HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who wants Jonathan Bernier?

Old
12-06-2012, 04:25 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Np the kings want a frist and a prospect for Bernier Simply put if there no frist in the deal theres no deal for the kings to be made Where as in your words la would be fortunate to get a goalie like enroth and a young forward Ill stick to my asking price of a frist and prospect. I dont see a deal to be made between la and buffalo.
Frist? like I get spelling it wrong once but, come on man.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Frist? like I get spelling it wrong once but, come on man.
My spelling / grammer / typing isn't my strongest suit oviously Sometimes when i type my left hand types before my right my own version of dyslexic and i get mixed up letter Sorry for any confusion. In this case i knew i had a few different things to comment on and didn't reread it before posting. I will try and reread before posting

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
My spelling / grammer / typing isn't my strongest suit oviously Sometimes when i type my left hand types before my right my own version of dyslexic and i get mixed up letter Sorry for any confusion. In this case i knew i had a few different things to comment on and didn't reread it before posting. I will try and reread before posting
I had a feeling as I have the same problem to a mild extent.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:08 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I had a feeling as I have the same problem to a mild extent.
Thanks i'm happy someone understands althou I will try harder to make it occur less often.

Old
12-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Thanks i'm happy someone understands althou I will try harder to make it occur less often.
I wouldn't sweat too much about it. .

Old
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I wouldn't sweat too much about it. .
i don't and normally i wouldn't even comment to it but i've gotten a bit more active and thought i should comment to it once.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:31 AM
ALine

Quote:
That is your right to think what you want but i think u really need to watch bernier play and not just look at stats. To me and anyone that has watched Bernier play its a clear upgrade but this is a Kadri value thread so i invite you and others that want to continue the bernier bashing to come over to the bernier thread and exchange thoughts but please read the thread before posting so i dont have to rehash the value stuff as i ve posted to that point alot and tire of reposting stuff i ve already said.
I really don't appreciate my opinion being dismissed as a 'basher' or 'hater' because it differs from yours. I've seen Berneir play, albeit not as much as kings fans certainly. I could just as easily say watch Leafs more often. But I won't, because I have no idea of your time spent viewin the Leafs, as you with me and the Kings. I just read through the latest Bernier thread, and no where do you offer up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
That's what the same people in this thread were saying about him getting an invite when Canuck fans suggested he would get one and look how that turned out so excuse us if we don't believe others in this thread when they tell us that. Personally I think he has a shot at the 7th d-man spot. He played exceptionally well on his offside paired with Hamilton in the SSS. I believe he is also 2nd in scoring for d-men in the ohl while he is known more as a defensive d-man with amazing skating abilities. They already have Hamilton oulette and maybe even Murphy who are all ofd so there would be no point in adding anymore ofd over a 2 way guy
I would say Hamilton is a pretty solid at both ends, I think refering to him as strictly an offensive defensemen is wrong. The same could be said for Murray, but not quite to the same degree. A guy like Rielly is a pure offensive defensemen. an reason why Bernier is/will be better than Reimer, other than ' he is'. Is get the vibe from your posts hat you confuse your opinion with actual facts. Many young goalies have great junior careers, attain many accolades, but amount to nothing in the NHL. For this reason, his junior success should have no bearing on what he will be in the NHl. I could list many examples from the leafs alone. So without tiring you out, for what reasons do you believe Bernier will end up as a superior goalie to Reimer. Don't worry about rehashing things because you have t really made a point in the first place that I can see. Maybe you could refer to a specific post?

ALine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:57 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
I really don't appreciate my opinion being dismissed as a 'basher' or 'hater' because it differs from yours. I've seen Berneir play, albeit not as much as kings fans certainly. I could just as easily say watch Leafs more often. But I won't, because I have no idea of your time spent viewin the Leafs, as you with me and the Kings. I just read through the latest Bernier thread, and no where do you offer up

I would say Hamilton is a pretty solid at both ends, I think refering to him as strictly an offensive defensemen is wrong. The same could be said for Murray, but not quite to the same degree. A guy like Rielly is a pure offensive defensemen. an reason why Bernier is/will be better than Reimer, other than ' he is'. Is get the vibe from your posts hat you confuse your opinion with actual facts. Many young goalies have great junior careers, attain many accolades, but amount to nothing in the NHL. For this reason, his junior success should have no bearing on what he will be in the NHl. I could list many examples from the leafs alone. So without tiring you out, for what reasons do you believe Bernier will end up as a superior goalie to Reimer. Don't worry about rehashing things because you have t really made a point in the first place that I can see. Maybe you could refer to a specific post?

wow calm down i didnt just dismiss your opinion like your a basher i said you have a right to it. If you note where i live im forced to see the leafs as the majority of games our shown locally its alot harder to see king games then leafs games. As you had stated in ur previous statement there stat lines are simlar etc this to me shows ur just looking at stats and not seeing him play which i think you would change ur mind. Its not being dismissive its a point i think you need to do before comparing bernier and reimer.

Minior league stats have alot to do with potential of a goalie if he has lead a team to the playoff and succed it shows a little of what he can do. He has been taken his time to develope slowly and not rushed to the nhl. He was delveloped proberly and slowly moved up unlike remier that imo was just thrown to the wolves. The kings developement of goalies is also alot better. See other goalies in the ahl right now delveloped by the kings and also see quick.

Bernier is a calm technically sound who rarely gives up a bad goal or shows emotion on the ice. Therefore hes better to handle the pressure of the nhl games. He not exactly that inexperienced hes been on a nhl roster a while I think hes earned a shot to play more. When hes played regualar his stats are alot better. the thing is hes stuck behind a vesina quality player in quick. As stated elsewhere in this post bernier has earned awards for his goaltending where as remier hasnt at any level. remier also hasnt lead any of his teams to any playoff sucess where bernier has. I hope this shows u a why i see bernier as a better goalie option. I never once said ur goalie suck all im saying is with bernier your team has a better shot at the playoffs then with reimer and scrievns

Old
12-07-2012, 05:52 AM
ALine

Hey ya I did come off as a dick there sorry, and thanks for the reply. I now am clear on your opinion of Bernier and why you think he would be a better option. You make some good points about his game. One thing that did just occur to me though about showing emotion. That is an area where Reimer does lack a little dicipline. You can see he can get a little frazzled with a lot of activity around the net. Definately an area that Berniier superior to Reimer. Not to say he doesn't battle pretty well though. What I've seen of Bernier on terrible internet streams left me impressed, but I have been equally impressed by Reimer at times. Tbh quite dissapointed some times aswell but he's a young goalie on a team that fails to play in front of him occasionally.

Don't get me wrong here guys didn't mean to come across as a dbag there. Its not that I don't like Bernier, its just the cost to acqure ( Kadri and a 1st/2nd seems to be the consensus among kings fans?) and the slight uncertainty that still remains (well as I perceive it anyways). I would actually rather Luongo if it came down to it. But you can file me in the Reimer pile for now.

ALine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:12 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
Hey ya I did come off as a dick there sorry, and thanks for the reply. I now am clear on your opinion of Bernier and why you think he would be a better option. You make some good points about his game. One thing that did just occur to me though about showing emotion. That is an area where Reimer does lack a little dicipline. You can see he can get a little frazzled with a lot of activity around the net. Definately an area that Berniier superior to Reimer. Not to say he doesn't battle pretty well though. What I've seen of Bernier on terrible internet streams left me impressed, but I have been equally impressed by Reimer at times. Tbh quite dissapointed some times aswell but he's a young goalie on a team that fails to play in front of him occasionally.

Don't get me wrong here guys didn't mean to come across as a dbag there. Its not that I don't like Bernier, its just the cost to acqure ( Kadri and a 1st/2nd seems to be the consensus among kings fans?) and the slight uncertainty that still remains (well as I perceive it anyways). I would actually rather Luongo if it came down to it. But you can file me in the Reimer pile for now.
No problem no offense taken i understand in the heat of the moment reactions. It proberly didnt help when i said to continue the bashing of bernier in this thread. I ment it more of tounge and cheek sorta response and see how that can mislead you but i do apprecaite the appolgy. I thank you for saying i cleared up my opinion on why Bernier is a better goalie didnt think i would get thru to anyone. I truely think they would be a good duo and they can feed off each other to make the leafs a play off contender.

As for what kings fan want for Bernier there is a wide difference of opinion but the one thing we seem to agree on is a frist round pick. We all feel we need one at minimum for him. As for the player thats were we differ some like myself think frattin is the player. I think Kadri would work as well. Others want aston carter some want ross others want biggs. In all my offers i protect the leafs from it being a top 9 pick but with Kadri i make it top 7 protected as imo Kadri has less value then frattin or ross or big or aston. In this thread there was a deal almost made having moller and bernier loktionov for ashton ross and condition top 9 protected frist round pick almost reached between me and vinnybaby.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
KingCanadain1976

opps forgot to respond to the fact you perfer loungo lol again that fine but i wouldnt want to tie up that much cash for a goalie long term but i do understand the reason to want something permentate The getting stuck with a goalie that doesn't work for that many years would frustrate me. Bernier is rfa after this season and proberly for 2 more after it with the cba going the way it looks like. So cheap and easy to move out if he dont work

Old
12-07-2012, 06:58 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
KingCanadain1976 opps forgot to respond to the fact you perfer loungo lol again that fine but i wouldnt want to tie up that much cash for a goalie long term but i do understand the reason to want something permentate The getting stuck with a goalie that doesn't work for that many years would frustrate me. Bernier is rfa after this season and proberly for 2 more after it with the cba going the way it looks like. So cheap and easy to move out if he dont work
Given the leafs cap space and our love for buying out contracts. I have no doubt Burke is a gambling man and will take a big run at Luongo. Bernier is someone I have interest in but at the end of the day we need a proven star to help this team. Also Burke has a love for slumping players, see Phaneuf, Lombardi, Connolly, MacArthur, Ranger and others for more details.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:15 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
I could see the Oilers being interested when Khabby is done.
A tandem of Dubey and Bernier might be good.
I'd love Bernier on the Oilers. Khabby only has 4 months left on his contract. Season is lost anyways at this point.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:11 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
I'd love Bernier on the Oilers. Khabby only has 4 months left on his contract. Season is lost anyways at this point.
I really dont see la trading again with edmonton anytime soon but if they do i would expect it to be a over payment like mps and o mark and a frist for bernier if not more.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
I really dont see la trading again with edmonton anytime soon but if they do i would expect it to be a over payment like mps and o mark and a frist for bernier if not more.
Edmonton has pretty much lost or gotten the worse end of the stick the last four or so trades that have occurred between the two GMs.

We need either a top defensemen prospect or a good first rounder.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:24 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Edmonton has pretty much lost or gotten the worse end of the stick the last four or so trades that have occurred between the two GMs.

We need either a top defensemen prospect or a good first rounder.
I want the kings to face Bernier as little as possible therefore sending him east is proberly best. Edmontons going to be a great club when the get a goalie like Bernier. With this in mind is why i say don't give up him without a overpayment.

I don't see top end defensemen being a need as much as say a top scoring winger on the left side to replace gagne and penner but this is only a opinion as is yours.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Lebowski

I feel like the Kings have held onto him for too long. He was once regarded as one of thee best goalie prospect in the world and had a rather decent trade value, but now... I don't really see what makes him more special than a guy a la Reimer.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:24 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I feel like the Kings have held onto him for too long. He was once regarded as one of thee best goalie prospect in the world and had a rather decent trade value, but now... I don't really see what makes him more special than a guy a la Reimer.
The kings had to hold on to him till Quick proved himself and was signed long term. As for not seeing how hes a upgrade on reimer again thats your opinion but there are alot more people that can see it. See post 133 for my reasons.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePony View Post
If there is no season and Nabokov walks from the Isles, they may want a #1 to hold the fort while Nilsson/Poulin back up.

i think he is growing fond of being there... his issue is that team sucks but that team is clearly getting better. and has any one seen their pool of prospects? holy smokes. they musta brought in a new gm since that goon mike milbury ran that team into the deepest parts of the ocean

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Kegs

Quote:
The kings had to hold on to him till Quick proved himself and was signed long term. As for not seeing how hes a upgrade on reimer again thats your opinion but there are alot more people that can see it. See post 133 for my reasons.

neither goalie has truely proved them selves in his defence... i havent seen much of bernier

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs View Post
neither goalie has truely proved them selves in his defence... i havent seen much of bernier
I ve seen evey game bernier played in the nhl other then the rookie game. I think all bernier needs is a chance to play and if quick hasn't been playing so well he would have had a chance by now. Bernier has a presence in a net that has to be scene. He is calm and rarely has a bad game ( last year only one that i can remember was against the red wings)

Old
12-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Blank

Quote:
In this thread there was a deal almost made having moller and bernier loktionov for ashton ross and condition top 9 protected frist round pick almost reached between me and vinnybaby.
Take out the condition on the pick and LA might go for it.. As of now they're giving up a nr.2 ranked prospect in their system+a potential nr.1 goalie AND a recently graduated prospect that projects to be a keeper for good but not great pieces.

Ashton<Lok
Ross<<Moller
A mid 1st << Bernier

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:37 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Take out the condition on the pick and LA might go for it.. As of now they're giving up a nr.2 ranked prospect in their system+a potential nr.1 goalie AND a recently graduated prospect that projects to be a keeper for good but not great pieces.

Ashton<Lok
Ross<<Moller
A mid 1st << Bernier
Loki > ashton Loki has played games where ashton still hasn't.

ross> to moller not by as much as you think
bernier > mid first just needs the games in the nhl to prove it

The only way the leafs do this is to protect them from it being a top 9 pick as they dont want another kessel situation. La would be fine with it cause a 10 - 15 pick would be the range they could still get a great prospect or a player down the strenght for it.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:41 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
I thought i'd re open a can of worms. What teams are in the market for a goalie?

I'd be after young scoring wingers or picks or young defensive dmen that can hit. Perhaps a combination of each depending on whose being offered
Kessel for Bernier and Forbort.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Blank

Quote:
ross> to moller not by as much as you think
Until Ross scores close to a PPG vs. men it ain't even close.

Sure Ross brings a lot of good attributes to the table, but I'd still take Moller ahead of him.

LA has no need to downgrade their prospect pool to get rid of Bernier, so they'd pass this instantly.. I'm pretty sure they could get a mid 1st from some other team without bending over in the process.

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote