Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

No More Lockout Blues! - 2012 Lockout Part 2 [UPD: AGREEMENT REACHED!]

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 09:29 PM
s1g

vCash: 500
It's so close. I want to see a game before Christmas. My body is ready for a Jumbo Jet Hot Dog, with bacon, cheese, and perogy pieces. My jersey is ready to have beer spilled on it while dishing out high 5s after a goal. My bladder is prepared to be tested to the limit while waiting in the bathroom line during intermission. I want to go shopping at Jets Gear while drunk, buying another Jets hat, even though I already have 4-5 sitting at home already. I don't even care who's at fault anymore. For the love of God and hockey, get er done boys!

Old
12-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Just because I commented doesnt mean I care

I used care about it, all the highs and lows... But then enough was enough.

You kind of get tired of being played after a while.
I'm of the same feeling KW. As far hockey is concerned, I'm content waiting for the WJC and watching our prospects. In the meantime, I've been doing a lot of reading and other real life things accomplished. I love hockey, but I love myself a hell of a lot more

Old
12-05-2012, 10:45 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 635
The podium has been put back in the media room in New York. Leads people to believe a statement will be made.
Also #podiumwatch is trending on twitter because of this

Old
12-05-2012, 11:23 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234

Old
12-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Podium Watch! the mood is tense, I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this, I uh.. Ching... King is inside right now I tried to get an interview with him but they said nope you can't do that he's a live podium he will literally rip your face off...

Hey!, you're making me look stupid. GET OUT HERE, Podium Jerk!

Old
12-05-2012, 11:59 PM
tbcwpg

Hoping to get to see a game on NYE, and keep the tradition alive. Still not getting my hopes up too much though.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:07 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Hainsey spoke on behalf of the NHLPA which is interesting. Pretty much said they had candid discussions and plan to meet tomorrow.
Movement in the right direction. I think we're either going to have a break through or this thing goes to hell quickly. Tomorrow will be huge.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Hainsey spoke on behalf of the NHLPA which is interesting. Pretty much said they had candid discussions and plan to meet tomorrow.
Movement in the right direction. I think we're either going to have a break through or this thing goes to hell quickly. Tomorrow will be huge.
What is also interesting is that Bobby Mac tweeted that tonights meeting(s) had only 3 owners and far few players involved. Obviously Hainsey is pretty pivotal in the process if he is among the handful of 750+ players in the NHL. Also, would be curious if Chipman was among the 3 owners. Kind of neat to see a Jets player and owner involved in what can be described as an integral point of the CBA the process to save the season. (Bobby Mac sees this particular process as the be-all-end-all of the process)

Old
12-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Also interesting to learn that at the end of the meetings, along with Hainsey, were: Malholtra, a respected player and advocate around the league, and Kevin Westgarth, a well spoken Princeton grad who is very grounded in dialogue and conceptualizes issues very well.

If you ask me, this all points to things going in the right direction. Both parties have shown to chose the right personnel to get things done.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:15 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
lawl someone added this to Hainsey's wikipedia page:

After a day of marathon bargaining sessions on December 5th, 2012, Hainsey emerged to tell the media that both sides planned to meet again the next day.[3]

Old
12-06-2012, 02:55 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Some of the stuff coming out doesnt sound overly positive. We'll have to wait and see what tomorrow is like.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:09 AM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Some of the stuff coming out doesnt sound overly positive. We'll have to wait and see what tomorrow is like.
Not sure either way at this point nor am I that emotionally involved which makes it all easier to watch

Sounds like the first day was easy cheesy blue sky stuff where everyone was loose and saying things that have not been said to date.......both sides finally admitting to things they would give on and new MODERATE voices of reason from the owners that were a breath of fresh air. Not having Gary and Don at the table probably allowed some on both sides to relax and focus. last night on TSN Lebrun and McKenzie said yesterday was tougher because it was the day they had to start getting it on paper and the players slowed the pace which "somewhat" frustrated the owners and also both sides felt the other might not be givin enough. Bob and Pierre said that it was bound to happen and the fact that they kept hammering on it is a good thing. The boys on the panel were mentioning the sledding will be tough now and it could go either way but both sides are closer, talking, and ARE NEGOCIATING FINALLY?

I am not sure who the 3 owners were in the room out of the 6 but the panel mentioned a few of them had prior obligations which makes sense since these are busy guys and the new group was hastily assembled. I am sure as soon as they are able they will reengage.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:28 AM
SensibleGuy

i'm pleased to hear they are talking about a ten year agreement. that would be fantastic...

i'm cautiously optimistic. I think alot of the players have realized that losing much more of the year is only hurting them and really makes this a total no-win situation for them...

Old
12-06-2012, 08:36 AM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Not sure either way at this point nor am I that emotionally involved which makes it all easier to watch

Sounds like the first day was easy cheesy blue sky stuff where everyone was loose and saying things that have not been said to date.......both sides finally admitting to things they would give on and new MODERATE voices of reason from the owners that were a breath of fresh air. Not having Gary and Don at the table probably allowed some on both sides to relax and focus. last night on TSN Lebrun and McKenzie said yesterday was tougher because it was the day they had to start getting it on paper and the players slowed the pace which "somewhat" frustrated the owners and also both sides felt the other might not be givin enough. Bob and Pierre said that it was bound to happen and the fact that they kept hammering on it is a good thing. The boys on the panel were mentioning the sledding will be tough now and it could go either way but both sides are closer, talking, and ARE NEGOCIATING FINALLY?

I am not sure who the 3 owners were in the room out of the 6 but the panel mentioned a few of them had prior obligations which makes sense since these are busy guys and the new group was hastily assembled. I am sure as soon as they are able they will reengage.
Players insisting on having Fehr back in the room. To quote Star Wars: I have a bad feeling about this...

Old
12-06-2012, 10:01 AM
DespoticNewt

Because I work nights, I'm now going to bed. With Bettman and Don back in the room, I'm expecting a smoking crater when I wake up.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Bob E

It would be sheer stupidity to not get a deal after some concessions have been made and the differences no longer seem all that monumental.

I'm hopeful for a deal, more now - at this point - than ever before.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:29 AM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
It would be sheer stupidity to not get a deal after some concessions have been made and the differences no longer seem all that monumental.

I'm hopeful for a deal, more now - at this point - than ever before.
You're abolutely right and I was hopeful yesterday. Not now though. I've got a bad feeling this is going to fall apart today. I really hope that I'm wrong.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:44 AM
tbcwpg

Someone brought up on the main board that the reason that the PA is pushing so hard for a 5 year CBA could be that the following year would be the NHL's 100th season, and the players will have a ton of leverage the next time around.

I feel that the owners would rather kill this season and take 5 years starting NEXT year, than take 5 years now.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:47 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Someone brought up on the main board that the reason that the PA is pushing so hard for a 5 year CBA could be that the following year would be the NHL's 100th season, and the players will have a ton of leverage the next time around.

I feel that the owners would rather kill this season and take 5 years starting NEXT year, than take 5 years now.
How will they have a ton of leverage then? What does the centennial mark matter in this?

Edit: Oh, I get it now. The NHL would love to celebrate the centennial year. The players dictating the CBA to end just before it would be a significant feather in their cap.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post

Is the 2005 season counted as a "season" for the 100 years?

If not they could just delay the season indefinitely and call the 100th season the next season they play... haha.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
It's so close. I want to see a game before Christmas. My body is ready for a Jumbo Jet Hot Dog, with bacon, cheese, and perogy pieces. My jersey is ready to have beer spilled on it while dishing out high 5s after a goal. My bladder is prepared to be tested to the limit while waiting in the bathroom line during intermission. I want to go shopping at Jets Gear while drunk, buying another Jets hat, even though I already have 4-5 sitting at home already. I don't even care who's at fault anymore. For the love of God and hockey, get er done boys!
Me too. And the funny thing is I buy caps even though I don't like wearing caps. They sit on hooks at home.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Me too. And the funny thing is I buy caps even though I don't like wearing caps. They sit on hooks at home.
Maybe you'll go bald one day and they'll look retro.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Per Kelly Moore:

Kelly Moore @KellyMooreCJOB
.@680cjob #NHL and #NHLPA Reach a Tentative Agreement. To meet this afternoon.
2 minutes ago

I have no idea if this guy is in the loop but he just tweeted this.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:39 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
Per Kelly Moore:

Kelly Moore @KellyMooreCJOB
.@680cjob #NHL and #NHLPA Reach a Tentative Agreement. To meet this afternoon.
2 minutes ago

I have no idea if this guy is in the loop but he just tweeted this.
.... I hope so lol

Old
12-06-2012, 12:45 PM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
Wait, what section do you sit in? There's a lot of beer spilled in our section.

Closed Thread