HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-Ana

Old
12-06-2012, 08:57 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
This is a great idea.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:47 PM
echlfreak

vCash: 500
What about Ryan instead...Ducks have been trying to get rid of him for the last 2 yrs and he still has another yr left on his deal.

Ducks get:

Elder
Raymond

Canucks get:

Ryan
Holland

then...

Tor gets:

Luongo
Kassian

Van gets:

Gardiner
Kulemin
2nd Rd Pick

Lastly Van signs:

Arnott 1 yr $1.75M

Equals

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Jason Arnott ($1.750m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m)
Dale Weise ($0.615m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Jake Gardiner ($1.117m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)
Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,356,667; BONUSES: $212,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,055,833

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
What about Ryan instead...Ducks have been trying to get rid of him for the last 2 yrs and he still has another yr left on his deal.

Ducks get:

Elder
Raymond

Canucks get:

Ryan
Holland

then...

Tor gets:

Luongo
Kassian

Van gets:

Gardiner
Kulemin
2nd Rd Pick

Lastly Van signs:

Arnott 1 yr $1.75M

Equals

Dale Weise ($0.615m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------

Not even close, Ryan won't go anywhere until we see what happens with Getzlaf and Perry. Even then he likely won't be traded, especially not for an underpayment like this. Also Holland is not being traded unless there is a better center under contract coming back.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I think it's far more viable to go after Perry than Ryan at this point in time.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:

Ducks get:

Elder
Raymond

Canucks get:

Ryan
Holland

then...

Tor gets:

Luongo
Kassian

Van gets:

Gardiner
Kulemin
2nd Rd Pick

Lastly Van signs:

Arnott 1 yr $1.75M

Equals

Dale Weise ($0.615m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
get rid of Kassian from Vancouver and 2nd round from Toronto and it would be a fair deal.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
A) No, the Ducks have not. He was being mentioned in rumors a lot, most of all. There's a good chance that we've been doing what most sane teams do, and listen to offers seeing whether there's a deal that could improve the team. But that's not trying to get rid of someone, either. If we had wanted to get rid of him, nothing would have been easier, and it would have been long done.
B) He actually has two years on his deal after this one.

Quote:
Ducks get:

Elder
Raymond

Canucks get:

Ryan
Holland
Terrible value for Anaheim. Edler is a rental, while Ryan is signed for 2.5 years. Their respective values aren't remotely close. Raymond's another rental, and even if he wasn't, his would not have the value of a very good prospect in Holland. It's rather atrocious value for Anaheim.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

How about we just do 3 1sts for Perry(provided he won't re-sign with Anaheim)?

Hopefully the Canucks can get another 1st by trading Luongo so as not to miss out on this draft, and our core will be set for years to come.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
How about we just do 3 1sts for Perry(provided he won't re-sign with Anaheim)?
If it came to that, we'd be looking at different pieces. Our prospect pool is alright. We'd want pieces that are as close to contributing as possible, most likely.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
If it came to that, we'd be looking at different pieces. Our prospect pool is alright. We'd want pieces that are as close to contributing as possible, most likely.
I hear that, but it's unlikely contenders(the only teams looking to acquire Perry, most likely) would be willing to give up many "win now" pieces. If you prefer I would do Raymond, Kassian, 1st as well, assuming that we were fairly confident he would re-sign with us.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Far fetched and somewhat close value skewed to Anaheim's favor. Only problem is Vancouver needs D and doesn't really need another forward, at least as much as they need D, for a rental. Personally, trying to keep Edler and trading someone like Kassian plus other non-roster parts for rental Perry makes more sense to me.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I hear that, but it's unlikely contenders(the only teams looking to acquire Perry, most likely) would be willing to give up many "win now" pieces. If you prefer I would do Raymond, Kassian, 1st as well, assuming that we were fairly confident he would re-sign with us.
If there was a trade for Perry knowing he would be resigned his value would be likely much higher. I don't even think adding Jensen would be enough for a signed Perry.

If it was a Kovy situation I'd say your proposal is more than fair. Good pieces going back for a super star rental... Perry would push you guys over the top.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Oh, for sure, obviously I don't expect a scenario in which Perry gets dealt as a rental and we don't get significantly worse. No question. And there would certainly be futures involved. The alternative you offered would already be a lot closer to our interests, I think. I just don't think picks would be the pieces having the biggest value in a Perry trade.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
If there was a trade for Perry knowing he would be resigned his value would be likely much higher.

If it was a Kovy situation I'd say your proposal is more than fair.

The Canucks would be scary with Perry (not trying to rhyme). If you would get a signed Perry would you trade Jensen, Kassian, 1st + Cap Dump (Ballard)? I'd say thats more along the lines... even that might fall short..
Yeah, if it were a sign-n-trade he would get more, but all I meant was that if we felt we had a good chance at getting him locked up long-term, I would do something like that. I think the Kovalchuk deal is a good basis, although I do think Kovalchuk was/is a better player than Perry.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Far fetched and somewhat close value skewed to Anaheim's favor. Only problem is Vancouver needs D and doesn't really need another forward, at least as much as they need D, for a rental. Personally, trying to keep Edler and trading someone like Kassian plus other non-roster parts for rental Perry makes more sense to me.
Didn't think I would ever agree with a Kings fan but I agree. People really underestimate the impact of losing Edler.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:12 PM
JuniorNelson

Edler refused to sign with Vancouver before the lockout. This is a bolder statement than Luongo has made about wanting out. With Luongo it's all talk so far, Edler has taken action.

Moving Edler makes far more sense than trading Luongo. Canucks have six other defensemen but only have one other NHL goalie and he's a noob.

Edler will sign somewhere. Having him on your team, learning your system might be an advantage, no? I look at Anahiem's defense and I see room for Edler and his game. I think Edler is a fit and possibly Luongo, too, if Hiller is not able to continue or is traded to Toronto. Luongo and Edler will bring balance to Anahiem and I think offer fair value for a top six forward, whomever that may be.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Edler refused to sign with Vancouver before the lockout. This is a bolder statement than Luongo has made about wanting out. With Luongo it's all talk so far, Edler has taken action.

Moving Edler makes far more sense than trading Luongo. Canucks have six other defensemen but only have one other NHL goalie and he's a noob.

Edler will sign somewhere. Having him on your team, learning your system might be an advantage, no? I look at Anahiem's defense and I see room for Edler and his game. I think Edler is a fit and possibly Luongo, too, if Hiller is not able to continue or is traded to Toronto. Luongo and Edler will bring balance to Anahiem and I think offer fair value for a top six forward, whomever that may be.
What? Lots of players didn't finish to hammer out their contracts. Unless you think all of Getzlaf, Flippula, Weiss, etc are all purposely refusing to sign with their teams. It's far more likely that the owners were just waiting until the CBA was resolved before handing out new contracts(which is why Weber signed an offer sheet to force Nashville's hand, so to speak).

Old
12-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:

Ducks get:

Elder
Raymond

Canucks get:

Ryan
Holland
This is terrible for the Ducks. They get rid of 2 players who they have control over for 2 UFA's? Why exactly would they do this trade?

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Read what is quoted below.

do ya like it? haha
I love it.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:

Huh??? Why are we trading Hiller to Toronto and taking on a goalie with a lifeime contract?

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:

Why would Hiller not be able to continue? He responded to his concussion by playing 73 games last season. It's a safe bet to say, he's able to continue.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote