HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

So what does Pierre McGuire do during a lockout?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-06-2012, 10:26 AM
  #1
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper
 
The Cheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 7,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
So what does Pierre McGuire do during a lockout?

Does he go over to the European teams as well? Scout young prospects?

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:28 AM
  #2
SupremefartMachine
Registered User
 
SupremefartMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Bakes pies and writes a column for Martha Stewart's Living

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:29 AM
  #3
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 3,348
vCash: 500
Does NCAA games on NBC Sports Network with Doc Emrick.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:32 AM
  #4
BobDobolina
Registered User
 
BobDobolina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,244
vCash: 500
Probably still being the armchair general with all the answers like usual.

BobDobolina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:35 AM
  #5
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
"During a TV timeout, Pierre McGuire leaned over and told me 7 or 8 facts about my life that I didn't know." - Matt Kassian

Best tweet ever about McGuire!

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:44 AM
  #6
octopi
Registered User
 
octopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,552
vCash: 703
I assume he's prepping to go to the world juniors in Russia, where he can leer creepily at players and blog about their washboard abs.

octopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:51 AM
  #7
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,854
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
I assume he's prepping to go to the world juniors in Russia, where he can leer creepily at players and blog about their washboard abs.
Holy ****! It just hit me that since there's no NHL to cover, Pierre might be back for the WJC? IS THIS A POSSIBILITY?!


irunthepeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:23 AM
  #8
laundryman
Registered User
 
laundryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Stalk various players, I assume

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:26 AM
  #9
Pengo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Holy ****! It just hit me that since there's no NHL to cover, Pierre might be back for the WJC? IS THIS A POSSIBILITY?!

There is! Becaause of the fact that, Kulikin iced the puck

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:29 AM
  #10
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Q'onoS
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
I bet he is off somewhere being creepy.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
  #11
RappinHobo
#1 Lehner Fanboy
 
RappinHobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
He's at junior A hockey games across North America measuring the coaches' shoe sizes.

RappinHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:46 AM
  #12
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 40,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RappinHobo View Post
He's at junior A hockey games across North America measuring the coaches' shoe sizes.
You know what they say about shoe size...

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:56 AM
  #13
Freudian
wild card, *****es
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 26,882
vCash: 50
He's doing some radio. He's excellent at it. I know that HF likes to make fun of him because of his mannerisms, but he is a very smart guy, knows his hockey and is very passionate about the sport.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:57 AM
  #14
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell
 
JustGivingEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,096
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
There is! Becaause of the fact that, Kulikin iced the puck
Well played.

JustGivingEr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:57 AM
  #15
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Pretty sure he watches a lot of Junior Hockey. He knows what team every NHL player played his Junior hockey on so I assume he's always been a big fan.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
  #16
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
"During a TV timeout, Pierre McGuire leaned over and told me 7 or 8 facts about my life that I didn't know." - Matt Kassian

Best tweet ever about McGuire!
haha thats funny

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
  #17
Stephen23
Registered User
 
Stephen23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,219
vCash: 500
If you say his name three times, he will show up while you are sleeping.

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:00 PM
  #18
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
"During a TV timeout, Pierre McGuire leaned over and told me 7 or 8 facts about my life that I didn't know." - Matt Kassian

Best tweet ever about McGuire!

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:02 PM
  #19
octopi
Registered User
 
octopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,552
vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen23 View Post
If you say his name three times, he will show up while you are sleeping.
Don't be ridiculous. I'm not Luke Schenn.

octopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:03 PM
  #20
Soth
Registered User
 
Soth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen23 View Post
If you say his name three times, he will show up while you are sleeping.
Someone should add that to his wikipedia page.

Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
  #21
Stephen23
Registered User
 
Stephen23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,219
vCash: 500
When the World Hockey Championships were here in Halifax, I was sitting in the upper bowl during the Canada-USA game. I noticed that they had sectioned off various rows in the middle of the upperbowl for the announce tables. During the game or intermission I remember looking over and saw Pierre was looking over to my direction. I waved to him and he waved back. Just thought it was somewhat creepy that he was staring at me. I went up to him after the game and got my picture taken with him. He seemed like a nice guy. True story.

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:08 PM
  #22
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,702
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
For a serious response...

- morning radio interviews. He's on Ottawa, Toronto and I'm sure other city sports stations every day of the week.

- NCAA games for NBC.

- being a hockey dad.

I bet he's not entirely hating the lockout. He doesn't have to be on TSN every day talking about. Does the odd NCAA game. Gets to be with family.

littleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
  #23
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Don't be ridiculous. I'm not Luke Schenn.
clap clap clap

NaiveLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:20 PM
  #24
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper
 
The Cheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 7,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen23 View Post
If you say his name three times, he will show up while you are sleeping.
Just when you thought The Creeper couldn't get any creepier, lol.

Pierre has become part of hockey for me though. I almost look forward to his off the wall antics and 'where did you even find that out' factoids.

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:25 PM
  #25
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
Just when you thought The Creeper couldn't get any creepier, lol.

Pierre has become part of hockey for me though. I almost look forward to his off the wall antics and 'where did you even find that out' factoids.
Can YOU BELIEVE IT?

YES I CAN

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.