HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 3: Offseason Edition

Old
12-06-2012, 09:16 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
block is now updated.

Listening to offers on:

M. Gaborik
R. Nash
M. Del Zotto
M. Sauer
M. Staal

I'm not shopping them, and I may not move any. At most, I'd move one of Gaborik and Nash, and one defenseman.

I'm much more likely to move one of the defenseman than the forwards.
what are you looking for in return for one of the dmen?

SUBdrewgANS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
what are you looking for in return for one of the dmen?
It is at the bottom of the trading block, but essentially all deals require a young, cheaper NHL replacement and an additional asset. (Obviously the quality of the assets depends on the player.)

For the two forwards, it starts with a premium LW prospect who is NHL-ready or young-NHLer + +

At the moment, opening night, my bottom six is:

M. Zuccarello (75, 2.5*) | K. Brodziak (80) | C. Thomas (22, 69, 3.0*)
M. Hrivik (22, 68, 3.0*) | O. Lindberg (22, 68, 3.5*) | J. Fasth (22, 68, 3.0*)

...crap.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-06-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:45 AM
matt1396

Fuss the link on the op goes to my old trade block. I'll have a new one up when I get home.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Jack de la Hoya

drafted RNH's little brother?

Noah Nugent-Hopkins (19, LW-PLY, 58 overall, 3.0*)
(drafted 60th overall)

Old
12-06-2012, 10:31 AM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerdom View Post
Wednesday 12am-Thursday 12am-1st day to send offers to your players
Thursday 12 am-Friday 12am-2nd day to send offers to players
Friday 12am-Saturday 12am-1st day to sign UFAs (July 1st)
Saturday12am-Sunday 10am (pending)-last day to sign UFAs
Sunday-Regular Season begins.
Thanks. The way some people on here were talking it felt like we were going to be hitting the UFA open market tomorrow!

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

If anybody is looking for depth players, Ottawa's got some:

Chris Neil (78, RW)
Erik Condra (78, RW)
Marc Methot (78, D)
Matt Gilroy (76, D)
Colin Greening (76, LW)

Looking for someone who can play on my 2nd line LW or my 1st line RW (willing to add to any deal) or draft picks.

Swift Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:39 AM
xX Hot Fuss

God EA is really ****ing things up. I'm going to have to have another "Untouchable Players" list.

I advance once every EA day so technically if its the 27th I have 3 more advances to work with. Ill advance again at 4pm today and then again at 12am tonight.

@Price and @ Gary, if you don't want to sign Dats and Giroux they'll be moved to the Untouchable list until the regular season starts and the cap becomes realistic.

**** EA!

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Price 89

Fuss I offered him a contract dunno if he will accept worst case I have a bunch of rfa's ill put whoever didn't sign on my untouchable list, that ok?

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
God EA is really ****ing things up. I'm going to have to have another "Untouchable Players" list.

I advance once every EA day so technically if its the 27th I have 3 more advances to work with. Ill advance again at 4pm today and then again at 12am tonight.

@Price and @ Gary, if you don't want to sign Dats and Giroux they'll be moved to the Untouchable list until the regular season starts and the cap becomes realistic.

**** EA!
Wait, why? I wasn't around last year, why would guys who hit July 1 be "untouchable"

I was working on the assumption of the original schedule, so I stopped trying to put too much downward pressure on the guys demands.

EDIT: Ok. I think I understand. The issue is the offseason cap-space. I thought that we had decided GMs had to make due with that, so I cut some guys loose that I would have preferred to resign.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-06-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old
12-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Gary83*

Quote:

**** EA!
I'll probably re-sign him still, it's just pretty sad when my "lowball" offer to Giroux is 9.5 lol.

At worst I'll sign him at the 10.5 he's asking for. I'm still in shock. I'd be curious to know what Malkin is asking.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:46 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
I qualified a few RFAs/offered a couple contracts to UFAs...Fuss, if I read right you'll be advancing a few times before "July 1st" right, so we can make sure we get our guys signed if they ignore our first offers?

That Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:46 AM
stevezz

Quote:

**** EA!
Thanks! man EA really didn't think some things through when they made this game... lol

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:50 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
Btw Fuss is there a way to increase cap in offseason and bringing it back down for regular season? If there is that option please do it, it's not logical that I have my whole team ( farm teams + NHL team) against the cap! I know it's like that for everyone, but we both know there is no logic behind it
It's not the whole team + farm team. It's like the top 23 players on your team. Even if you would normally put some of those in the minors. So if you put a guy at 80 with a 5M cap hit in the AHL and play a 70 overall player at 1M instead... well in the off season, the cpu will use the guy at 80 for the cap instead of the 70 overall player that you would normally use. Which is somewhat logical.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:02 AM
HabsIslesFan

It is actually much more realistic than most people seem to believe. Anyone who icon a contract that is subject to waivers counts against the cap unless they have been waived. Players can't be waived in the offseason so everyone who has a YES under waivers counts against your cap in the offseason. The only problem is teams in real life are allowed over the cap by 10% ( I think it is 10) during the offseason while we are not

HabsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:04 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Yeah, can't say I'm a fan of bailing out GMs who are now over due to not considering their salaries spent. After last years offseason i thought the conclusion was the "untouchable" list wouldnt happen again this year which would let us have an exciting free agency period. I mean it's really damn simple, all you do is add the contracts you've acquired, add the upcoming increases for guys that need to be resigned, subtract the contracts you have lost/will lose by not resigning, and then make a deal if you're gonna be way over.

Last edited by EvoLu7ioN: 12-06-2012 at 11:13 AM.
EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:07 AM
matt1396

If it is the top 23 players then no one should have an untouchable list. it just shows that people are bad managers and honestly if we do an untouchable list now then we wil likely have to do one each season because people will complain.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Jack de la Hoya

I read through last season's thread, and that was pretty much my understanding as well.

The issue last year was confusion over how the schedule advanced. That's a different problem than players asking for too much money. Some turnover in players, some guys getting to F.A., actually makes things more interesting, in my opinion.

But I'm new, and I'm more than happy to go along with whatever everyone else decides.

EDIT: And I say this as the GM who probably has as many cap headaches as anyone...

Old
12-06-2012, 11:10 AM
stevezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Yeah, can't say I'm a fan of bailing out GMs who are now over due to not considering their salaries spent. After last years offseason i thought the conclusion was the "untouchable" list wouldnt happen again this year which would let us have an exciting free agency period.
Well in my situation i properly managed my cap space for the off season, but the huberdeau trade just wont go through! That trade would give me 5 mil$ in cap room which would be sufficient in signing all my players. I signed everyone but i dont have enough cap room to sign jackman which really sucks..

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:11 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
The EA **** up doesnt make those GMs bad GMs.. it's an unrealistic scenario that EA created.

To keep it realistic there needs to be an untouchable list.

SUBdrewgANS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:12 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
Well in my situation i properly managed my cap space for the off season, but the huberdeau trade just wont go through! That trade would give me 5 mil$ in cap room which would be sufficient in signing all my players. I signed everyone but i dont have enough cap room to sign jackman which really sucks..
Ahh I see well that's tricky, I see your point. There's 2 adances today though, so u guys should be able to get the trade to go thru as long as you both have cap room.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Ahh I see well that's tricky, I see your point. There's 2 adances today though, so u guys should be able to get the trade to go thru as long as you both have cap room.
We can't trade now though.

That might be an exceptionally situation worth allowing, since trades should be executable this block (EA messed that up)

That's different than negotiating to resign your players, IMO.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:15 AM
xVx Santillo

Bad GM? i didnt make the playoffs..acquired a team who LOST its identity and made 2 horrendous trades that i have NO clue got accepted

what did i do? calculated i would have a little over 20M to re-sign 4-5 players which is PLENTY right? here we are in off-season and look what i have 5.5M? how does that make sense? none of this AHL crap makes sense bc NOBODY in my AHL makes over 1M dollars

Screw EA.

xVx Santillo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:15 AM
xX Hot Fuss

It looks like free agency is not going to be a part of our GM connected league. There's just no fair way to do it

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
Bad GM? i didnt make the playoffs..acquired a team who LOST its identity and made 2 horrendous trades that i have NO clue got accepted

what did i do? calculated i would have a little over 20M to re-sign 4-5 players which is PLENTY right? here we are in off-season and look what i have 5.5M? how does that make sense? none of this AHL crap makes sense bc NOBODY in my AHL makes over 1M dollars

Screw EA.
You're showing ~$15 million when I cycle through?

Old
12-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Gary83*

I was only confused about the advance periods. Fuss explained that already.

I don't need to put Giroux or any of my guys on an untouchable list. He is on da trade block though!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote