HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jani Rita at RW?

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 11:40 AM
serum114

vCash: 500
Jani Rita at RW?

Sorry, I just saw Asiaoil mention in another thread that Rita has been playing RW in Toronto this year. Is this accurate?

If so, it makes sense he was sent down at least until Christmas, perhaps it's because the Oilers' brass realize the Smyth-York-Moreau-Izzy-Torres dilemma on the LW and wanted to make sure Rita could make the necessary adjustment...

Old
12-09-2003, 11:44 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
Sorry, I just saw Asiaoil mention in another thread that Rita has been playing RW in Toronto this year. Is this accurate?

If so, it makes sense he was sent down at least until Christmas, perhaps it's because the Oilers' brass realize the Smyth-York-Moreau-Izzy-Torres dilemma on the LW and wanted to make sure Rita could make the necessary adjustment...
Yup. He's been on the right wing for a while now. I can't be sure... but I think he was the right wing with Gratton and Jason Ward last year with the Bulldogs as well.

Old
12-09-2003, 11:53 AM
serum114

In that case, if Laraque gets dealt in any Comrie deal are we like to see Rita up or one of Chimmer/Izzy/Torres switch wings?

Old
12-09-2003, 12:13 PM
momentai

Quote:
In that case, if Laraque gets dealt in any Comrie deal are we like to see Rita up or one of Chimmer/Izzy/Torres switch wings?
Difficult to say who would be called up since we don't really know who exactly would be coming back along with Laraque. Should Andy Mac come back in the deal, there still isn't much room for Jani up here.

Old
12-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

I could be wrong, but I thought he was playing both wings throughout the season. I know I've seen him paired with guys like Henrich and Salmelainen, and they're both RWs.

Regardless, he can play the RW spot if needed.

Old
12-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Jim_Harnock

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Yup. He's been on the right wing for a while now. I can't be sure... but I think he was the right wing with Gratton and Jason Ward last year with the Bulldogs as well.
Ward is a RW. It was Gratton at centre, Ward at RW, Rita at LW. At least, that's how it started -- they regularly switched LWs on that line.

Old
12-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Asiaoil

Quote:

Yeah the games I've seen he's been on RW - which is good becuase we are a tiny bit weaker on that side. Still we have Dvorak, Hemsky, Pisani and Laraque as steady RW - and Izzy, York, Horcoff, Rita and Salmo as guys who can flip sides if need be.

Not like we lack depth on either wing but we could still use a big banger with some scoring punch on right side (like Laraque ever plays that way anymore). I've always though Izzy would look good with Reasoner and Moreau on the 3rd line - that could be an awesome shutdown line with offense to boot - not like MacT would do that for all his blenderizing though. Izzy on the 3rd line RW - trade Laraque - and insert Rita/Pisani on the 4th line.

Old
12-09-2003, 01:19 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Harnock
Ward is a RW. It was Gratton at centre, Ward at RW, Rita at LW. At least, that's how it started -- they regularly switched LWs on that line.
My mistake. Thanks for the clarification.

Old
12-09-2003, 01:33 PM
McJadeddog

i wouldnt mind seeing rita come up and play RW on the 4th, whenever laraque is out of the lineup .... would be a decent way to get him 20-30 games throughout the rest of this season, and it would put him in a position where he could succeed, because there wouldnt be much pressure on him on the 4th line

Old
12-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Hemsky4PM

[QUOTE=Asiaoil]Yeah the games I've seen he's been on RW - which is good becuase we are a tiny bit weaker on that side. Still we have Dvorak, Hemsky, Pisani and Laraque as steady RW - and Izzy, York, Horcoff, Rita and Salmo as guys who can flip sides if need be.

PISANI is living off his production from last year and the very early part of this season. Pisani is a "MacT" guy and Rita isn't, pure and simple. If not for contracts I'd say Rita is at worst the 4th RW on the team, and quite possibly no.3 ahead of Pisani.

Old
12-09-2003, 09:09 PM
Asiaoil

[QUOTE=Hemsky4PM]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
Yeah the games I've seen he's been on RW - which is good becuase we are a tiny bit weaker on that side. Still we have Dvorak, Hemsky, Pisani and Laraque as steady RW - and Izzy, York, Horcoff, Rita and Salmo as guys who can flip sides if need be.

PISANI is living off his production from last year and the very early part of this season. Pisani is a "MacT" guy and Rita isn't, pure and simple. If not for contracts I'd say Rita is at worst the 4th RW on the team, and quite possibly no.3 ahead of Pisani.
Hey no arguments from me - to my mind Psani is a guy who should give half his contract to Reasoner because Marty is the only reason Pisani's not in Toronto. Don't mind him as a 4th line / PB guy though - dependable, hustles, cheap, no attitude.

Closed Thread