HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sticking up for teammates

Old
12-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Sticking up for teammates

this is where i feel the Rangers will miss Dubinsky the most... always the first involved..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Thanks for the clips

Sure do miss Dubi

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:47 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

This is all you ever care about or are concerned about is fighting and sticking up for teammates. That's not what the game of hockey is about. The objection is to score more goals than the other team and for what dubinsky was making, he simply was not helping in that area at all. I am not a fan that is against fighting. I believe it is necessary in the game to a point. We have replaced Dubinsky with a plethora of tough players so I don't know what the issue is here. Haley, Asham added to Rupp and Bickel. We are fine.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:51 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Oh my god that third man in call. I'll never forget it.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
This is all you ever care about or are concerned about is fighting and sticking up for teammates. That's not what the game of hockey is about. The objection is to score more goals than the other team and for what dubinsky was making, he simply was not helping in that area at all. I am not a fan that is against fighting. I believe it is necessary in the game to a point. We have replaced Dubinsky with a plethora of tough players so I don't know what the issue is here. Haley, Asham added to Rupp and Bickel. We are fine.
say gaborik gets hit from a cheapshot from Hartnell or Matt Cooke, you rather have Nash and Richards skate away... im not a fan of the fighter vs fighter type... i like players with skill and grit. Corey Perry, David Backes, Milan Lucic players like that..and Haley Asham and Rupp arent always on the ice and all of them would most likely fight the other teams tough guys.. and there is no one to call out Crosby's baby antics..

Old
12-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Oh my god that third man in call. I'll never forget it.
Game misconduct for being the second man in an altercation

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Game misconduct for being the second man in an altercation
i just hope he doesnt do much at this..lose to malkin

Old
12-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

I'm starting to think this "Sticking up for teammates" thread has an secondary motive...

Old
12-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Kershaw

Vastly overrated trait in hockey.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Vastly overrated trait in hockey.
Really? In the sport where the whole point is to be "tough", this is overrated?

Last edited by Krampus: 12-06-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Leetch66

Nothing wrong with having a guy that can pot 20 and drop em too . It goes a long way in the room between periods and after the games amongst teams that are tight with each other . I totally disagree with it being overrated . The only thing overrated was Dubi's scoring ability . He probably will be a regular 18- 20 goal and 5 fights a season in Columbus .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Really? In the sport where the whole pint is to be "tough", this is overrated?
You've vastly misinterpreted the rules. The whole point is to score more goals than the other team.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:11 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
say gaborik gets hit from a cheapshot from Hartnell or Matt Cooke, you rather have Nash and Richards skate away... im not a fan of the fighter vs fighter type... i like players with skill and grit. Corey Perry, David Backes, Milan Lucic players like that..and Haley Asham and Rupp arent always on the ice and all of them would most likely fight the other teams tough guys.. and there is no one to call out Crosby's baby antics..
You can't play the game that way though. You can't game plan or rather alter your game plan around your star player potentially receiving a cheap shot. Keyword "potentially." You just can't. That is playing the game SCARED. It is hockey. And in this era, there are new rules with heavier fines and suspensions protecting all players. You look around the league you don't have a heavyweight on every 1st line in the league. And this point youre wasting your time on is all moot because Dubinsky WASN'T EVEN ON GABORIK'S LINE. Did you watch this team last year prnyc? I don't think you were paying attention because teams such as the flyers and bruins specifically went into games earlier in the season trying to bully us. Did that happen? Nope. We fought back every time, won a lot of fights, there were no real cheap shots other than the ference on mcdonagh hit, and we had a winning record against those teams. Those teams went to the playoffs. To me this is a stupid, needless argument.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Yeah, but we have Callahan, Boyle, Pyatt, and Nash will fight if needed. We still have toughness and guys that will undoubtedly back one another up. Although, I will miss Dubi alot. He brought a lot to this team.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Yeah, but we have Callahan, Boyle, Pyatt, and Nash will fight if needed. We still have toughness and guys that will undoubtedly back one another up. Although, I will miss Dubi alot. He brought a lot to this team.
Boyle is horrible at it for a guy his size. I dont wanna see him fight unless he improved a lot

Old
12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

SOOOOOOOOOo stoked for Pyatt.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
SOOOOOOOOOo stoked for Pyatt.
I'm stoked about his signing. Always been a fan of his.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Really? In the sport where the whole point is to be "tough", this is overrated?
The point is to actually score more goals. Some think being "tough" is an attribute that helps you accomplish that but it means squat if you don't have all the other components.

The concept of sticking up for teammates has gotten out of hand.
If Gaborik gets drilled with a hard clean check and gets knocked down it's idioitc to chase the guy around and fight him. what have you proved? Most likely you are proving you have a good PK.

To me, the action above has no impact on the team other than potentially a negative one. That is not toughness.

The correct response is to drill one of their guys with a clean check next opportunity that arises. That's tough...Team tougness... The days of players taking liberties with star players and using intimidation are long long gone. Most of the guys in the NHL are big and strong enough to take care of themselves (watch Ovie or Kovie when they decidee to fight. They can handle themselves).

Cliffy1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:37 AM
beastly115

I'd still rather have Nash and his 40+ goals riding shotgun to Richards.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:41 AM
NYR Viper

I have always been a fan of having a team who can police for themselves. I was a fan of having Bickel in the line-up towards the end of last season for that very reason. I like Rupp, I loved Prust.

The Rangers haven't had a player who could play top-6 minutes and really strike fear physically in an opponent for a long time. People can say that scoring goals is the only way to win a game and while I will agree, scoring goals should be the primary concern, toughness and physicality are important as well.

I like the way the Rangers are slotted with Rupp, Asham/Haley(who I like a lot), Boyle, Callahan, Pyatt and hopefully Bickel and Sauer on the back-end. I would love to see a Ryane Clowe-type of player but they are so difficult to find nowadays.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
jw2

Pyatt won't replace this part of Dubinsky's game.
I think Haley will be a great replacement for Prust... but he needs to get on John Ts good side or he'll stay in CT.

Asham will take care of that. And eventually, Rupp will become a spectator.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
Boo hoo we lost Dubi, who sticks up for teammates. I rather have the goal scorer.

I loved Dubinsky, but I much rather have Nash than him, Anisimov, Erixon, and 1st.

12-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

The Rangers haven't had a player who could play top-6 minutes and really strike fear physically in an opponent for a long time. People can say that scoring goals is the only way to win a game and while I will agree, scoring goals should be the primary concern, toughness and physicality are important as well.
I would love to see a Ryane Clowe-type of player but they are so difficult to find nowadays.
This is why I can't wait for the arrival of JT Miller. He has some skill grit and plays a good 2 way game..always sticks up for teammates.. I'd love David Backes on this team. Picked after Hugh Jessiman in 03 draft..

Old
12-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

who needs dubi to stick up for guys when have asham...

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:10 PM
M Gaz
Drink to me

I love goalscoring, but I'd prefer that we don't end up like the 2011 Canucks either...

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote