HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Albany Devils game atmosphere?

Old
12-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Yitz

vCash: 500
Albany Devils game atmosphere?

I'm a student in the Albany area and I was thinking about going to an Albany Devils game. I was wondering if anyone could let me know what the atmosphere is like at the games. Have people been showing up to games? I mean, for $10 tickets I'll go no matter what but if the crowds are good and the building is gonna be reasonably filled I might try and get a big group together or something.

Yitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

From what the attendance looks like on the scorecard every game, they usually don't seem to even get to 3k people in attendance. Many times not eclipsing 2500.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Devils1029

Took the drive up from Jersey a few weeks back with the family to take in a Saturday night game vs Adirondack....actually got to see them win. The TUC is not the Prudential Center and there are a lot less people in there but it is a very pleasant experience to take in. Great for the family and young kids but also you can get seats right up against the glass for pretty cheap and everything, parking, food, beer, and souveneirs are all a lot less than down in Newark.

Fans get into it and while there are a number of cheesy promotions and such, it really was a lot of fun. I really had a blast and am planning another trip up on January 6th unless we get regular hockey back in time....

Devils1029 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Relative to some AHL arenas, TUC is HUGE. A 17500 cap arena is gonna look dead no matter what teams are playing that night, unfortunately. That can affect the atmosphere, but the hockey is always a blast, especially if you have an interest in the teams playing. At least that's how it always feels to me in Hartford's graveyard of an arena.

Eggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Relative to some AHL arenas, TUC is HUGE. A 17500 cap arena is gonna look dead no matter what teams are playing that night, unfortunately. That can affect the atmosphere, but the hockey is always a blast, especially if you have an interest in the teams playing. At least that's how it always feels to me in Hartford's graveyard of an arena.
You going to the game this Sunday? I'm thinking of going.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote