HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Future projection:five years down the road

Old
12-05-2012, 05:38 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
I'd like to give a try at what we'd look like , say 15 years from now, since we're into long term projections. Keeping trades in mind, busts and future NHLers now playing atom or peewee, here is the list..

Johnson - Nenokov- Kunz
Jasper - Wilson - Fennell
Hopell - Juergens - Vovchinsky
Smith - Bencey - Flagrant

On D, we roll with the following stars...

Jensen - Vilnov (should be solid for years)
Herkel - Fermansky
Wetland - Forlund

Khabibulin/Nimrod in net
I dont know if I see Wilson as the #2 center, more of a LW or 3rd liner. Cant believe youd write off Flagrant this early though

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:06 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
if they all develop properly, id LOVE to see a thrid line of MPS-Lander-Harti,
all would be elite shutdown players, but still have enough offense to get by as a 3rd line.
I could see MPS(15-20 G, 20-25 A for 35-45 P) Lander 10-15 G, 20 A for 30-35 P) and Harti(10 G, 20 A for 30 P) easily
I don't see PRV or Lander getting that many points on the 3rd line but I do see that trio being a nice 3rd line. I am not sure about Harti being on the 3rd line or Pitlick. One of them hopefully will be able to play on the 2nd line as a winger with size.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
So we deal him for what seems to be nothing? hmmmm, thats poor asset management.
no, he just doesn't know what we will deal him for.

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
I see Jasper as a PRV type, won't quite live up to his potential, lacks the ability to score at the pro level. I do think you're underestimating Flagrant's potential though.
I'd have something more like:

Johnson - Nenokov- Kunz
Hopell - Wilson - Flagrant
Smith - Juergens - Fennell
Jasper - Bencey - Vovchinsky

Jensen - Vilnov
Forlund - Fermansky
Wetland - Herkel

Khabibulin/Nimrod

I also switched Forlund & Herkel so there's a RHD & LHD in each pairing.

Nice job and good points. Not sure I have a lot of confidence in Herkel yet, as his mom says he is still a bed wetter.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I dont know if I see Wilson as the #2 center, more of a LW or 3rd liner. Cant believe youd write off Flagrant this early though
Wilson is a tough dude. Already suspended from school for fighting twice this year.

As for Flagrant, he never played a shift in overtime in last years gold medal game in minor hockey week, so I've lost some confidence in him.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:15 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Wilson is a tough dude. Already suspended from school for fighting twice this year.

As for Flagrant, he never played a shift in overtime in last years gold medal game in minor hockey week, so I've lost some confidence in him.
One of our Millwoods posters says they heard the Flagrants Timbits coach say he was the best player on the team when he played with them

Old
12-06-2012, 08:19 PM
robbiezyg

vCash: 1234
Quote:
So we deal him for what seems to be nothing? hmmmm, thats poor asset management.
and your lineup would never win a game

robbiezyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
One of our Millwoods posters says they heard the Flagrants Timbits coach say he was the best player on the team when he played with them
I've heard from some North End posters that he and his agent are considering leaving millwoods hockey and joining the eagles next season for Atom can anyone confirm this?

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 08:59 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I've heard from some North End posters that he and his agent are considering leaving millwoods hockey and joining the eagles next season for Atom can anyone confirm this?
Greasy move, he told his coach AND Gm that he was commited to his team. Stupid CBA loopholes. Questionable character move

Old
12-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Aerchon

Hall (Either a high draft pick, or returns from Gagner and or Hemsky) Yak
Harti RNH Eberle
MP ???(Maybe Lander but doubtful) Jones
Zharkov/Khaira/Moroz ??? Pitlick

Klefbom Shultz
Smid Petry
Marincin Gernat/Simpson/Davidson/Musil

Dub/??? and Bunz/Roy/???

We do have a great group of prospects. Our hole is Center and maybe goaltending. We should be able to draft or trade for our centers in the next five years by trading away vets like Gagner/Hemsky/Whitney/Shultz. I like all those players, especialy Hemsky but with a lower cap there is no way we could afford them.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Broilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post
My best guess-

Yakupov-RNH-Eberle
Hall-XXX-Rieder
Hartikainen-Lander-Paajarvi
Moroz/Zharkov-Ewanyk-Pitlick

Schultz-Marincin
Klefbom-Gernat/Smid/Petry
Musil-Laleggia

Bunz
XXX
Rieder, Lander, Pääjärvi, Laleggia will not be this team. Gagner, Smid, Petry and Gernat will be with the Oilers. Maybe even DD

Broilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broilers View Post
Rieder, Lander, Pääjärvi, Laleggia will not be this team. Gagner, Smid, Petry and Gernat will be with the Oilers. Maybe even DD
What's wrong with Laleggia?

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:52 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broilers View Post
5 Years is a hell of long time to try to project forward... but I certainly wouldn't bet for certain that Gagner, Smid, Petry and Gernat would all be with the Oilers.

Gagner is trade bait and as soon as the Oilers have a better #2 C option he'll be gone imo. The only thing really keeping him in Edmonton so far is the fact that they simply have no better #2 C and we all keep waiting for Gagner to fulfill his potential... I'm sure there's some of that exact same feeling among Oilers coaching and management.

Smid... could be gone as a ufa, could be injured... who knows. I'd say he should probably still be here.. but not a certainty.

Petry... my guess would be no actually. In 5 years he could very well be traded away or surpassed by others in the system. With players like J Schultz, Marincin, Klefbom, Gernat, Musil etc... there is no guarantee that Petry is still around in 5 years.

Gernat... again, who knows... he isn't even close to sniffing the NHL at this stage so to say he's a lock in 5 years is a leap. Odds are actually probably against him but certainly it's no better than a coin toss if he becomes an Oilers regular or not.

As for Rieder, Lander, Pääjärvi, Laleggia....

I think Rieder could actually be a good bet to make it in a two way defensive/pk forward type role. If he develops into a Peca type player he could have a long NHL career as a solid 3rd line type forward.

Lander... I'd probably agree... at this point he's looking very marginal. Lots of leadership, maturity and defensive awareness but almost zero hands. 4th liner at best... likely playing in Europe in 5 years time.

MPS... a toss up... could still develop into a 3rd line type pk/defensive forward but his lack of hockey iq and offensive skills will hold him back. I'd be leaning towards him not being on the Oilers in 5 years as well... but his speed and big body will likely have him sticking around as a marginal NHL player bouncing around from team to team for years to come.

Laleggia... too much offensive talent not to get a shot at an NHL spot at some point. Whether he sticks as a regular is the question. Odds are against him BUT he's looking very good at every level he's played so far and people think he shouldn't make it because of his size but I personally think he could surprise a lot of people. If I were to bet I'd say he is on an NHL roster in 5 years though maybe not on the Oilers.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote