards by now, but I suspect when facing Canada they won't know what hit them.

I hope Dansk is the starter. The games with Erie I've been able to catch he's been standing tall despite being bombarded.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Berglund1313

To me it seems like the team is atleast as good as last years team. I dont expect them to win but i expect a Medal and i have the Russians as the favorit this year even if Canada get a very good team .

Berglund1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Noesen was one of the ones I heard of, can't remember the other one.

In any case, WJC will do more for Zibs development than 12 minutes per game in Bingo.
He gets much more then 12 a game in Bingo

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Fulcrum

meh... It's not all about development, but an honor in playing for your country.. how could some AHL team regular season compare? Sucks for Sweden, good for a town of Binghampton (?)... what can I say.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:30 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
I think the defense will look fine until we face one of the NA teams. All the guys are used to handle pro forwards by now, but I suspect when facing Canada they won't know what hit them.

I hope Dansk is the starter. The games with Erie I've been able to catch he's been standing tall despite being bombarded.
I hope he gets a shot, but the vibe and comments are that he's the 3rd string. That could change of course, the Swedish goaltending is definitely not set in stone.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:37 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
meh... It's not all about development, but an honor in playing for your country.. how could some AHL team regular season compare? Sucks for Sweden, good for a town of Binghampton (?)... what can I say.
agreed. and it's not like it would hurt his development either (imo).

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Jim Morrison

I have lost a lot of respect for the Ottawa Senators organization over the past couple of years.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Huffman

A good day for many of the guys.

Arvidsson 1+2
Lindholm 1+1
Pettersson 0+2
Djuse 1+0
Wennberg 0+1

Wennberg is now the top scorer in Djurgården. Lundström is also playing very well.

Last edited by Huffman: 12-06-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
I have lost a lot of respect for the Ottawa Senators organization over the past couple of years.
Or you're just coming to realize that NHL teams have their own interests.

It's not typical for this tournament to be held 11 hours time difference away.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:45 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post

Sure they do. The thing is a decision like this shouldn't even be done by a club. You have an official international event and that's it. Selected players play there.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post

I'm quite sure he did't only think about Zibby and the WJCs

I feel the same, but I wont go in on this on english, cuz it wouldn't make much sense I think..

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Dosing

Missed renbergs appearance on hockeykväll, anyone know if he revealed anything of worth? besides the roster

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosing View Post
Missed renbergs appearance on hockeykväll, anyone know if he revealed anything of worth? besides the roster
De ä svårt att säga men....watch it on svtplay, I missed it too.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosing View Post
Rönnberg*

Sure sounds like Lassinantti and Lundström will fight over the starting job in net. He said they'll get a game each in the exhibition games, and likely split time in the group stage aswell. One of the more interesting things I thought was that they're gonna bring in refs to the camp. Firstly to ref the intra-squad games of course, but also to talk and discuss about refereeing. It's an ongoing problem for the Swedish junior teams so it could be a good way to go I think, and hopefully reduce the amount of penalties taken in the tournament.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
I'm quite sure he did't only think about Zibby and the WJCs

I feel the same, but I wont go in on this on english, cuz it wouldn't make much sense I think..
Ya what else?

Old
12-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Sure they do. The thing is a decision like this shouldn't even be done by a club. You have an official international event and that's it. Selected players play there.
Just because those are the rules you want don't make them the rules.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:42 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
For doing what they believe is best for the development of their prospect?

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote