HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 1997-born players in NB

Old
12-03-2012, 11:42 AM
mrscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
Not sure Belec has done enough this year to get drafted. Decent size but not a great skater, and tries to do too much himself. He was able in Bantam but not able to skate through everyone by himself in midget. Someone might take a chance on him now that 15 year olds can go in top 8 rounds.
I had the same thoughts. I have only seen Richard a few times this year. I know he has points but he didn't show the skill that I thought he might have. I can't quite put my finger on it but could his success be because of his linemates? He looked a little clumsy when I watched him but he has good size and strength.

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscout View Post
I had the same thoughts. I have only seen Richard a few times this year. I know he has points but he didn't show the skill that I thought he might have. I can't quite put my finger on it but could his success be because of his linemates? He looked a little clumsy when I watched him but he has good size and strength.
I have seen Richard enough to know that it isn't just his linemates (they do help bigtime), He has great hands and a great shot and actually has really deceiving speed when he gets going but it is his work ethic that kills him. Surprised the flyers coaching staff hasn't sat him down or got him working hard. They seem to get the most out of there players..

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Alex Jacob will get drafted despite his size. Very skilled and very high hockey IQ.
Philliipe Myers will get drafted. Good size and good puck skills. Needs work on skating but very solid Dman.
Probably the only 97's getting drafted from Flyers. They will have a few 96's drafted too. Joey Richard will probably get drafted as well as Ryan Chiasson. Richard could be a high draft pick if his work ethic got a little better. Probably the most skilled guy in the league with good size.
there is no question someone will take take a chance on Jacob, more than likely Moncton as his Dad is local scout for them, I see him going 6th or 7th round the only thing holding him back is size,as far as Myers not sold on that yet.

JMO

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:41 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
there is no question someone will take take a chance on Jacob, more than likely Moncton as his Dad is local scout for them, I see him going 6th or 7th round the only thing holding him back is size,as far as Myers not sold on that yet.

JMO
Any word on Will Thompson at RNS ,don't hear much on some of the top 97's that went to prep schools

Sarault
Becker
MacDougall
Adams
Ostroski

Wonder if any of the above mentioned will be draft prospects besides Thompson
Any thoughts?

Old
12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Hockey master

Quote:
Alex Jacob will get drafted despite his size. Very skilled and very high hockey IQ.
Philliipe Myers will get drafted. Good size and good puck skills. Needs work on skating but very solid Dman.
Probably the only 97's getting drafted from Flyers. They will have a few 96's drafted too. Joey Richard will probably get drafted as well as Ryan Chiasson. Richard could be a high draft pick if his work ethic got a little better. Probably the most skilled guy in the league with good size.
What about Alward or Ward?

Hockey master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 06:57 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey master View Post
There is a possibility that they could be drafted as well as any other 97 playing for Moncton , they made the team as first year players so they must have some potential just because they did not play in the prospects game does not mean they won't be drafted.

JMO

Old
12-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Hockey master

Quote:
There is a possibility that they could be drafted as well as any other 97 playing for Moncton , they made the team as first year players so they must have some potential just because they did not play in the prospects game does not mean they won't be drafted.

JMO
Alward has great positioning and great hockey sence, just needs to get faster. Anyone see any highschool or minor players going in late rounds?

Old
12-06-2012, 07:38 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Alward has great positioning and great hockey sence, just needs to get faster. Anyone see any highschool or minor players going in late rounds?
I cant think of any is there any out there that might have a possibility ?

Old
12-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
I would say Kyle Ward is the best out of Alward, Belec, and Ward. Alward very smart and good hockey IQ but needs to get quicker and bigger, Belec works hard but has no idea what to do without puck. He is still trying to deek guys out everytime he goes down on a dman and it doesn't work. Turning the puck over quite a bit from what i have seen. Ward a solid power forward. good on faceoffs, plays physical, and smart player. Needs to get a bit faster but has good size too. Someone might take a chance on Ward or Belec in the later rounds but I doubt it. Think guys getting drafted out of moncton would be Richard, Jacob, Chiasson, Myers. Don't think anyone else will be drafted

Old
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Hockey master

Quote:
I cant think of any is there any out there that might have a possibility ?
Only Downey, Conrad and Tingley from minor but i havent seen much highschool

Old
12-06-2012, 07:12 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=Hockey master;56307105]Only Downey, Conrad and Tingley from minor but i havent seen much highschool[/QUOT
I was surprised Conrad never made AAA this year or even maybe Robinson on D, I still think Belec may have some potential if he has a good second half of the season, the only for sure pick out of Moncton is Jacob Dogpound keeps pushing Myers and he may be a prospect but a low round pick ,people I talk to say his skating and physical play will be the determining factor on him, could be more 96's drated in Moncton than 97's.

JMO

Old
12-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Hockey master

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;56314175]
Quote:
Only Downey, Conrad and Tingley from minor but i havent seen much highschool[/QUOT
I was surprised Conrad never made AAA this year or even maybe Robinson on D, I still think Belec may have some potential if he has a good second half of the season, the only for sure pick out of Moncton is Jacob Dogpound keeps pushing Myers and he may be a prospect but a low round pick ,people I talk to say his skating and physical play will be the determining factor on him, could be more 96's drated in Moncton than 97's.

JMO
Most people i have talked to were surprised that both Conrad and Galloway did not make major, could end up being better for the both of them due to how much more ice time each will get.

JMO

Old
12-06-2012, 07:45 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=Hockey master;56315743]
Quote:

Most people i have talked to were surprised that both Conrad and Galloway did not make major, could end up being better for the both of them due to how much more ice time each will get.

JMO
Agreed the only problem is playing Minor you do not get as much exposer, I was surprised that Landry made Moncton over Galloway ,coaches see things that others don't.I am not saying this happened in this case but there will always be politics in hockey
JMO

Old
12-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Hockey master

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;56316453]
Quote:

Agreed the only problem is playing Minor you do not get as much exposer, I was surprised that Landry made Moncton over Galloway ,coaches see things that others don't.I am not saying this happened in this case but there will always be politics in hockey
JMO
Galloway is defenitly the better goalie in my opinion, heard Conrad went to Quebec with the majors, didnt get much icetime but good experience for him

Old
12-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Dogpound

[QUOTE=Hockey master;56321851]
Quote:

Galloway is defenitly the better goalie in my opinion, heard Conrad went to Quebec with the majors, didnt get much icetime but good experience for him
Thought process was probably that Galloway would play every game down in Minor and be ready for next year. Landry doesn't play a lot with Alex Collette as the starter with the Flyers who is head and shoulders above any other goalie in the league. I also heard from one of the Minor parents that Conrad might be finishing the year with the Flyers. One of the Flyers forwards quit last week to go play highschool.

Old
12-13-2012, 05:42 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=Dogpound;56505363]
Quote:

Thought process was probably that Galloway would play every game down in Minor and be ready for next year. Landry doesn't play a lot with Alex Collette as the starter with the Flyers who is head and shoulders above any other goalie in the league. I also heard from one of the Minor parents that Conrad might be finishing the year with the Flyers. One of the Flyers forwards quit last week to go play highschool.
I think Landry is the best goalie in NB and I am not from Mirimichi, he faces lots more shots and plays on a sub 500 team that has a very weak D.

JMO

Old
12-14-2012, 08:20 AM
mrscout

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;56518421]
Quote:

I think Landry is the best goalie in NB and I am not from Mirimichi, he faces lots more shots and plays on a sub 500 team that has a very weak D.

JMO
I have to agree with you on Landry. He is on a team that consists of about 2 lines and 3 Defense (Warmen, Arseneau and Francis) and his shot totals are crazy. I don't think that Galloway was sent to Midget minor so he could get more icetime. Why would you do that to a top notch goaltender in his draft year, doesn't make any sense. It was a huge mistake plain and simple. He may get looked at in Midget minor because his name has been tossed around for quite a while. Otherwise nobody wants to watch a league which is a step down from High School in my opinion.

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Dogpound

[QUOTE=mrscout;56532585]
Quote:

I have to agree with you on Landry. He is on a team that consists of about 2 lines and 3 Defense (Warmen, Arseneau and Francis) and his shot totals are crazy. I don't think that Galloway was sent to Midget minor so he could get more icetime. Why would you do that to a top notch goaltender in his draft year, doesn't make any sense. It was a huge mistake plain and simple. He may get looked at in Midget minor because his name has been tossed around for quite a while. Otherwise nobody wants to watch a league which is a step down from High School in my opinion.

Collette 9-1 1.44 gaa 9.49 save % 582 min 14 goals against 2 shutouts
Landry 5-5 3.36 gaa 9.11 save % 731 min 41 goals against 0 shutouts

Yes Moncton has a better team but numbers don't lie. Save percentage a huge stat for a goalie. Collette the better goalie. Collette a year older yes. Have watched landry for the last few years and has played for a bad team but even goalies that play for a bad team can have good numbers. Not denying that Landry is a very good goalie but Collette definitely the better goalie overall.

As for Galloway being in Minor and Max Landry in Major, Max Landry was the better goalie in training camp and I know for a fact that the coaches interview every player one on one and maybe that had somethign to do with it too. Galloway struggled in training camp and the coaches had to make a choice. Landry not doing so bad in Major.. I also don't think Galloway would have been happy sitting on the bench for most games either..

Old
12-14-2012, 10:54 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=Dogpound;56535669]
Quote:

Collette 9-1 1.44 gaa 9.49 save % 582 min 14 goals against 2 shutouts
Landry 5-5 3.36 gaa 9.11 save % 731 min 41 goals against 0 shutouts

Yes Moncton has a better team but numbers don't lie. Save percentage a huge stat for a goalie. Collette the better goalie. Collette a year older yes. Have watched landry for the last few years and has played for a bad team but even goalies that play for a bad team can have good numbers. Not denying that Landry is a very good goalie but Collette definitely the better goalie overall.

As for Galloway being in Minor and Max Landry in Major, Max Landry was the better goalie in training camp and I know for a fact that the coaches interview every player one on one and maybe that had somethign to do with it too. Galloway struggled in training camp and the coaches had to make a choice. Landry not doing so bad in Major.. I also don't think Galloway would have been happy sitting on the bench for most games either..
Landry is the best goalie in AAA Midget , every post you make is all about Moncton players give it a rest and give some other players some respect and credit, if Landry was playing in Moncton his numbers would be as good or better

JMO

Old
12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;56554497]
Quote:

Landry is the best goalie in AAA Midget , every post you make is all about Moncton players give it a rest and give some other players some respect and credit, if Landry was playing in Moncton his numbers would be as good or better

JMO
I spoke with someone from Moncton today that told me Landry from Mirimichi was really good in a 3-2 win over Moncton stopping 42 of 44 shots.

Old
12-24-2012, 12:41 AM
MajorMapleLeaf

Quote:
I know that a lot of people are high on Richard and I like him too but personally I would put Chaisson ahead of Richard, better skater, more physical and has good hands. Richard's numbers are better but that comes from playing on the first line with skilled linemates which doesn't hurt. Chaisson has put up similar numbers during the first part of the season essentially by himself. Chaisson is also a more rounded player serving equally on the PP as well as PK.

MajorMapleLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:03 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

[QUOTE=mrscout;56532585]
Quote:

I don't think that Galloway was sent to Midget minor so he could get more icetime. Why would you do that to a top notch goaltender in his draft year, doesn't make any sense. It was a huge mistake plain and simple. He may get looked at in Midget minor because his name has been tossed around for quite a while. Otherwise nobody wants to watch a league which is a step down from High School in my opinion.
Agreed, he is buried in Midget Minor... I've heard some teams have Rec players on them, HNB needs to get rid of that league IMO.

Heard that Plourde is going back to Bantam AAA, where he should have been in the first place. Maybe the league needs an exceptional player rule like the CHL has where the player has to apply and then get evaluated.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:20 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=NBHockey;57283875]
Quote:

Agreed, he is buried in Midget Minor... I've heard some teams have Rec players on them, HNB needs to get rid of that league IMO.

Heard that Plourde is going back to Bantam AAA, where he should have been in the first place. Maybe the league needs an exceptional player rule like the CHL has where the player has to apply and then get evaluated.
I agree , there is rule in Minor hockey for movement that you have to be in the top 1/3 at your posistion and they have some tupe of process for that, would it not apply to AAA Midget as well ? Plourde was in over his head as is Leblanc in Fredericton.

Old
01-08-2013, 05:30 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
I saw a long thread about 97 born players for NFLD, wasn't much in the way of NB players so here goes:

Forwards:
Alexander Jacob - Moncton Hawks
Ryan Tompkins - North West Bulls
Francis Theriault - AP Senators
Jean Michel LeBlanc - Midget Major Saint John
Spencer Buck - KV Rangers
Liam Conrad - Moncton Hawks
William Bower - RNS
Kari Belec - Dieppe Flyers
Zach Adams - Dieppe Flyers
Riley Scott - Northern Blackhawks
Tristan Young - Northern Blackhawks
Patrick Daley - D3 Caps

Defense:
Luc Deschene - Midget Major Fredericton
Jake Vance - Notre Dame
Matt Paul - Notre Dame
Will Thompson - OHA
Chris Becker - OHA
Mitch Robinson - Moncton
Jon Cloutier - North West Bulls

Goalies:
Julien Galloway - Dieppe Flyers
Derek Goguen - Moncton Hawks
Tristan Meadows - D3 Caps
Jarod Stone - North West Bulls
Max Landry - Dieppe Flyers
NB this was a list you posted here to start this thread any of any them fallen off your list ? or any surprises that you left off this list

Old
01-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Dogpound

Halifax East Coast Ice Jam

Did anyone make it to Halifax this weekend for the Midget Tournment? Anyone impress??