HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 02:54 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
For tonites game vs Hounds Spits must pay attention the def from the hounds and jumping up in the play,the defence has scored 21 goals for the Hounds representing 20 per cent of their offence
Miller and Sproul did not play the last time here and the Spits took full advantage pumping 6 goals and an empty netter against the Sault
Conversely the Spits def has scored only 10 goals this season less then 15 per cent of the offense

Old
12-06-2012, 03:47 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
100% agree with this ....

we need a upgrade at every position

i wouldnt even be to mad if we sent dekort packing
I don't get the logic behind trading DeKort. The kid has done nothing but good things for us. I'd rather trade Pavelka (ugh) and ??? for a veteran backup to DeKort and a goal scorer.

Quote:
With all the predictions of a chippy, spirited game tonight - does Bowen dress still given that Sanvido is back? Go with seven defencemen with McNaughton in street clothes?
As long as Bowen can keep his head in the game and not pull a stupid stunt, I'm all for it. Hit them like crazy, intimidate, but only drop the gloves if they offer.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:22 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Goaltending and the future state of our goaltending is the least of our issues, even if you think its an issue at all - which I don't. Dekort doesn't have to be our number one goalie next year to be successful. It would be ideal if he were ready next year and capable, and we're doing nothing to keep that from being possible, but there's no way we should be counting on him to carry us next year. Pavelka is playing great for us, and Dekort has been solid when counted upon. What's the problem? Pavelka is undrafted and a solid overage candidate regardless of his import status, so if Dekort needs more seasoning we have an in-house option already. I know people are going to howl about wasting an OA and Import slot on the same guy, but if you're ever going to do that it's going to be for a good goalie and it's going to be when you don't have a lot of other options for OA's or Imports. That seems to be our situation on both accounts if the Niagara pick is late enough. We really don't have problems in net, Dekort is going to be fine.
In most cases I am dead set against having an OA take up an import spot on a team and in this case I am. Niederberger is an OA/import in Barrie but they also have a PPG D in OConnor as an OA and PPG F in Beyers so they are clearly getting a lot of production from their other OA's which makes having an OA/Import in Niederberger possible. With the Spits they can't score goals at all and are on pace for back to back years of ineptness in scoring goals. Add in the fact you have 2 import 1st rounders if you keep Pavelka and punt one of your import 1st rounders that will be 2 import 1st rounders you have punted on in the last 2 years. Spits are on pace to have 2 20 goal players this year which is less than last year, Vail should get 20 but considering he has gone in the tank recently there's no guarantee he gets 20. You can keep Pavelka if you want for next year but this team will have problems scoring goals again.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:32 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I don't get the logic behind trading DeKort. The kid has done nothing but good things for us. I'd rather trade Pavelka (ugh) and ??? for a veteran backup to DeKort and a goal scorer.
Probably has to do with the fact DeKort would have more value than Pavelka. It's not easy to find a place for an import goalie because you also need to find a team that can take on an import or move on. So obviously teams like London and Kitchener aren't destinations for obvious reasons. Belleville and Owen Sound aren't destinations because of the goalies they have. Sarnia has a goalie, Soo have productive imports etc.. you get my point. The only match you may have is Ottawa but only a couple players should interest Windsor and probably not worth it.

Old
12-06-2012, 05:56 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Probably has to do with the fact DeKort would have more value than Pavelka. It's not easy to find a place for an import goalie because you also need to find a team that can take on an import or move on. So obviously teams like London and Kitchener aren't destinations for obvious reasons. Belleville and Owen Sound aren't destinations because of the goalies they have. Sarnia has a goalie, Soo have productive imports etc.. you get my point. The only match you may have is Ottawa but only a couple players should interest Windsor and probably not worth it.
A possible destination for Pavelka might be Sudbury who have an O/A Goalie in Vienneau. Both their imports are 17. Not sure how good they are but perhaps one might be available in the right trade if you included a Bateman/Maletta. Sudbury might be in a position to deal some vet help if they decide to give up on this year and take a run for the roses next year. A couple of these vets might even up the trade.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Thats the problem tho we always trade are young goalie that has potential, Hacket look at him now and Neuvirth I know we didn't draft him but we had him then as fast as he came he was gone. Dekort has some real potential and if you Don't see it your blind I mean there's no need to trade him or I really Believe we will be kicking are selves in the *** once again, and I believe that warren move him Im 100% sure or I'll eat my hat. How much value does Kuchemy got, I no he's soon good in junior B, and honestly I would move Pav before Dekort even tho hands down Pavs been are best player if it's January and spits are 8th or 9th move him for a 2nd and a 94,95 player.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Thats the problem tho we always trade are young goalie that has potential, Hacket look at him now and Neuvirth I know we didn't draft him but we had him then as fast as he came he was gone. Dekort has some real potential and if you Don't see it your blind I mean there's no need to trade him or I really Believe we will be kicking are selves in the *** once again, and I believe that warren move him Im 100% sure or I'll eat my hat. How much value does Kuchemy got, I no he's soon good in junior B, and honestly I would move Pav before Dekort even tho hands down Pavs been are best player if it's January and spits are 8th or 9th move him for a 2nd and a 94,95 player.
Hackett showed very little while he was here. He thrived in Plymouth so that's props to him... it has nothing to do with "trading young goalies with potential". He was traded for Neuivirth who was then flipped to Oshawa for Shugg and Dale Mitchell.

Yeah...bad deal to give up on those "young goalies with potential".

Old
12-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

You guys have filled another one. Nice work. Continue in...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1303921

Closed Thread