HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 Canada 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 03:26 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
You didn't end up answering me from the last thread: How many times have you seen Corrado play & were focused on him while watching?
I'm not sure exactly. Probably somewhere around 4-6. Sudbury doesn't come to Owen Sound too much. And no, I didn't focus on him. He was noticeable because of how much he played, but I'm usually more focused on the Attack and draft eligible kids than guys like Corrado.

Quote:
Mention Corrado's name once in this thread & you have people saying he is getting his tires pumped, that he's being overhyped ...etc
This thread(and the last) is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

You've got 4-5 Canucks fans basically saying "You guys don't know about Corrado. He'll make the team". Meanwhile, the other 95% of the posters, which includes a good number of OHL followers, don't even consider him in contention for the 7th defenseman spot.

He's a good prospect, but you guys need to tone it down.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:27 PM
jedimyrmidon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
The difference between game 1 and 2 was they took that plug Dea of the line and added Drouin...
AND put Mackinnon back at center where he definitely looked more on his game rushing the puck up the ice.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I'm not sure exactly. Probably somewhere around 4-6. Sudbury doesn't come to Owen Sound too much. And no, I didn't focus on him. He was noticeable because of how much he played, but I'm usually more focused on the Attack and draft eligible kids than guys like Corrado.

You've got 4-5 Canucks fans basically saying "You guys don't know about Corrado. He'll make the team". Meanwhile, the other 95% of the posters, which includes a good number of OHL followers, don't even consider him in contention for the 7th defenseman spot.

So you've seen him roughly 5 times but he was not your main focus. Now we know how in depth your scouting has been on him. I have to ask though: Do you think by watching a player roughly 5 times that you have an accurate report on the player? Do you think that is a decent enough sample size to get an accurate report on a player's ability?

There have been 4 or 5 Canuck posters in here saying that? I know I said I thought he was a dark horse to make the team & then you have Canucker saying he will.. where are the others? But how DARE we bring up our own prospect, we sure are being unreasonable.. I mean its not like other fan bases are doing the same....

Maybe the other 95% of the posters are trying to push their own prospects? Maybe they've never seen Corrado play, maybe they just look at his stats, heck maybe they just look at his draft position & compare it to the others? I don't know how people make their opinions but I know their opinions don't really matter when it comes to selection. I know some people in earlier threads were saying Corrado wouldn't even get an invite... yet he did!

Old
12-06-2012, 03:55 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Corrado isnt on Ouellets level. Hes comparable to Sproul depending what the team needs. A lot of people have Sproul because after Hamilton hes arguably the best offensive dman in the O. Hes 6'4 and can provide some physical play.

Corrado is grittier? None of these guys are a Dumba but none are complete softies either. Leadership thats a joke. Ouellet took Blainsville from a team projected to be last and led them on a deep playoff run last year as an 18 year old captain and a large part of that run was attributed to him and his leadership thats apparently worse than Corrados. I think they have enough two way guys and Corrado doesnt do any one thing great. Thats why I would take Sproul because hes arguably the best goal scoring dman in the CHL and is an amazing skater for his size. Corrado could make it over Sproul but theres no chance at making it over Ouellet

Ouellet was voted the second best dman in the Q last year and is considered by everyone pretty much to be the best Q dman. Hes the go to guy on a top 5 team in the CHL, compared to Corrado who plays on a bad team so receives more ice time with inferior players. I'll take the guy whose the go to guy on a top 10 CHL team over a guy who looks good out there compared to crappy guys on his team.
And Canucks fans are homers?

Old
12-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Snippit

If Mackinnon makes the team, it won't be as a 2nd line centre but a 2nd line winger.

He doesn't fit the bottom 6 mould, and RNH + Strome are the better centres in the top 6.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:10 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

I haven't read ONE person say Corrado is a lock. Not one.

The mere mention of his name is considered tire pumping its ridiculous.

He's invited to the camp. He has a chance, that is all people are saying.

The only people stating their opinions as facts are the ones stating he will not make the team.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:25 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Not at all dude. Ouellet really is on another level than Corrado. He also has a great reputation in the Q and with team Canada.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:25 PM
The Saurus

Quote:

I can't remember the last time a fringe player caused this much discussion before the WJC started.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:44 PM
ALine

Quote:
I haven't read ONE person say Corrado is a lock. Not one.

The mere mention of his name is considered tire pumping its ridiculous.

He's invited to the camp. He has a chance, that is all people are saying.

The only people stating their opinions as facts are the ones stating he will not make the team.
Then you haven't read post #206. That is where a poster said he will definately make the team, and kicked of this little debate.

I agree with the majority here. Even though I am in the same boat at dnicks, we don't get Sudbury down here a whole lot, and I have only seen him a couple time. Plus its sudbury. Not exactly a huge draw LOL. But there's a lot of options and his position, and most of those are more suited. He's a longshot for a seventh defensemen. Even if he makes it, I don't see him getting in the game, save for injuries.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
Then you haven't read post #206. That is where a poster said he will definately make the team, and kicked of this little debate.
So 1 poster's opinion started that little debate? A bit of an overreaction... no?

I know I've said I think he will be a dark horse to make this team so that clearly doesn't include me... So what about the other 4 that were claimed to be saying "You guys don't know about Corrado. He'll make the team"?

Old
12-06-2012, 05:06 PM
ALine

Quote:
So 1 poster's opinion started that little debate? A bit of an overreaction... no?

I know I've said I think he will be a dark horse to make this team so that clearly doesn't include me... So what about the other 4 that were claimed to be saying "You guys don't know about Corrado. He'll make the team"?
Well you would have ask dnicks about that claim as he is the one who made it.
I was just pointing out the origin of the debate to the poster I quoted who seemed to have missed it.

Old
12-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
Well you would have ask dnicks about that claim as he is the one who made it.
I was just pointing out the origin of the debate to the poster I quoted who seemed to have missed it.
I have & am waiting... I wasn't expecting an answer from you but was actually using your response to show that like you said there was only the one poster saying that he will make the team & that the claim of 4 or 5 Canuck fans saying that was outrageous.

Old
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
I have & am waiting... I wasn't expecting an answer from you but was actually using your response to show that like you said there was only the one poster saying that he will make the team & that the claim of 4 or 5 Canuck fans saying that was outrageous.
It's not even worth arguing.

Old
12-06-2012, 05:23 PM
dnicks17

Quote:

Just an observation on something that's been trending in the past year or so. I said the thread was an example of it, not the entire root of it.

Your original post said "Corrado's play will surprise". Sounds like you're telling people they don't know about Corrado if his play is going to surprise them. There was another post where the poster straight up said "people don't know about Corrado". Add the other post where the Canuck fan was rationalizing Corrado's lack of being in roster was in fact only his draft position's fault. Again, implying that people don't know about Corrado and are just looking at a number.

It's pretty easy finding those posts with the "Search this Thread" feature. I would recommend maybe doing a little legwork yourself next time before just brushing it off and labelling it "outrageous".

Old
12-06-2012, 05:29 PM
topched

Quote:
Just an observation on something that's been trending in the past year or so. I said the thread was an example of it, not the entire root of it.

Your original post said "Corrado's play will surprise". Sounds like you're telling people they don't know about Corrado if his play is going to surprise them. There was another post where the poster straight up said "people don't know about Corrado". Add the other post where the Canuck fan was rationalizing Corrado's lack of being in roster was in fact only his draft position's fault. Again, implying that people don't know about Corrado and are just looking at a number.

It's pretty easy finding those posts with the "Search this Thread" feature. I would recommend maybe doing a little legwork yourself next time before just brushing it off and labelling it "outrageous".

Gotta love the mentality:

1. Everyone is out to get Corrado, not giving him the respect he deserves!

2. Everyone is out to get Corrado supporters, no one said he was good enough to make the team!

Old
12-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

Well thats the thing I doubt people really know about him in the first place so yes Corrado's play will surprise them. Whats wrong with saying that? Maybe we should we survey everyone and ask if they knew who Corrado is? I have a feeling the majority of people might know the name but probably know nothing about his play. Maybe you shouldn't read into my comments too much.... its not like I'm saying this to people that have seen him regularly.

I hope you're not talking about my post.... If your going to talk about my posts you should at least try to properly quote them.

I didn't say "people don't know about Corrado" I said:

Quote:
Maybe the other 95% of the posters are trying to push their own prospects? Maybe they've never seen Corrado play, maybe they just look at his stats, heck maybe they just look at his draft position & compare it to the others? I don't know how people make their opinions but I know their opinions don't really matter when it comes to selection. I know some people in earlier threads were saying Corrado wouldn't even get an invite... yet he did!

Maybe you could answer these questions too:

Do you think by watching a player roughly 5 times that you have an accurate report on the player? Do you think that is a decent enough sample size to get an accurate report on a player's ability? If so why is such a small sample size ok to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Gotta love the mentality:

1. Everyone is out to get Corrado, not giving him the respect he deserves!

2. Everyone is out to get Corrado supporters, no one said he was good enough to make the team!

Yeah thats what its like

Old
12-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Snippit

Corrado doesn't have a shot. Too many guys in front of him right now, it's just too deep.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Do you think by watching a player roughly 5 times that you have an accurate report on the player? Do you think that is a decent enough sample size to get an accurate report on a player's ability? If so why is such a small sample size ok to use?
Sure. Even if you catch a player in his worst 5 games of his career, you'll see his skills and ability. And that's not to say I caught Corrado in bad games. I remember one game where he was really solid, but I just don't see a guy who makes a Team Canada as deep as this.

Like your fellow Canuck fan said, is this really worth arguing?

You've disagreed with my observation by arguing semantics and attacking my credibility, but offered little in the way of points to change my mind or others.

We've probably added enough white noise to this thread. Maybe it's time we move on.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Corrado doesn't have a shot. Too many guys in front of him right now, it's just too deep.
That's what the same people in this thread were saying about him getting an invite when Canuck fans suggested he would get one and look how that turned out so excuse us if we don't believe others in this thread when they tell us that. Personally I think he has a shot at the 7th d-man spot. He played exceptionally well on his offside paired with Hamilton in the SSS. I believe he is also 2nd in scoring for d-men in the ohl while he is known more as a defensive d-man with amazing skating abilities. They already have Hamilton oulette and maybe even Murphy who are all ofd so there would be no point in adding anymore ofd over a 2 way guy

Old
12-06-2012, 06:17 PM
newfy

Quote:
Not Canuck fans, nuck this seems like one and not sure if you are but if you think Ouellet and Corrado are on the same level you are too lol.

I said Corrados battling with Sproul. Most people would take Sproul because he fills a specific need instead of Corrado because hes solid at a lot of things but doesnt really stand out at one. After Hamilton though Sproul might be the best offensive dman in the O this year, not homerish. He led in goals last year and now hes one of the few putting up above a point per game. After Hamilton its probably him and Ceci for offensive dmen since Murphy isnt producing much this year

Old
12-06-2012, 06:20 PM
phillipsj89

I just LOVE how no one is talking about JC Lipon in the 4th line role. He can score (leads WHL) and last year he was instrumental in getting Rattie off his game in that Historic Kamloops- Portland series. Honestly He has a very small shot, but all you need is a shot. Same with Corrado.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:21 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
That's what the same people in this thread were saying about him getting an invite when Canuck fans suggested he would get one and look how that turned out so excuse us if we don't believe others in this thread when they tell us that. Personally I think he has a shot at the 7th d-man spot. He played exceptionally well on his offside paired with Hamilton in the SSS. I believe he is also 2nd in scoring for d-men in the ohl while he is known more as a defensive d-man with amazing skating abilities. They already have Hamilton oulette and maybe even Murphy who are all ofd so there would be no point in adding anymore ofd over a 2 way guy
He's tied for 11th.

Old
12-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
He's tied for 11th.
Oh okay yes wasn't sure but I know about a month ago he was 2nd but even still a defensive d-man at 11th in scoring for d-men in his league is pretty amazing

He can also play pp or pk. He has a booming slapper at 100 mph and it's already been stated that he's a defensive d-man

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 12-06-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old
12-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
I know right. Why did Canada name him to this camp? They are just evil and teasing this guy and Canucks fans alike

Old
12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Maybe Corrado will, maybe he won't... who knows... we'll find out soon.

Closed Thread