HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

vCash: 500
having watched them both enough to say, i would take pelech over ceci

Old
12-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
Ceci is a point per game and Pelech is 5 points under a point per game. He also is not bigger than Ceci, Ceci is 6'3 215 and Pelech is 6'2 210. Youth is rarely taken into consideration as a positive and in most cases works against a player for WJC selection. Ceci has also represented Canada in the U18's so that argument of more international experience is out the window..

At least do some research before posting. Pelech may have a defensive edge, but Ceci's total package has way more value to a team. Its not even close IMO.
You are not looking at it fairly. Ceci would only be there for his offence. And his offence, while very good, would not be utilized on team Canada. Murphy, Hamilton, Rielly are all ahead of Ceci offensively. Pelech was unreal at the U-18's. It's not as if scrubs made it over him. It does not mean they are better prospects, it just means that their skillset can be utilized better by Hockey Canada.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:04 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
You are not looking at it fairly. Ceci would only be there for his offence. And his offence, while very good, would not be utilized on team Canada. Murphy, Hamilton, Rielly are all ahead of Ceci offensively. Pelech was unreal at the U-18's. It's not as if scrubs made it over him. It does not mean they are better prospects, it just means that their skillset can be utilized better by Hockey Canada.
My point is it seems people only view Ceci as a one dimensional offensive dman.. I think he is much more versatile than that. A lot of people during the draft praised his defensive game even calling him primarily a defensive defenseman. He drew comparisons to Brent Seabrook! So this one dimensional offense only talk is perplexing. Ceci also had a solid U18 tournament in a defensive role for Canada. Played with Murray, Reilly, Murphy and even Harrington. He had a pretty solid sound defensive tournament for Canada. In fact it was guys like Murray, Murphy and Reilly's defensive games that unravelled and let team Canada down in the Semi-final and bronze medal games.

Last edited by QuietOnTheFront: 12-04-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
Ceci is a point per game and Pelech is 5 points under a point per game. He also is not bigger than Ceci, Ceci is 6'3 215 and Pelech is 6'2 210. Youth is rarely taken into consideration as a positive and in most cases works against a player for WJC selection. Ceci has also represented Canada in the U18's so that argument of more international experience is out the window..

At least do some research before posting. Pelech may have a defensive edge, but Ceci's total package has way more value to a team. Its not even close IMO.
It would seem you don't want to consider the other side of it, which makes the argument rather futile. But a few final points...

- Ceci has been brutal at even strength, with only 7 points in 30 games. Even he has admitted he has to play better in his own end and at ES. Pelech has been more productive at ES, so statistically anyway (your focus, not mine), Pelech is a better fit if the team is already set on the PP with other defenders (which they are).

- That said, if the team needed an offensive d-man to run their power play, I have no doubt they would go to Ceci versus Pelech. But they don't.

- Size doesn't equal strength. No one is afraid of Ceci in the corner or of hits, where as Pelech is a mean SOB. You can quote what are likely outdated measurements, but either way I don't think even you'd argue Pelech is much harder to play against in his own zone. Jason Spezza is both heavier and taller than Chris Neil, but that doesn't mean much. You get my point here I hope.

- In terms of experience, I should have clarified as 'good experience'. Pelech's experience is a good thing. He was on the top pairing at the U18's and raised his game with Team Canada. For Ceci, he has been underwhelming internationally (as a U17 for Ontario and at the U18's) AND at the summer camp AND in the Super Series against Russia. Basically, all of Ceci's time with Team Canada has hurt his cause, more than helped him. Even Pendergast talked about Cody being a great prospect, but "on the big ice" they went elsewhere. Have to think his previous troubles were factored in.

Sens fans can blame anybody they want, but Ceci has had several chances to impress Team Canada and failed to do that. but I don't think that will matter much in 5 years when he is a fixture on the blueline for the Sens. Chin up, man.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Ceci's foot speed I think was a bit of an issue for the big ice. Had this tourney been on the smaller ice I thnk Codi would have been invited.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Fredrik Claesson ‏@Classeman14

Soooo pumped up!!!!! #VSFashionshow #4thlineproblems

Another reason I like Claesson. Kid is funny.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Berserker*

Here is a good article on Sdao from a few moths back
http://www.towntopics.com/wordpress/...ble-with-club/

Quote:
"They expect me to be a big part of the organization down the line." Sdao
I wonder whether this is something that the sens tell all (or most) of their prospects, or whether they are really that high on Sdao. I felt that Sdao really stood out in the development camp and was one of the best d men on the ice during the scrimmage. After his season ends in Princeton, he will likely join bingo, so it will be interesting to see how he performs there.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post

I wonder whether this is something that the sens tell all (or most) of their prospects, or whether they are really that high on Sdao. I felt that Sdao really stood out in the development camp and was one of the best d men on the ice during the scrimmage. After his season ends in Princeton, he will likely join bingo, so it will be interesting to see how he performs there.

Murray also said he expects to see Petersson on Spezzas wing for years to come.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Murray also said he expects to see Petersson on Spezzas wing for years to come.
He sounded like he was half-joking when he said that.

In regards to Sdao, he could end up being a big part of the team as a 2nd or 3rd pairing guy. Neil has been a huge part of the team for years as a bottom six guy. So a player doesn't necessarily need to be a top six player or top pairing d man to be a big part of the team.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
He sounded like he was half-joking when he said that.
He was probably making fun of people here, to be honest.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:32 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:

Sens are extremely high on Sdao.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:03 AM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Sens are extremely high on Sdao.
Where is this coming from?

Having seen him at multiple camps, I'm not sure why. I'm sure they like him, as they presumably do all their prospects given they drafted them, but 'extremely high on' seems like a stretch.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:38 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
Where is this coming from?

Having seen him at multiple camps, I'm not sure why. I'm sure they like him, as they presumably do all their prospects given they drafted them, but 'extremely high on' seems like a stretch.
I spoke to someone in the organization in the summer, they were raving about Sdao, said they wanted him to go pro and possibly play some NHL time by the end of the year. Also said they went to great lengths to ensure that nothing like the Schultz situation occurs.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:41 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

This has Drieger in it therefore it is relevant, and stolen from the main boards

Old
12-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Is he the one playing the saxophone?

Old
12-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Pilgore88

Is it just a problem on my end, or are the CHL websites not working for anyone else?

Old
12-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Is it just a problem on my end, or are the CHL websites not working for anyone else?
They be down son.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:50 AM
sg58

One very re-assuring thing with Driedger is that he likes and tries to model his game after goalies like Cory Schneider and Carey Price. Perfect models.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Proust

I'm pretty hyped that Ceci and Peumpel weren't invited to camp because it's easier for me to cheer AGAINST Team Canada, which I've started doing the last couple of years.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
I'm pretty hyped that Ceci and Peumpel weren't invited to camp because it's easier for me to cheer AGAINST Team Canada, which I've started doing the last couple of years.
why?

Old
12-06-2012, 11:48 AM
backdoorpass

ceci should have been invited, to me with a kid that can be that good when hes on you need to take a look at him, in the end he will be at camp when all the guys leave to go to nhl training camps but still sucks he wasnt invited the first time

Old
12-06-2012, 12:26 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
why?
I've done the same. As European football (soccer) fans say, Club > Country.

The success of Ottawa Senator prospects is much more important than Canada winning the WJC. Thus cheering for Sweden because they had Sens prospects on their team.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I've done the same. As European football (soccer) fans say, Club > Country.

The success of Ottawa Senator prospects is much more important than Canada winning the WJC. Thus cheering for Sweden because they had Sens prospects on their team.
I always keep tabs on those players and like to see them do well, but not at the expense of Canada...

Either way, I don't think a poor WJC by a prospect will really have that much effect on their chances of making the team or not and vice versa...

Old
12-07-2012, 02:22 AM
EpicNeilTime

According to 67's management, Jason Smith (I don't know what his job title with the Sens is) is having one-on-one sessions with Ceci because the Sens brass are really worried about his progression this season. They also told me that the Sens are really hoping the 67's deal Ceci to a contender but that part is obvious.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:52 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
According to 67's management, Jason Smith (I don't know what his job title with the Sens is) is having one-on-one sessions with Ceci because the Sens brass are really worried about his progression this season. They also told me that the Sens are really hoping the 67's deal Ceci to a contender but that part is obvious.
Well that sucks. Kid likes to party in the offseason but I have no idea if that would be impacting him now.

Closed Thread