HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 184: Surprised Panda Is Surprised

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2012, 03:09 PM
  #251
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Oh, we're playing again?

JimEIV.
That one was pure me.

Is that a cat????

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 04:10 PM
  #252
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
So... anybody still like Gangnam Style? You won't after seeing the worst video on YouTube:

AZNDevil is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:10 PM
  #253
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,418
vCash: 500
Revenge has been had!

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:32 PM
  #254
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Revenge has been had!
Okay, I'll bite; what?

__________________
"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
"I learned not to question Cowbell's willingness to ban." - Brian Boyle
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:11 PM
  #255
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
ok, i dont care that ric flair is getting divorced, what i care about is that he apparently makes $1million per year? how, exactly? and why is that fair?
Because he's Ric Flair and you're not.


glenwo2 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 10:29 PM
  #256
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,260
vCash: 500
6 months until I'm 22. I understand why now.

Jersey Man is online now  
Old
12-05-2012, 11:22 PM
  #257
HeliDevil
Legendary
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,305
vCash: 500
Submitted ten applications for jobs. If I could graduate, get offered a job, and have the lockout end all in one month this would certainly be a December to remember.

Too bad the world ends in like two and a half weeks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
6 months until I'm 22. I understand why now.
Once you turn 21 you no longer look forward to birthdays anymore. Except for another reason to drink.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 05:03 AM
  #258
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Once you turn 21 you no longer look forward to birthdays anymore. Except for another reason to drink.
People need a reason?

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 07:39 AM
  #259
Ilkka Pikachu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,330
vCash: 500
Today, Siri made me cry. Twice. But because of no hockey in the TaN, I'll only show you the second one.

I... I just asked her to take me home.


Ilkka Pikachu is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 07:45 AM
  #260
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,562
vCash: 500
I need no reasons. Unless I'm tired.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:51 AM
  #261
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,359
vCash: 500
There are weird ugly people in lecture today. They're siphoning my beauty b

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
  #262
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,404
vCash: 500
I hadn't enzymatically cleaned my contact lenses in a while, it's amazing what a difference it makes.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
  #263
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro
 
Officer Rod Farva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
end of semester pace.
Sleep four hours
eat lunch
come home
drink a beer
go to bio
sleep in class
play basketball
shower
nap
write papers till 4 AM again

Officer Rod Farva is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 12:49 PM
  #264
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I hadn't enzymatically cleaned my contact lenses in a while, it's amazing what a difference it makes.
What kind of contacts do you wear?

I only wear 2-week lenses, makes cleaning them basically pointless. I don't know if I could go back to monthlies or anything like that.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 12:53 PM
  #265
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
There are weird ugly people in lecture today. They're siphoning my beauty b
Embrace the uggos. They make the pretty girls look that much nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
end of semester pace.
Sleep four hours
eat lunch
come home
drink a beer
go to bio
sleep in class
play basketball
shower
nap
write papers till 4 AM again
Solid schedule

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:07 PM
  #266
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I only wear 2-week lenses, makes cleaning them basically pointless. I don't know if I could go back to monthlies or anything like that.
I wear contact lenses for eons longer than you're supposed to = money saved. It's a highly disingenuous market. The CEO of one of the biggest contact lens companies in the world (which shall remain nameless) once told me, "the contact lens industry is the biggest FU to the consumer". I change them once I can "tell" they dont feel like a new'ish pair or after an enzyme tablet doesnt do the trick.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:11 PM
  #267
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I wear contact lenses for eons longer than you're supposed to = money saved. It's a highly disingenuous market. The CEO of one of the biggest contact lens companies in the world (which shall remain nameless) once told me, "the contact lens industry is the biggest FU to the consumer". I change them once I can "tell" they dont feel like a new'ish pair or after an enzyme tablet doesnt do the trick.
Yeah, I do basically the same thing... I wear mine for 3-4 weeks, but I've never done this whole enzyme tablet thing. I might have to check into this.

But I get some really, really cheap contacts that I don't mind buying regularly.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:18 PM
  #268
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Yeah, I do basically the same thing... I wear mine for 3-4 weeks, but I've never done this whole enzyme tablet thing. I might have to check into this.

But I get some really, really cheap contacts that I don't mind buying regularly.
It used to be a common way to clean contacts years ago. Back in the days when you had 1 or 2 pairs of contacts per year, you used an enzyme tablet once per month for a heavy-duty cleaning. It cleaves the proteins that build up over time from the lenses.

Nowadays with everyone wearing dailys, weeklies, and bi-weeklies, there's no point for enzyme cleaning, to the point where it's getting hard to find the enzyme tablets in the stores (there's usually like 1 option at Walmart or Target), but they work great. But if you're switching to a new pair every 3 or 4 weeks, you dont need them.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:19 PM
  #269
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
It used to be a common way to clean contacts years ago. Back in the days when you had 1 or 2 pairs of contacts per year, you used an enzyme tablet once per month for a heavy-duty cleaning. It cleaves the proteins that build up over time from the lenses.

Nowadays with everyone wearing dailys, weeklies, and bi-weeklies, there's no point for enzyme cleaning, to the point where it's getting hard to find the enzyme tablets in the stores (there's usually like 1 option at Walmart or Target), but they work great.
Yeah, I know what you saying, because when I feel the protein - i.e., get halos at night, etc. - I just throw them away as long as it's been 2+ weeks. Maybe I'll try this...

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:26 PM
  #270
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Yeah, I know what you saying, because when I feel the protein - i.e., get halos at night, etc. - I just throw them away as long as it's been 2+ weeks. Maybe I'll try this...
Do you mean when you're night driving or something? I dont think I've ever had this. I use the enzymes when they feel heavy or I feel like they're not getting fully clean from the normal daily solution I rub them with. I'm probably an "extreme" contact lens wearer I guess, lol.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:28 PM
  #271
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
costco has an enzymatic(maybe?) cleaner for your lenses. makes them sooooooooooooo clean and nice. you have to use a special case because there is a chunk of metal at the bottom of it that activates the cleaner. If you squirt the solution into your eye you will burn them pretty bad.

luckily, i don't have to deal with contacts anymore.
unluckily, i have those halos that cowbell is talking about every night when i'm driving.

onefatsurfer is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:29 PM
  #272
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
you should check out this stuff

http://www.clearcaresolution.com/

this is what Rob is talking about

its not enzymatic, but a hydrogen peroxide solution that gets your lens super clean and you can use it daily as long as you have like 6hrs to wait between cleanings

but like he said, don't you dare get it in your eyes directly. The chunk of platinum at the bottom of the case will neutralize the peroxide after 6 hours, so you can put them right in after waiting, but don't ever use the stuff to rinse clean lenses or re-wet your eyeballs


Last edited by selyar: 12-06-2012 at 01:36 PM.
selyar is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:38 PM
  #273
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
you should check out this stuff

http://www.clearcaresolution.com/

this is what Rob is talking about

its not enzymatic, but a hydrogen peroxide solution that gets your lens super clean and you can use it daily as long as you have like 6hrs to wait between cleanings

but like he said, don't you dare get it in your eyes directly. The chunk of platinum at the bottom of the case will neutralize the peroxide after 6 hours, so you can put them right in after waiting, but don't ever use the stuff to rinse clean lenses or re-wet your eyeballs
platinum???

onefatsurfer is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:41 PM
  #274
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,805
vCash: 425
proteins in your eye?

Jim is having a hot flash somewhere.

__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
12-06-2012, 01:46 PM
  #275
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
its not enzymatic, but a hydrogen peroxide solution that gets your lens super clean and you can use it daily as long as you have like 6hrs to wait between cleanings

but like he said, don't you dare get it in your eyes directly. The chunk of platinum at the bottom of the case will neutralize the peroxide after 6 hours, so you can put them right in after waiting, but don't ever use the stuff to rinse clean lenses or re-wet your eyeballs
I dont use that stuff. Why? Because in an early I'm-not-awake-yet-moment, I squirted it directly into my eye. No hyperbole, I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital.

Extreme pain, my eye was bright red. I immediately reached for the normal saline solution and just sprayed it into my eye for like 1 full minute. I dont trust myself enough to use that stuff, I NEVER want to experience that again!

BenedictGomez is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.