HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kadri

Old
12-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Numbers

vCash: 500
Kadri

Just curious what teams value Kadri at?

Not including Canucks or Leafs fans.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:48 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post

Late first round pick. For a team devoid of high-upside (but underachieving) prospect talent he could be interesting.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:51 PM
TurdFerguson

I can only see him involved in a trade for another underachieving prospect. Kyle Beach comes to mind.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:52 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
I have offered Kipper straight up or a slight addition from TO.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:

Lol i totally understand why...but it seems ironic that in a thread created by a Canucks fan about a Leafs player it's odd that the fans of those two aren't allowed.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:04 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Are you serious?

TheFactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Late first round pick. For a team devoid of high-upside (but underachieving) prospect talent he could be interesting.
A late first doesn't accomplish much, the Leafs have 3 prospects picked from 20-30 in the draft(Biggs-22, Percy-25, Ashton-29). You think it is smart to move a former 7th overall pick and near PPG player in the AHL for a prospect of that calibre? Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
I can only see him involved in a trade for another underachieving prospect. Kyle Beach comes to mind.
Maybe for Colborne. Kadri is of much higher value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Interesting. The rumoured offer for Luongo is Bozak and Kadri. I wonder if Kipper was made available, if a straight up package of Kadri for Kipper would be preferable to Burke.

EDIT - Disregard this... I didn't read the first post well enough.

Jax Teller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:11 PM
kthsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
The rumoured offer for Luongo is Bozak and Kadri.
SamJam (that highschool kid) made it up...it's not a legit rumour.

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
SamJam (that highschool kid) made it up...it's not a legit rumour.
Huh..

I thought Millard and McGuire discussed it on tv or radio.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:19 PM
kthsn

Quote:
Huh..

I thought Millard and McGuire discussed it on tv or radio.
That's the part he made up.

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Lol i totally understand why...but it seems ironic that in a thread created by a Canucks fan about a Leafs player it's odd that the fans of those two aren't allowed.
Want outside opinions, because we know he is being offered for Luongo left, right, and center. No bias.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
That's the part he made up.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Want outside opinions, because we know he is being offered for Luongo left, right, and center. No bias.
Well i'll tell you this, i'd do that Kipper deal in a heartbeat.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
A late first doesn't accomplish much, the Leafs have 3 prospects picked from 20-30 in the draft(Biggs-22, Percy-25, Ashton-29). You think it is smart to move a former 7th overall pick and near PPG player in the AHL for a prospect of that calibre? Never.

Maybe for Colborne. Kadri is of much higher value.

Interesting. The rumoured offer for Luongo is Bozak and Kadri. I wonder if Kipper was made available, if a straight up package of Kadri for Kipper would be preferable to Burke.

EDIT - Disregard this... I didn't read the first post well enough.
Toronto is offering up too much for an overpriced, over the hill, and an underachieving goalie like Luongo.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Toronto is offering up too much for an overpriced, over the hill, and an underachieving goalie like Luongo.
Please this is not Luongo thread. Keep comments like this where they belong.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Well i'll tell you this, i'd do that Kipper deal in a heartbeat.
Ya it sounds like a pretty nice deal for Toronto. If we get enough responses we can make a proposal thread

Kadri for Kipper

Old
12-06-2012, 11:44 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Haha underachieving? Internationally, Luongo has competed for Team Canada in numerous tournaments. As a junior, he won a silver medal at the 1999 World Junior Championships, while being named Best Goaltender in his second tournament appearance. Luongo has won two gold medals at the 2003 and 2004 World Championships and a silver in the 2005 World Championships. He also won the 2004 World Cup championship and appeared in the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin as a backup to Martin Brodeur in both instances. He succeeded Brodeur as Canada's starting goaltender during the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, winning a gold medal. On top of that, Luongo has won two consecutive President's Trophies as the starting goaltender for the past 2 seasons. It seems like you are only thinking he is underachieving because he has never won a stanley cup which is not the only possible award someone can be given

Copied most of this from Wikipedia, already knew most of it but didn't feel like typing it all up.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Haha underachieving? Internationally, Luongo has competed for Team Canada in numerous tournaments. As a junior, he won a silver medal at the 1999 World Junior Championships, while being named Best Goaltender in his second tournament appearance. Luongo has won two gold medals at the 2003 and 2004 World Championships and a silver in the 2005 World Championships. He also won the 2004 World Cup championship and appeared in the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin as a backup to Martin Brodeur in both instances. He succeeded Brodeur as Canada's starting goaltender during the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, winning a gold medal. On top of that, Luongo has won two consecutive President's Trophies as the starting goaltender for the past 2 seasons. It seems like you are only thinking he is underachieving because he has never won a stanley cup which is not the only possible award someone can be given

Copied most of this from Wikipedia, already knew most of it but didn't feel like typing it all up.
Not Luongo thread please.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:54 PM
KingCanadain1976

I would trade the rights to oscar moller and a 3rd for kadi I know this doesn't sound like alot but in my opinion Kadri s stock in toronto is sliding and I don't see him making the toronto roster Many prospect have imo passed him on the leafs ( biggs ashton ross etc ) With that said i'd still take a chance on him. A change of scenery in a less pressured hockey market i think would turn him around.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Not worth giving up IMO. He can really be a good player and alot of leafs fans have no given up on him, and his value is at its lowest. For arguement sake though, I would say a deal around Jon Bernier and Nazem Kadri would entice me (although Im not sure who would be adding and how much, tbh I have watch Bernier but not so much to make a fair evaluation). Another deal that might make sense is trading him for another prospect who is struggling, like mentioned before but I feel like Kadri is worth more then Beach.....

Again that is for argument sake since I believe most leafs fans, self included still see potential and would rather keep him. He isnt too far away from the NHL, very skilled just needs to work on his defensive game and decision making.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I would trade the rights to oscar moller and a 3rd for kadi I know this doesn't sound like alot but in my opinion Kadri s stock in toronto is sliding and I don't see him making the toronto roster Many prospect have imo passed him on the leafs ( biggs ashton ross etc ) With that said i'd still take a chance on him. A change of scenery in a less pressured hockey market i think would turn him around.
Not one of those players make him expandable as they are more energy bottom six guys and he has top six potential. Aside from that, I don't know what you are basing your opinion on when you say they passed him, because IMO the only two more NHL ready bodies on the Marlies right now are Gardiner and Frattin, and a case can be made that Ranger is an NHL player playing in the AHL.

As for Moller and a 3rd... No way

Old
12-07-2012, 12:02 AM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Lol what? Care to expand on that??

Anyways, to answer the OPs question, as a habs fan I'd offer a 2014 mid 1st or later. His development certainly hasn't been the quickest but the way people always make him out to be a bust its so dumb . I enjoy ragging on the leafs as much as the next person but there's no way Kadri can be called a bust based on 50 games (half of them with sheltered minutes). I'm not saying he won't bust but I would certainly give him at least 1-3 seasons before calling him one.

12-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Tuomaz

Paajarvi

Tuomaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Predsrule

I think they would be crazy to take a late first for him...
kid is only 22 putting up good numbers in the ahl, There are lots of players that didnt make the nhl at 21... but because this one plays for Tor hes make nhl at 18 or bust.. even by tor fans..
Id love to have him on the preds and think he is worth more then a late first.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
I think they would be crazy to take a late first for him...
kid is only 22 putting up good numbers in the ahl, There are lots of players that didnt make the nhl at 21... but because this one plays for Tor hes make nhl at 18 or bust.. even by tor fans..
Id love to have him on the preds and think he is worth more then a late first.
Colin Wilson ?