Notices

No More Lockout Blues! - 2012 Lockout Part 2 [UPD: AGREEMENT REACHED!]

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Well that was pretty impressive... I try not to side with either group but you have to at least aknowledge that emotion.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:42 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
CBA news update

Latest article from NYC.

CBA Update. - Both Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr have addressed the media as the latest news out of New York is less than positive.

Gonna try and get the audio in the post if I can grab it.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Bettman's presser:

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/#clip822014

Last edited by Lynk: 12-06-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old
12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Fehr screwed up.

He tried to put pressure on the NHL by implying that a deal was almost complete.

It blew up in his face.

I have never seen Bettman that angry.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:08 PM
puck stoppa

These guys sound like a bunch of whining *****es. I still think something will get done as I think some players may start pressuring Fehr, just my hunch. But this winter already seems twice as long as the last without the Jets.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 200
So now the NHLPA has alienated the "moderate" owners. What a friggin' asinine move that was on their part...

Old
12-06-2012, 08:17 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Hainsey is the biggest **** sucker I have even seen.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:17 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thed00d View Post
Not sure if it's just me, but I've lost a lot of respect for Ron Hainsey throughout this whole process.
Not me.....Ron stepped up as a player rep and is engaged and passionate for his sides cause. I am on record as selfishly wanting a mid market friendly deal for our owners which means Ron is a high profile rep for the other side but it's not personal for me I respect his right to collectively bargan for his sides best interest. I look forward to cheering for him again the moment he pulls on the Jets jersey and I hope that we extend him. He is a veteran leader in this process and that's something we need on OUR team as well........just one guys take.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I give you guys credit

Still keeping yourselves emotionally involved in this saga.

That ship sailed months ago for me.

I have become quite apathetic about it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Hainsey is the biggest **** sucker I have even seen.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:21 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Whats that for?

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
12-06-2012, 08:22 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

I'm disappointed to hear that free agency has been given up by the owners...in my opinion that was the most important issue as a fan of the jets.

how is it possible that chipman is a 'moderate' in the smallest market and the smallest building, but calgary and boston owners are 'hard liners'?

what makes the reporters think chipman is moderate?...because he cried at the press conference last year?.....he is a nice man, but in business he is anything but moderate.....his reputation in the winnipeg business community is very much hard line.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Perhaps the wrong emoticon.

Seems you're a little more emotionally invested than you stated is all.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:25 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

So I have seen Bettman interviewd too many times to count over the last 20 years. tonight might have been the first time I felt he let loose and shot totally strait. He was genuinely pi55ed but it was important to watch players reactions like Ward after the fact who was mentioning the players have felt very gilted and dissed at times as well. No wonder they can't get anywhere.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:27 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

woodballs, i agree with you....i have no interest in this, but tonight was pretty fun...glad i happened to be sitting in front of the tv for the whole thing.

at this point i'd rather have them cancel the season......i'd have a tough time being a rabid fan again starting up in january....i'd rather save my money and start fresh next year.

lock them out, crush the union to bits and make them swallow the bitter pill next year....

upshall....'they treat us like cattle'....yeah, cattle that gets paid $2.4 million a year.....grab my utter and i'll moo all day long for that kind of money.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:31 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
So now the NHLPA has alienated the "moderate" owners. What a friggin' asinine move that was on their part...
Either the PA have a great pulse on how far they can push.....OR.....they fu$&$: up and overplayed their hand. Bold move to blow off the moderates...... time will tell and the clock is ticking!

Old
12-06-2012, 08:35 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
woodballs, i agree with you....i have no interest in this, but tonight was pretty fun...glad i happened to be sitting in front of the tv for the whole thing.

at this point i'd rather have them cancel the season......i'd have a tough time being a rabid fan again starting up in january....i'd rather save my money and start fresh next year.

lock them out, crush the union to bits and make them swallow the bitter pill next year....

upshall....'they treat us like cattle'....yeah, cattle that gets paid $2.4 million a year.....grab my utter and i'll moo all day long for that kind of money.
Tonight was amazing......as a hockey fan it's frustrating.......but to watch Daly and Bettman in that form live was close to a once in a lifetime Bettman candor experience and really riveting!!

Old
12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post

That was just pure greatness

Old
12-06-2012, 08:40 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Not too high, not too low people

It's a bad situation, but there's still plenty of time. January 15th or so is the cut off for the loss of the season. It's far from over. They are close as hell, it's annoying that minor details have held this up. Why are the players even asking for a short CBA . Why are the owners stuck on contract lengths, how many long term deals (above 5 years) are there, like 20-30? Some small percent of total players

Either there is something we are all missing that neither side is talking about, or these people are all ridiculous.
Bettman addressed this tonight and he mentioned there use to be one (I missed what year he said) but now there are over 90 which is a real number and suprised me.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:41 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Go Team Canada!!! Go WJC!

Old
12-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

unless the union somehow decides to kick Fehr to the curb, we won't be seeing any hockey this year, me thinks!
...but it ain't gonna happen, and his spin will lead the freakin' ingrates like a bunch of lemmings over the edge of the cliff

Old
12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in the Bigs View Post
unless the union somehow decides to kick Fehr to the curb, we won't be seeing any hockey this year, me thinks!
...but it ain't gonna happen, and his spin will lead the freakin' ingrates like a bunch of lemmings over the edge of the cliff
Fehr could care less if a puck never drops again ever. He was hired to win, and will keep feeding the dumb jocks his kool-aid, even if it means their kids starve in hopes to out wait the owners. I can see this lockout going into next season.

Fehr will burn the world to win this battle.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Jaffray15

Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
So I have seen Bettman interviewd too many times to count over the last 20 years. tonight might have been the first time I felt he let loose and shot totally strait. He was genuinely pi55ed but it was important to watch players reactions like Ward after the fact who was mentioning the players have felt very gilted and dissed at times as well. No wonder they can't get anywhere.
Agreed

Old
12-06-2012, 10:07 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Notice how when both Fehr and Bettman are out of the picture, things become positive. The players and owners seem fairly close and the both want a deal done. However, the NHL and NHLPA are miles apart.

The problem is the two of them. I just can't ever see them agreeing on a deal.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:09 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
I have NEVER seen Bettman so unglued - dude is usually as cool as a cucumber. He. Was. Angry.

This is not good. Given that the "moderates" (and I know that's probably just a matter of degrees) are now upset and out of the room, I can't see a path forward.

So, Scheifele's playing in the WJC, eh? Lookin' forward to it.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
Notice how when both Fehr and Bettman are out of the picture, things become positive. The players and owners seem fairly close and the both want a deal done. However, the NHL and NHLPA are miles apart.

The problem is the two of them. I just can't ever see them agreeing on a deal.
Fehr reentered talks this week ,, Bettman never did

Dont blame this breakdown on Bettman ,, Even the moderate owners (Leafs wanted this to end) have turned on NHLPA

Closed Thread