HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 08:51 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I've put in ~20 hours and am only level 45 I think, how do you guys level up so quickly?
Kill confirmed or Hardpoint. It's amazing how much XP you rack up defending the hard point.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:25 PM
southpaw24

Finally got my gold DSR tonight... Soo happy that's done lol. Also went 20 -1 with 4 caps and 4 defends tonight

Old
12-05-2012, 11:30 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
Finally got my gold DSR tonight... Soo happy that's done lol. Also went 20 -1 with 4 caps and 4 defends tonight
that's what I like too see

That's what I always wonder when people post their scores

Old
12-05-2012, 11:57 PM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Kill confirmed or Hardpoint. It's amazing how much XP you rack up defending the hard point.
KC is definitely a great XP-earning mode...

50XP for a kill is fine(its 100 in TD), but you get 100xp for the confirm, and 25xp if you Kill-Deny by grabbing a friendly tag...

So in reality, you can get 150 from each kill, and 25 from each friendly death

Old
12-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Nobody ever plays Hardpoint on Wii U. Do overall scores equal the amount of XP you get? Because my Domination scores are way higher than even my KC ones.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

I like domination. Capture kills are worth 200 each, defenders and attackers are like 125 or 150. If you play the flags, you will get points. I'm going to unlock flak jacket as my second permanent probably because I play so much domination.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

You know what's gay? Four guys camping with riot shields, flak jackets and tac masks in the bedroom on Raid.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
You know what's gay? Four guys camping with riot shields, flak jackets and tac masks in the bedroom on Raid.
I may have to converse with my buddies into doing this in an objective based game like Hardpoint or domination. I rarely ever play a game without flak jacket or tack mask, so it suits my play style fine.

12-06-2012, 07:23 AM
southpaw24

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
that's what I like too see

That's what I always wonder when people post their scores
Yeah man, I usually never just get the 2 round starting caps the just go kill. I'm always capping the round starter then sprinting to B flag. Most games I'll have at least a total of 8 caps and defends combined. Had a few game like 8 caps ans 14 defends but those are rare

Old
12-06-2012, 07:28 AM
RussianRocket10

Whenever I play objective games I get the worst teammates. Most of the time my team rarely gets the B flag on domination and if we do get it, we lose it within 30-45 seconds. If I play CTF, my team can never seem to capture the enemy flag or defend ours which leads to me being the only one defending so if I die then they get our flag. During the 2 games of capture the flag I played, the other team captured our flag 11 times and we captured theirs 0 times.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:05 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Most of the time, I don't bother capping the starting flag in Domination. It's more important to get in good position to battle for B, so if everyone is 2 seconds behind because the whole team goes to A, it can cost you the first half of the game. So, I usually rush with a silenced weapon and try to flank the people lurking around B.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:07 AM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Most of the time, I don't bother capping the starting flag in Domination. It's more important to get in good position to battle for B, so if everyone is 2 seconds behind because the whole team goes to A, it can cost you the first half of the game. So, I usually rush with a silenced weapon and try to flank the people lurking around B.
So true. The worst thing about playing Domination with randoms is that no one wants to go near B because they'll be exposed and probably get killed a couple of times. When I play with a couple of friends we win most of our Domination matches simply because we just keep throwing ourselves at B right from the start of the match.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I like to capture the starting flag because they are easy points, and every point counts for XP/personal statistical purposes, IMO.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
I may have to converse with my buddies into doing this in an objective based game like Hardpoint or domination. I rarely ever play a game without flak jacket or tack mask, so it suits my play style fine.

It's a dick move to do in tdm. Where's the fun in hiding in a room for 10 minutes?

Old
12-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Protest the Hero

I hate teammates who try and cap all flags at the start instead of defending the first two and trapping the other team in their spawn. Especially on maps where you can't easily run from flag to flag in time to defend them.

I Don't mind if one or two people do it, but usually the whole team sprints to the next flag after capping one, and getting killed in the process.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:12 PM
CycloneLaunch

Got to level 31 solo on Town last night, looking at the leaderboards can't believe people have made it into the 60's.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

I honestly think I get the Opening Move medal every domination game. I don't remember the last time I haven't . Or I die just before we cap B but a teammate still manages to cap it .

Old
12-06-2012, 01:34 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneLaunch View Post
Got to level 31 solo on Town last night, looking at the leaderboards can't believe people have made it into the 60's.
I can. Once you figure out all the spawn points and chain mechanics of the map, with some real cautious and patient play it's absolutely possible. For instance, don't run right at power up drops, it's a quick way to go down. Sprint and jump a lot. Don't gamble on running through lava of you've already been hit a few times. When you go down don't run up the stairs to get juggernog right away. 95% of the time zombies will spawn right at the door and trap you in the staircase. As carefully as you can keep running your chain until they've all spawned. When you run out of ammo fully just keep boxing until you get another good one. You should have more than enough money. I should have made it to 35+ by now but i keep failing to follow my own advice.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Satan
& try another year

Quote:
Hahahahaha that's awesome. I'm definitely doing that with my friends tonight.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Thats COD

Old
12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Whenever I play objective games I get the worst teammates. Most of the time my team rarely gets the B flag on domination and if we do get it, we lose it within 30-45 seconds. If I play CTF, my team can never seem to capture the enemy flag or defend ours which leads to me being the only one defending so if I die then they get our flag. During the 2 games of capture the flag I played, the other team captured our flag 11 times and we captured theirs 0 times.
This happens to me so much. Keep trying to play the objective while my team hangs back in our spawn. And then by end of the game I'm getting chirped for my **** k/d while owning 95% of the captures/defends. Sad thing is I often get the same playing in a party.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
This happens to me so much. Keep trying to play the objective while my team hangs back in our spawn. And then by end of the game I'm getting chirped for my **** k/d while owning 95% of the captures/defends. Sad thing is I often get the same playing in a party.
Yeah, I usually stick playing with 2 of my friends. One is pretty bad but goes for the objective constantly while one kind of kill camps, but oversees the objective.

I usually end up way on top of the leaderboards point wise, but usually only break even on my K/D

Old
12-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

I still don't get why they made this game so tight quarters. Why not have more ballanced maps?

Anyone have Halo 4 as well? What does it play like in comparison to this? Can I lone wolf or am I dependent on teammates? Can I win 2 on 1s or is gun damage low? I don`t want to trade this in for another game I will hate.

Last edited by Respect Your Edler: 12-06-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Richie10

The map designs in BO2 are either extremely submachine gun friendly or outright encouraging sniping. It's fairly weak design, as a whole, but not without its good points. Hijacked is essentially a perfected Nuketown - close quarters, shotgun friendly, SMG friendly, but plenty of cover to avoid making aerial killstreaks OP, as well as plenty of ways to flank a spawn. But on the other end of the spectrum you have something like Turbine, which plays exactly like something out of MW2. There's not much middle ground either.

I hope to god they re-release some of the pure midrange maps from BO1, something like Cracked, WMD, Jungle, Radiation. Those were fantastic, medium sized maps that allowed all manner of play: ARs, SMGs, even sniping. That sort of middle ground seems entirely absent from BO2. You're either committed to SMG rushing, or you're sitting back and sniping. Doesn't feel like balanced map designing.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Snipeshow

I have no issues with the maps. MW3 were awful, so maybe that's why I like them so much?

Closed Thread