HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wings' spare parts for defense

Old
12-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Flames rebuilder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
I actually might be more interested in this than Quincey/1st/Frk.

Simply because getting JBo in this deal would give the Wings this defense:

Kronwall/White
JBo/Smith
Kindl/Ericsson
Colaiacovo

Kronwall is the only guy on that unit who is 30+. Upgrading Quincey to Jbo might be worth losing Sproul instead of the 1st, as the 1st could potentially be a better player anyway.
I'd prefer the 1st+Frk but wouldn't be disappointed in the return either way. Sproul looks like he could be a stud one day.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:50 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
I'd prefer the 1st+Frk but wouldn't be disappointed in the return either way. Sproul looks like he could be a stud one day.
What if we drop the 1st and Nemisz and just make it

JBouw

for

Quincy, Frk, 2013 3rd (Conditionally becomes a 2nd if Detroit makes the playoffs and break JBouws curse ).

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:54 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

JBouw

for

Quincy, Frk, 2013 3rd (Conditionally becomes a 2nd if Detroit makes the playoffs and break JBouws curse ).
I'd probably do it.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:57 AM
pdd

Quote:

JBouw

for

Good for me. Now we just need the lockout to end, and we can talk to Feaster and Holland about it...

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:

JBouw

for

What about JayBo+Nemisz for Quincey+Sproul+2nd no conditions

Old
12-06-2012, 11:07 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
What about JayBo+Nemisz for Quincey+Sproul+2nd no conditions
I, personally don't really think Sproul is that great, and I would rather the riskier Frk.

I also think Detroit is a little more reluctant to give him up. If they wanted to make that trade though, I wouldn't say it was bad for us or anything though.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:09 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Wings get hosed considering Quincey's stats are nearly identical to Bouwmeester's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I don't think it's that far off, as an outsider anyway. Bouwmeester, for all the crap he gets with that contract, has been the first defenseman the Flames have had in the last few years that had me legitimately worried about getting only crap scoring chances. Quincey isn't even in the same conversation, but Frk and a 1st for Nemisz is a little more then the difference between the two defenders. Calgary adds a little IMO, but J-Bo would be the best quality defender available that wouldn't cost an arm, a leg and Frk and that 1st.
nemeisz is garbage, pick someone else and maybe we'd consider.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:10 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
But those are god damn gross.
i like the old fashioned...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:11 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
nemeisz is garbage, pick someone else and maybe we'd consider.
I'm probably going to regret asking but, based on what exactly?

Old
12-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
I, personally don't really think Sproul is that great, and I would rather the riskier Frk.

I also think Detroit is a little more reluctant to give him up. If they wanted to make that trade though, I wouldn't say it was bad for us or anything though.
Either is good. Sproul's 6'4/200 and putting up good numbers, Frk would have went higher if not for his injury. I'd like both

Old
12-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Calgary doesn't take much less, otherwise there's no point in moving him. If the wings want to keep there 1st, they'll have to upgrade the prospect. JayBo for Quincey+Sproul
I would do that in a second. I like Quincey but he isn't that special. Sproul may or may not turn out but I would much rather have the sure thing in Jaybo. This means we have no shot at Edler in free agency but we basically have no chance anyways. I would be more than happy with Jaybo.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 03:42 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
I would do that in a second. I like Quincey but he isn't that special. Sproul may or may not turn out but I would much rather have the sure thing in Jaybo. This means we have no shot at Edler in free agency but we basically have no chance anyways. I would be more than happy with Jaybo.
I would much rather trade one of our wing players than Sproul. We have too many top 6 potential wingers as it is. I realize it would take one we are more certain of paning out, but that is the position we should be trading out. XO and Sproul should be protected unless it is something special. JayBo isn't special. I would probably part with one of Frk/Pulkkinen/Tatar along with Quincey for him but that is it.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I would much rather trade one of our wing players than Sproul. We have too many top 6 potential wingers as it is. I realize it would take one we are more certain of paning out, but that is the position we should be trading out. XO and Sproul should be protected unless it is something special. JayBo isn't special. I would probably part with one of Frk/Pulkkinen/Tatar along with Quincey for him but that is it.
I would much rather trade Tatar or Mursak with Quincey for Jaybo but if Calgary offered us that I would be furious if Holland declined. We have a pretty young d core with:

Kronwall - 31
White - 28
Ericsson - 28
Smith - 23
Kindl - 25

And then Jaybo at 29 if we made the trade. Make the trade and allow Smith to slowly reach his potential. We're set at forward prospects. In goal we have Howard, Monster, and Mrazek who could challenge Howard down the road. The only spot we're weak at is D prospects which we could focus on in upcoming drafts.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:15 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
I would much rather trade Tatar or Mursak with Quincey for Jaybo but if Calgary offered us that I would be furious if Holland declined. We have a pretty young d core with:

Kronwall - 31
White - 28
Ericsson - 28
Smith - 23
Kindl - 25

And then Jaybo at 29 if we made the trade. Make the trade and allow Smith to slowly reach his potential. We're set at forward prospects. In goal we have Howard, Monster, and Mrazek who could challenge Howard down the road. The only spot we're weak at is D prospects which we could focus on in upcoming drafts.
I'd like to argue we're weak on defense. Ouellet, Sproul are obvious and I think that's due to being in the CHL they get noticed more, but Backman and Marchenko are two guys that I think are very good as well. I think all 4 have top 4 upside. Then you have Jensen who I feel could be a top 6 PMD, but I don't think with Detroit. Then quite a few guys who could be #6 guys, but to early to tell, Nedomlel, McKee, De Haas, Nicastro, and maybe a couple I'm forgetting. I think we are weak at scoring for center only.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
I'd like to argue we're weak on defense. Ouellet, Sproul are obvious and I think that's due to being in the CHL they get noticed more, but Backman and Marchenko are two guys that I think are very good as well. I think all 4 have top 4 upside. Then you have Jensen who I feel could be a top 6 PMD, but I don't think with Detroit. Then quite a few guys who could be #6 guys, but to early to tell, Nedomlel, McKee, De Haas, Nicastro, and maybe a couple I'm forgetting. I think we are weak at scoring for center only.
Exactly. As big of loss as Lidstrom would be to any team, I think Detroit's D, as of now, is underrated. Let's just see what camp brings before trading away guys.

12-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Miller for Franson?

Maybe leafs can add for Mursak as well
Drew Miller? Why?

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:07 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Drew Miller? Why?
Miller's about as solid all-around a bottom-sixer as there is in the league. Babcock doesn't seem to like him very much though.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:12 AM
johnsic

Drew Miller and Jonathan Ericsson for Roman Hamrlik and Jeff Schultz.

johnsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Animus

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsic View Post
Drew Miller and Jonathan Ericsson for Roman Hamrlik and Jeff Schultz.
Woah! You get a decent forward and defensemen still learning while Detroit gets back two road cones....

Has anyone factored in that (Assuming this season is basically a wash - which it should be as of now) Ian White's contract with Detroit would be over.

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

If it were possible, I'd love to ship out Anton Volchenkov for a forward prospect and picks.

Our blueline is already full atm and we have a couple of promising youngsters who are bound to crack our lineup in the next couple of years (Merrill, Gélinas, Urbom, etc).

We are in desperate need of some depth up front, especially on the right side, so maybe something around Jurco/Pulkkinen/Frk?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Miller's about as solid all-around a bottom-sixer as there is in the league. Babcock doesn't seem to like him very much though.
F That.

Bottom sixers who look good on great teams with a ton of structure are a dime a dozen. I can't even begin to fathom how amazing guys like Tyler Bozak would look if they played specific, limited roles on the bottom lines of a team like Detroit. No thanks.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote