HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VIIII: "We're Close" "We're Not Close" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 07:19 PM
turcotte8

vCash: 500
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic

I just asked Bettman how any commissioner could justify TWO lost seasons in EIGHT years. Answer in column. Letís just say he was pretty POd.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

At least we still have each other....

And Netflix to fill the void 10 hours a week.
Not to cut in here and nonchalantly say that I saw this coming but with the mentality Fehr instilled into the players, and the push of some owners and Bettman, this was an escalating battle that derailed from negotiations months ago and became a simple game of defeating the opposition and trying to win the battle. Whenever I do counseling for a pair of people (two friends), there always needs to be an escalation and eruption before things come to surface and the "battle" stops and reasoning starts.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I hope something shakes someone like dolan and he steps in and says enough is enough...if these are really the only problems the contracts and length of the cba, and off by 2 on the cba length and 3 on contract lengths (which I never ever thought the players would propose a restriction on the player contracts), then something has got to give with some of these owners, and owners I would expect have been in negotiations before you can't take it personally at the bargaining table like it sounds as some owners did...

Old
12-06-2012, 07:21 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I'm this close to taking lighter fluid and burning all my NHL merchandise and posting it on YouTube. **** everyone involved, I'm as die hard as they come, and I'm flat out pissed off right now
I've thought several times about doing this.

12-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Rust Heisenberg

and in a staggering development, the nhl has started jerking everyone off only to stop midstroke... again

Old
12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Riverdale

This is why you should never get your hopes up.

Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Been away for a little while. Can someone catch me up on why people are saying the Tuesday meeting was in fact a PR stunt? What is making them say that?
There was leaked info that the real progress between owners and the PA on economic issues was made in a secret meeting in Boston last weekend. The two sides then setup Tuesday's meeting as a PR stunt to show the two sides coming together. And this was revealed on HF on Monday, with everything playing out to the script afterwards (Crosby-Pens owner story, etc).

Old
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
At least we still have each other....

And Netflix to fill the void 10 hours a week.
Not to cut in here and nonchalantly say that I saw this coming but with the mentality Fehr instilled into the players, and the push of some owners and Bettman, this was an escalating battle that derailed from negotiations months ago and became a simple game of defeating the opposition and trying to win the battle. Whenever I do counseling for a pair of people (two friends), there always needs to be an escalation and eruption before things come to surface and the "battle" stops and reasoning starts.
Reminds me of an article in the Washington Post about Fehr when he was with baseball and how the owners always viewed the players as opposition and every CBA negotiation was a battle to win until Fehr finally made it hard on the owners and they eventually learned to treat the players like partners and work together and hey MLB is pretty happy go figure

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I'm this close to taking lighter fluid and burning all my NHL merchandise and posting it on YouTube. **** everyone involved, I'm as die hard as they come, and I'm flat out pissed off right now
Thats nothing but a symbolic gesture.

If you really want to be part of a solution, just make sure you dont buy anything NHL-related again.

In the end, all of these *******s are arguing over our money.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Levitate

The real question is how long people stay on the players side in this before rationalizing to themselves that the NHL is actually the injured party and the players are to blame for everything

Old
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
The real question is how long people stay on the players side in this before rationalizing to themselves that the NHL is actually the injured party and the players are to blame for everything
Or the truth, that they're both greedy and VERY wrong throughout this entire process?

Old
12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
That's funny, since I was on the owners side the entire time and I think I'm switching sides.

This just shows that both sides have no idea what they're doing.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." ó -31-
Old
12-06-2012, 07:32 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Or the truth, that they're both greedy and VERY wrong throughout this entire process?
This is the side I've been on the entire time. With the driving factor being that both sides have been way to emotional and unprofessional.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:33 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I hope the NHLPA takes the decertification route. File an antitrust lawsuit and blow up the entire system. Take the owners for all they're worth.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:34 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
this is ******** baby talk. of course they want to make a deal
Trying to split the union and demonize Fehr. 2004 all over again. Get the PA to accept new world order then pull the plug. In February he will push the union further on terms.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:36 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I hope the NHLPA takes the decertification route. File an antitrust lawsuit and blow up the entire system. Take the owners for all they're worth.
And we can kiss hockey goodbye for a long time.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic

I just asked Bettman how any commissioner could justify TWO lost seasons in EIGHT years. Answer in column. Letís just say he was pretty POd.
I don't know how he could continue being commissioner if this season is lost.

Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Eerily reminiscent of what happened in NFL and NBA before their deals.

Old
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
I don't know if I ever will, definitely never as long as buttman is the commissioner of the nhl. Some of these organizations that are not doing well should have had a better business plan when joining the league and done better feasibility studies (for example phil Esposito was on nhl network radio last week talking about when they started the tampa bay franchise they expected most of their season tickets to come from Orlando because it was only about 45 minutes from the rink, however, after they started the franchise that was not the case because traffic caused it to be more than an hour and a half, luckily they did get a lot from lakeview (I think that's the name)) in my opinion that was a horrible job on a feasibility study (how hard is it to find out how long the drive is in traffic????). If this is how these organizations are started it worries me and makes me think no wonder why a lot of these small market teams are having problems. I also think SOME of the organizations need to run better! I also think a new commissioner will help bring fans back. If I was not a huge die hard rangers fan, I would walk away from the nhl until buttman was gone.

sorry for the rant, but like most of us I am not happy!

Old
12-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
That's funny, since I was on the owners side the entire time and I think I'm switching sides.

This just shows that both sides have no idea what they're doing.
I haven't been on the owners side at all, but I have been willing to concede that there need to be some changes, and that realistically there wasn't any way to get a deal done without the NHLPA losing ground on basically all of the issues.

and I do think that the NHLPA has pushed things too much on some issues and been too stuck on some things. They haven't made the process easy.

And I hate both sides for basically saying "we can do without these first two months of the season before we get serious", that's horrible.

But I fully blame the owners for the financial state of the league, and for their "negotiating" method of making ultimatums, threats, and attempting to bully the NHLPA every step of the way. They handle everything horribly and have made a gigantic mess of the situation instead of just negotiating. It's despicable.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
And we can kiss hockey goodbye for a long time.
At this point, what does it matter? There's no labor peace in the league. With the current cast of characters another lockout is inevitable. Blow the whole thing up and start anew.

It's just pain.
Old
12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
I wish NCAA hockey was more than twice a week.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:42 PM
ltrangerfan

Given the franchises profitabilty over a season, the Leafs owner's observation will carry more weight with me than anything I've heard today.

Oops here it is:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647180

Last edited by ltrangerfan: 12-06-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old
12-06-2012, 07:43 PM
DutchShamrock

One side has given up actual rights, the other gave up their imaginary starting point from September. Now Bettman is talking about concessions. The silver lining has always been him finally digging his own grave. How many teams are ready for a new direction? Is it 23 yet? Regret the super majority yet?

Old
12-06-2012, 07:44 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/

for anyone caring to see bettmans PC

Closed Thread