Notices

Sinitsyn bringing his game up to speed with UMass-Lowell

Old
10-30-2012, 02:15 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Sinitsyn bringing his game up to speed with UMass-Lowell

During the University of Massachusetts-Lowell's final game against Colorado College earlier this season, defenseman Dmitry Sinitsyn yelled to fellow blueliner Jake Suter in the offensive zone.

Suter looked over at the young 18-year-old and could only wonder what on earth this red shirt freshman from Moscow, Russia was trying to tell him.

“I got back to the bench and said ‘What were you saying?’ Suter explained.  “(Sinitsyn) said ‘I don’t know. I got excited and yelled Russian.’

“I’m learning all kinds of things,” Suter laughed.

Just as much as Suter and his teammates are learning from this 2012 seventh round draft pick (183rd overall) of the Dallas Stars they are also teaching this highly-skilled Russian defenseman a few things as he adjusts to the North American game.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

"Currently Sinitsyn is taking a variety of classes at UML such as Supporting the Universe and Spanish II. Though it comes as no surprise, the Russian’s hardest class is College Writing II."

I thought this was priceless, what is Bryzgalov his guidance counselor? LMAO, must be mandatory in Russia.

Last edited by Karitimes: 10-30-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Haha that was the first thing I thought of as well.

Its a great article though, and shows just how much of a project he really is. He's essentially at least developmentally a year behind most of the rest of his draft class. So even if he doesnt put much up in terms of points this season, definitely cant write him off because of it.

-Vagrant
Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 10:51 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
I've been trying to figure out why Sinitsyn DNP in the last Lowell game but haven't had any luck.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:06 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
I did find this though in reference to the events of Friday's game:
We were particularly impressed with Dmitry Sinitsyn, who often looked befuddled in Colorado last weekend, but who made only one egregious mistake last night, and more than made up for it with a number of very strong, attention-getting plays of different varieties. His passes were crisp, his understanding of the space in which could to work allowed him to get out of a few fixes, and his decision-making was on point. This, we imagine, is what Dallas saw in him when it took him as a seventh-round pick despite the fact that he hadn’t played competitive hockey in a year, and if it’s an indication of where the kid’s ceiling is — playing like that against inarguably the best team in the nation, in Lowell’s most important game of the early season — then we’re getting very excited.
http://theiceislife.wordpress.com/20...omething-more/

Might be a blog to keep an eye on for info as the season goes along.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM
josra33

He's a player that by definition is Russian, but shouldn't be considered a Russian Flight Risk. This guy is all-american. Speaks Russian, English and Spanish (should come in handy in Texas).Really wanted to stay after his student visa expired. Hence the not playing after the AAA Under 16. He wants to stay in the States.

For reference, in a sim league of mine, I picked him up in the late 5th round. I think he would have slid because no one knows about him but didn't want to take the chance. He is obviously a project, but the college route will be good for him. Probably a start in the ECHL or AHL after college.

josra33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:10 AM
ScottK

The article is incorrect. The class is named "Exploring the Universe", and it's a basic astronomy class.

Sinitsyn has been in and out of the UML lineup like many of the freshmen this season. The team is struggling to start and the coach keeps shuffling the lines/pairs in an effort to find combos that click.

ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 06:33 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
The article is incorrect. The class is named "Exploring the Universe", and it's a basic astronomy class.
Your investigative work matched mine. It's an ordinary science class.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:02 AM
ScottK

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Your investigative work matched mine. It's an ordinary science class.
No investigative work needed - I'm a UMass-Lowell alum and season ticket holder. I know the professor who teaches the class.

ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote