HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Season Tickets

Old
12-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Kinsler532

vCash: 500
Season Tickets

How many people are considering dropping their season tickets beause they are fed up with this lockout?

Kinsler532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:40 PM
dugman

Seventeen.

dugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsler532 View Post
How many people are considering dropping their season tickets beause they are fed up with this lockout?
Possible responses ...

I will not pay for another ticket! (Until they start playing again)

I am done with the NHL! (Until the lockout is over)

I will give up my season tickets, when I can't afford them, or move out of the area, or hate the sport.

Once someone cancels their season tickets, there's a great chance you won't have another chance to buy seasons again for 10+ years. This is the second lockout I'm experiencing being a STH. I accept the risk and roll with it. No need to huff and puff and stomp my feet and threaten to cancel my tickets.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 08:47 PM
UncleBenny

Hopefully I dont sound like a jerk asking this, but are you guys actually expected to pay for tickets with no refund even if they don't play a game this season? That's ridiculous if thats how out works.

UncleBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:08 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
Hopefully I dont sound like a jerk asking this, but are you guys actually expected to pay for tickets with no refund even if they don't play a game this season? That's ridiculous if thats how out works.
Unless next seasons ticket prices increase, the money I paid in full before October, will pay for next season instead. I opted to keep my money with the Sabres. And in turn I get a percentage put on my SabreBucks card on top of them already giving me a percentage of what I paid on my SabreBucks card. I could have opted to withdraw the money I paid, but didn't want to. It is not a "hey we have your money muah ha ha ha!"

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:18 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I've already paid my money to be on the waiting list, and it's not refundable.

At this point, whenever my number comes up, I'll make a decision. If the league can show me by then that it can operate without a lockout every few years, I'll consider ponying up the money. If they can't, I'll find somewhere else to spend my entertainment dollars.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Possible responses ...

I will not pay for another ticket! (Until they start playing again)

I am done with the NHL! (Until the lockout is over)

I will give up my season tickets, when I can't afford them, or move out of the area, or hate the sport.

Once someone cancels their season tickets, there's a great chance you won't have another chance to buy seasons again for 10+ years. This is the second lockout I'm experiencing being a STH. I accept the risk and roll with it. No need to huff and puff and stomp my feet and threaten to cancel my tickets.
What he said

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Kinsler532

I only ask becuase if anyone is fed up and looking to get rid of theirs for this season if they play i would be willing to buy them depending on the price..

Kinsler532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:29 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

I'll keep buying seasons until I can't sell the games that I can't or don't want to go to. Once I end up getting stuck with tickets I'll switch to a 10 pack.

it's not like the season ticket payments are non-refundable. If you've paid in full the team is either giving interest in the form of Sabres bucks or refunding you for unplayed games.

I did the Sabres direct plan this year and they stopped taking payments after September. If they play a partial season, they'll collect the difference that is owed. If they cancel, they'll give the option of refunding or rolling the balance to the next season. To me, this is a bigger version of what they do for prepayments for (potential) playoff games at the end of the season. Really no big deal.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Bosswally

no one is giving up their tickets because they know it will take years to get them again

Bosswally is offline   Reply With Quote