HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
12-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Stittsvillain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
I think you are going to see Ethan Allard back in Arnrpior within the week. They have been having problems finding a winger for Steege and Lahoux and moving forward, they are going to need him if they want to win.

Renfrew continues to add up front and the back end....but they need Anderson and Riopelle back IF they are going to content down the stretch. I think Renfrew will just do enough to stay in fourth and try to keep people healthy until the playoffs

With Stittsville adding Kerwin, they jump up in the toughest scale, which they needed..I am sure last's night loss was a fluke,,,Perth is just not that much better than Stittsville.
Add Howie and Breslin from Kanata and Dudley from Gloucester. The new look Royals hammered Arnprior yesterday. Shot count was 45 - 21 in favor of Stittsville.

Stittsvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:01 AM
KL14

Stittsville New Look

I heard the game was not pretty for Arnprior, with their goalie walking off after the 6th goal. Can not believe Kanata sent down Breslin. I thought he was in the top 5 or 6 on team scoring but good for Stittsville. It seems they are now in the driver's seat but it is still the jungle and anything can happen.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
I heard the game was not pretty for Arnprior, with their goalie walking off after the 6th goal. Can not believe Kanata sent down Breslin. I thought he was in the top 5 or 6 on team scoring but good for Stittsville. It seems they are now in the driver's seat but it is still the jungle and anything can happen.
The royals do look good with the new roster, hopefully all the guys will stay there

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Flyers

seems to be a lot of homers on this from the 3 teams behind the blue wings in the standings... for someone who is not in the valley division. Perth is the best team in that division. I have seen all of the teams in that division play many times. Even a couple of the players on the royals have admitted that and have said they are the hardest to play against because of the scoring power of their top 2 lines. Look at the stats for the valley division and you will see 4 of their players are in the top 6 of scoring.

Flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Lazarrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
seems to be a lot of homers on this from the 3 teams behind the blue wings in the standings... for someone who is not in the valley division. Perth is the best team in that division. I have seen all of the teams in that division play many times. Even a couple of the players on the royals have admitted that and have said they are the hardest to play against because of the scoring power of their top 2 lines. Look at the stats for the valley division and you will see 4 of their players are in the top 6 of scoring.
From what I have seen as a Metro team fan, I think Renfrew is the team to beat. Perth has a solid top 6 with no depth and horrible D. Shaw is a good goalie, but not in front of that D core.

Stittsville will be good if the Kanata Stallions players actually play there. Besides Groulx, they have no true go to guy. Their D is steady and versatile and Pankhurst is a good Jr B goalie.

Renfrew has a good core up front with tons of Jr A caliber forwards led by Riopelle. Gagne is a good goalie and their D are solid. I think Renfrew is the top team. They can compete with any Metro team will others simply can't.

Lazarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:58 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
From what I have seen as a Metro team fan, I think Renfrew is the team to beat. Perth has a solid top 6 with no depth and horrible D. Shaw is a good goalie, but not in front of that D core.

Stittsville will be good if the Kanata Stallions players actually play there. Besides Groulx, they have no true go to guy. Their D is steady and versatile and Pankhurst is a good Jr B goalie.

Renfrew has a good core up front with tons of Jr A caliber forwards led by Riopelle. Gagne is a good goalie and their D are solid. I think Renfrew is the top team. They can compete with any Metro team will others simply can't.
Why do you mention Shaw but not Wright? Wright is probably the best goalie in the Valley division.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Flyers

Shaw is not the starter for Perth, Wright is and he is a top goalie in the league. These guys are a different team in the Month of November and it's showing. Lets see if they can keep it up.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Lazarrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
Shaw is not the starter for Perth, Wright is and he is a top goalie in the league. These guys are a different team in the Month of November and it's showing. Lets see if they can keep it up.
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. He is a very good goalie. Not the best in the valley though

Old
12-04-2012, 10:57 AM
PK19

The Ottawa West Golden Knights trade the playing rights of Benoit Larocque to the Metcalfe Jets for the playing rights of Mike Milito.

Does anyone know who Ottawa West new goalie is?

PK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Lazarrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK19 View Post
The Ottawa West Golden Knights trade the playing rights of Benoit Larocque to the Metcalfe Jets for the playing rights of Mike Milito.

Does anyone know who Ottawa West new goalie is?
Nvm...

Last edited by Lazarrr: 01-06-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 01:43 PM
hurricane11

Could it be Drew Lawson from Gan? it looks as though they have another guy and cant see it sitting well with Drew. He has really good numbers and some Junior A experience.

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:15 AM
PG

Rankings

Of note, here are the rankings from "My Hockey Rankings" for the EO thus far this season: http://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2012&a=2&v=1835

For debate!

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 08:05 AM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Of note, here are the rankings from "My Hockey Rankings" for the EO thus far this season: http://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2012&a=2&v=1835

For debate!
It shows Metro the strongest divison. Even Clarence ahead of all division leaders.

PK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:04 AM
hurricane11

Quote:

For debate!
Thats embarassing that you would even post that its so ridiculous

Old
12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
hurricane11

Quote:

For debate!

Old
12-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:

For debate!
Pretty much one of the most useless things I have ever seen. Everyone involved with Jr B knows the real hockey does not start until after Christmas at this level.

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:29 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Well....I am glad we evoked some emotion from the forum! A1!!....But embarassed? I can't give you that.....

The rankings are a statistcal analysis of the play so far in the EO season taking into account a variety of factors (see quote from FAQ section of the site)...

Have A Grade A Day!

"MYHockey's ratings are computed mathematically, with no subjective weighting or human determined values. MYHockey rates teams based upon how well they play against other teams and how good those teams are. These two factors are "AGD" or "average goal differential" and "SCHED" or "strength of schedule". AGD is currently calculated by accumulating the goal differential of each game, to a maximum of 7, and divides it by the number of games played. Using a max game goal differential of 7 does "penalize" teams that blow out opponents, but this is common in rating systems as it takes away the incentive for teams to run up scores and allows them to have a bad game by capping the mathematical damage. The strength of schedule is computed by averaging the rating of each game opponent. AGD and SCHED are added together to compute a team's rating" - FAQ - "My Hockey Rankings"

Old
12-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Well....I am glad we evoked some emotion from the forum! A1!!....But embarassed? I can't give you that.....

The rankings are a statistcal analysis of the play so far in the EO season taking into account a variety of factors (see quote from FAQ section of the site)...

Have A Grade A Day!

"MYHockey's ratings are computed mathematically, with no subjective weighting or human determined values. MYHockey rates teams based upon how well they play against other teams and how good those teams are. These two factors are "AGD" or "average goal differential" and "SCHED" or "strength of schedule". AGD is currently calculated by accumulating the goal differential of each game, to a maximum of 7, and divides it by the number of games played. Using a max game goal differential of 7 does "penalize" teams that blow out opponents, but this is common in rating systems as it takes away the incentive for teams to run up scores and allows them to have a bad game by capping the mathematical damage. The strength of schedule is computed by averaging the rating of each game opponent. AGD and SCHED are added together to compute a team's rating" - FAQ - "My Hockey Rankings"
That means nothing in Jr.B!! the teams change so much heading into playoffs and some kids dont even start trying until play offs !

Old
12-06-2012, 12:53 PM
clear the track

What!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
That means nothing in Jr.B!! the teams change so much heading into playoffs and some kids dont even start trying until play offs !
Some kids don't try until playoffs??? What an Inane comment.

clear the track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:16 PM
hurricane11

Well as a fan who has seen every team play i can tell you Clarence is not a top 5 team in the EOJHL. Almonte and Shawville should be only above Morrisburg. A team that is 16-6 should not be behind a team thats 11-12 on any type of ranking. I agree with the top 3 but would add Athens and Perth to the top 5.

As for the comment about players not trying yet i wouldnt say players aren't trying but agree that a majority of Vets pick up the pace after Christmas.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
KL14

Athens and Perth

Athens, for sure should be top five....but Perth...come on...the ONLY reason they are doing well is because of the home ice advantage that comes with that crappy rink....square corners and the puck bounces out in front of the net all of the time...terrible rink..once playoff starts and the opposing team visits more than once...Perth will be done...

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Flyers

Quote:
Athens, for sure should be top five....but Perth...come on...the ONLY reason they are doing well is because of the home ice advantage that comes with that crappy rink....square corners and the puck bounces out in front of the net all of the time...terrible rink..once playoff starts and the opposing team visits more than once...Perth will be done...
That makes no sense at all since every team in the valley has played there at least twice and still is have not won a game there. they are a tough team to beat at home just admit it. has nothing to do with the boards or bounces, THEY ARE GOOD!

I would agree with those rankings 100% except Clarence out and Athens in.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by clear the track View Post
Some kids don't try until playoffs??? What an Inane comment.
You must not know the league well...There are plenty of the older players who take their game to a completely different level come play off time when the games count

Old
12-06-2012, 03:37 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
You must not know the league well...There are plenty of the older players who take their game to a completely different level come play off time when the games count
Regardless of the effort of some of the players on the teams you are familiar with, the regular season is half way through and the results are what they are.....If you are right, we should see the evidence at the end of the year and we will have a look then!

Old
12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Well as a fan who has seen every team play i can tell you Clarence is not a top 5 team in the EOJHL. Almonte and Shawville should be only above Morrisburg. A team that is 16-6 should not be behind a team thats 11-12 on any type of ranking. I agree with the top 3 but would add Athens and Perth to the top 5.

As for the comment about players not trying yet i wouldnt say players aren't trying but agree that a majority of Vets pick up the pace after Christmas.
The ranking system has no subjectivety built in at all - simply statistical analysis about which teams beat which teams and by what - the only discounting is in games where the winner scores more than seven goals (capped at 7)....