HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: ...Reticulating Splines...

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
congrats mate. what kinda doc do you plan to become?
No clue, thats a minimum of 7 years away but I think pediatrics would be cool.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaris View Post
I did it.

Holy crap I did it.

Im gonna be a doctor.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

just in time for the holidays

Old
12-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post

Old
12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

I have often been told that I resemble Adam.

Also, I would like to offer up a very belated congratulations to Big Mac for his status as Moderator! Well deserved!

Old
12-05-2012, 08:09 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Man my sleeping patterns are ****ed.

When I'm supposed to be sleepy, I'm wide awake. When I'm supposed to be awake, I'm out like a light.

Sleeping from noon-7PM today is not fun. I keep wasting my day by sleeping for such onorthadox periods of time.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I have terrible sleeping patterns myself.

12-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Me too.

I cracked and got a Wii U today, after skipping Nintendo's last two consoles and finding the N64 to be a dud. I'm not expecting miracles.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
12-06-2012, 01:41 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Nintendo pretty much blows anymore. As far as the wii, I have an xbox with kinect and its 10x better. I haven't tried the wii u, though.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

Motion gaming appeals to me about as much as going to the dentist (so the Wii was never a serious option for me, especially since one of my long-time roommates had one for the one and only game I ever wanted to play on it, Smash Bros...he literally only had one other game for the system (Super Mario Galaxy)) and the GameCube was hard to take seriously (and didn't have much of anything that interested me)...but I miss the classics. Honestly half the reason I bought it was for the marketplace thing and the ability to play all the great games I loved when I was younger that I no longer have. Well that and New Super Mario Bros. U.

I bought a couple original Wii games too...but I can't play them (or access the marketplace) because I don't have an original Wii remote. The behemoth gamepad and the Wii U Pro (which is basically exactly the same thing as the ****ing Wii Classic controller) don't do anything in 'Wii Mode'.

Ugh.

Man, I wish Sega was still in the business of making consoles and kickass games...instead of just making crappy games and re-releasing 12 year old games for every platform imaginable. Real gaming died along with the Dreamcast.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:53 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Motion gaming appeals to me about as much as going to the dentist (so the Wii was never a serious option for me, especially since one of my long-time roommates had one for the one and only game I ever wanted to play on it, Smash Bros...he literally only had one other game for the system (Super Mario Galaxy)) and the GameCube was hard to take seriously (and didn't have much of anything that interested me)...but I miss the classics. Honestly half the reason I bought it was for the marketplace thing and the ability to play all the great games I loved when I was younger that I no longer have. Well that and New Super Mario Bros. U.

I bought a couple original Wii games too...but I can't play them (or access the marketplace) because I don't have an original Wii remote. The behemoth gamepad and the Wii U Pro (which is basically exactly the same thing as the ****ing Wii Classic controller) don't do anything in 'Wii Mode'.

Ugh.

Man, I wish Sega was still in the business of making consoles and kickass games...instead of just making crappy games and re-releasing 12 year old games for every platform imaginable. Real gaming died along with the Dreamcast.
Yeah the Wii is a gimmicky joke IMO. My fiancee has one. I've never seen the appeal of it myself, but I finally broke down a few weeks ago and played it for the first time. After about 5 minutes I thought it was just as silly and lame as I always had thought it was.

Personally when it comes to gaming, I'll stick with my PS3. Although I wish my PS3 Slim still had backwards compatability with PS2 games like how my original PS3 did. Sadly my original one bit the dust.

Stupid Sony.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Shady Machine

I don't like new video games. I'm not interested in Call of Duty or any of those types of games. I miss action RPG's that have real storylines. Kingdom Hearts 2 was the last game I was really into. So bummed they never made a 3rd edition for PS3. I have a PS3 and a Wii and I think I have 5 games total.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Nintendo consoles have been tough since N64. They all have a small selection of very good games. Playstation just has so many more good games in that time. Nintendo was king in college though. Gamecube had Super Smash Bros Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash. Therefore it was the best system of that generation for a college student. I wouldn't have traded those two games for the entire xbox library. Add in the Mario sports games and it wasn't even close. Tennis was the best, but Strikers and Sluggers were both very solid. Throw in games like Windwaker, Resident Evil 4, Pikmin and Metroid Prime and the Gamecube had a pretty awesome line-up actually. PS2 had more good games -- especially if you like RPGs or Hack and Slash action games -- but the Gamecube line-up was head and shoulders better than the original XBox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Yeah the Wii is a gimmicky joke IMO. My fiancee has one. I've never seen the appeal of it myself, but I finally broke down a few weeks ago and played it for the first time. After about 5 minutes I thought it was just as silly and lame as I always had thought it was.
What game did you play? The number of good games on Wii isn't great, but there are some awesome games available. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are both awesome. Metroid Prime 3 is excellent. SSBB, Fire Emblem, Punch-Out, Donkey Kong Country Returns, The Last Story, Zelda Skyward Sword, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Paper Mario, Monster Hunter Tri. A lot of those barely use the gimicks of the Wii much. Some of them use the motion controls very well like MP3 or Zelda SS. I don't buy 50 games for a console so for me that's plenty of good games to be worth owning a console. I'd take almost all of these over call of duty, halo or gears of war. The biggest reason I got a PS3 was for sports games and Uncharted.

Last edited by Ogrezilla: 12-06-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old
12-06-2012, 08:49 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

There are tons of awesome new games out there. I switched from playstation to xbox and have been more than happy with the selection of racing, sports, fps, and rpg games.

One rpg I was real into recently is the witcher 2....fantastic imo

Old
12-06-2012, 08:51 AM
hctopcheds11

I'm all about Xbox 360. Though TBH, alls I really play anymore is the NHL series. I've been dieing to try Assassins Creed as well....

Yeah and Sega Genesis ruled!

Old
12-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I've only played assassins creed 1 and it got super repetitive so I quit playing. I hear the rest are better about that but I haven't tried them.

The Witcher games are both great. I play them on the computer though so they aren't really in my console equation.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

The past few Nintendo systems all started out relatively weak, but by the end of their life cycles had amassed a library decent enough to warrant a purchase...which is part of the reason why I went with the Wii U...I'm buying it as much for the back-catalog of a joke system as well as well as the system itself...I probably won't end up with a ton of Wii games for it, but having that larger library helped me make the decision. Also I've been starving for Smash Bros...we used to play that almost nightly. First of all it seems like a more serious attempt at a gaming console than the original Wii was. It's not entirely based around a gimmick, as the console is actually powerful enough to run games that don't need to rely on the gimmick, which will help greatly on the third-party aspect (because you damn well know Nintendo is going to make full use of that screen with everything they release).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I don't like new video games. I'm not interested in Call of Duty or any of those types of games. I miss action RPG's that have real storylines. Kingdom Hearts 2 was the last game I was really into. So bummed they never made a 3rd edition for PS3. I have a PS3 and a Wii and I think I have 5 games total.
I miss JRPGs. That's a genre that's just about dead that probably isn't coming back. I've found myself re-playing those more than anything lately, thanks largely to stuff like PSN. I miss games like Suikoden, Grandia, Lunar, and Final Fantasy VII.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 12-06-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old
12-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

I've seriously considered buying one of those all-in-one retro consoles (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis) and just buying a ******** of awesome, nostalgic games for it. Modern consoles and games just don't really do it for me, I guess. I need all of the awesome Final Fantasy games of old, Secret of Mana, Zelda: A Link to the Past, etc.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:06 PM
66-29-33

I had this dream about this chick i used to date "online" via a chatroom back when i was 16 (she's from Florida), so i went and looked her up on facebook and there she is. Same name, same school. I havn't talked to her in 10 years, would it be creepy to add her or message her to see if it is her? looks like she works at hooters lol.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:07 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaris View Post
I did it.

Holy crap I did it.

Im gonna be a doctor.
Congrats man.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I've been playing Skyrim again and I realize how much I love this ****ing game. Nerd love.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
just in time for the holidays

This song needs more love. Long-time favourite.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
The past few Nintendo systems all started out relatively weak, but by the end of their life cycles had amassed a library decent enough to warrant a purchase...which is part of the reason why I went with the Wii U...I'm buying it as much for the back-catalog of a joke system as well as well as the system itself...I probably won't end up with a ton of Wii games for it, but having that larger library helped me make the decision. Also I've been starving for Smash Bros...we used to play that almost nightly. First of all it seems like a more serious attempt at a gaming console than the original Wii was. It's not entirely based around a gimmick, as the console is actually powerful enough to run games that don't need to rely on the gimmick, which will help greatly on the third-party aspect (because you damn well know Nintendo is going to make full use of that screen with everything they release).
there are a lot of Wii games that are very good with no or little use of the gimmick. I still think the Wii would have been way better by simply having more buttons on the controller.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
there are a lot of Wii games that are very good with no or little use of the gimmick. I still think the Wii would have been way better by simply having more buttons on the controller.
Over the course of the lifetime of the system, yes.

By the time the Wii had enough games on it that I wanted to play to actually consider buying the system it was in it's twilight. A huge part of the reason I talked myself into getting the Wii U was to play those games since the Wii U has a reasonable price point. I wasn't going to pay $130 for a dead system, but $300 for a new one that's backwards compatible? That's a much easier sell. I have little doubt that I'll play this far less than the other systems that eventually get released in this 8th Generation of systems (though I do think the previously fairly easy to define generation tag is going to be harder to define now, since Nintendo seems to be on a 5 year plan while Sony and Microsoft are on more of a 10 year plan...it's hard to remember that the Wii came out a full year after the 360 did), but I expect to pay twice as much for the others.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 12-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old
12-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Over the course of the lifetime of the system, yes.

By the time the Wii had enough games on it that I wanted to play it was in it's twilight. A huge part of the reason I talked myself into getting the Wii U was to play those games since the Wii U has a reasonable price point. I wasn't going to pay $130 for a dead system, but $300 for a new one that's backwards compatible? That's a much easier sell.
fair enough.

Closed Thread