HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tukonen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2006, 11:48 PM
  #1
RightKinger
Registered User
 
RightKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,619
vCash: 500
Tukonen

Do you guys think he is ready for the NHL? Will he make the team out of training camp? What is his potential?

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 11:58 PM
  #2
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,258
vCash: 500
I think he should spend more time in Manchester personally, but who knows if he has a great camp. I see him being a top 2nd line player.

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 12:17 AM
  #3
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,752
vCash: 500
Another year in Manchester would probably be good as Brath said. Let him prove himself in camp or in Manchester before we put him with the big boys. Same goes with Kopitar.

Potenial wise? I'm not really sure. He's definitley has skill, but he's still learning how to be effective using it along with his size. He could end up a first line quasi power-forward/sniper in the mold of Marco Sturm, or he could end up a solid third line guy. This next year will definitely give us a better idea of what he can become.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 06:20 AM
  #4
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
I think he'll be in Manchester next season...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 02:34 PM
  #5
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,495
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
He'll still be in the Manch, but he might get a cup in the show.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 02:51 PM
  #6
Fingolfin
Registered User
 
Fingolfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Tukonen will turn 20 on Sept. 1. He's a lot younger than a lot of us realize. He'll probably spend at least one, if not two, more years in Manchester before he gets a legitimate shot in LA. But who knows, he may seriously impress Crawford in training camp.

Just sayin', don't get your expectations too high just yet.

- Fin

Fingolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 04:40 PM
  #7
T2M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin
Tukonen will turn 20 on Sept. 1. He's a lot younger than a lot of us realize. He'll probably spend at least one, if not two, more years in Manchester before he gets a legitimate shot in LA. But who knows, he may seriously impress Crawford in training camp.

Just sayin', don't get your expectations too high just yet.

- Fin
I'll second this. Tukonen's one of those kids who'll be developing along and then all of a sudden blossom over a summer when nobody expects it.

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 04:47 PM
  #8
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
I just hope is shoulder is 100%.

Shoulder injuries sometimes end up being bigger career killers than knee injuries.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2006, 04:15 AM
  #9
edd1e
Registered User
 
edd1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
I just hope is shoulder is 100%.

Shoulder injuries sometimes end up being bigger career killers than knee injuries.
I hope that too. I dont know, but i think if he's 100% healthy he'll rack up points a lot more.

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2006, 05:38 AM
  #10
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,272
vCash: 500
Do anyone figure that some of the Manchester youngsters, Tukonen included will get a different opinion with Lombardi/Crawford running the show as opposed to Taylor/Murray? I think the organization may have a different look next season as some of the youngsters may be in LA and some of the vets in Manchester which Lombardi and Crawford at the helm.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2006, 07:10 AM
  #11
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44
Do anyone figure that some of the Manchester youngsters, Tukonen included will get a different opinion with Lombardi/Crawford running the show as opposed to Taylor/Murray? I think the organization may have a different look next season as some of the youngsters may be in LA and some of the vets in Manchester which Lombardi and Crawford at the helm.
I wouldn't expect too drastic of a change. Talent, is talent after all. We may see certain prospects traded away or promoted due to those opinions, but I don't think it's going to effect our overall philosophy.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2006, 01:40 AM
  #12
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I wouldn't expect too drastic of a change. Talent, is talent after all. We may see certain prospects traded away or promoted due to those opinions, but I don't think it's going to effect our overall philosophy.

Exactly. The Kings top prospects will still be Kopitar, Pushy, Tukonen, Harold, and Petiot down there. Only thing they can do is sign some Europeans or some kids that are still in college or about to graduate or some junior players to surround those key guys.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2006, 02:22 AM
  #13
Lanius
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
I think he's ready for the NHL. But I think one more year in Manchester would be better for him.

Lanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 10:46 PM
  #14
Josh Deitell
Registered User
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger
Do you guys think he is ready for the NHL? Will he make the team out of training camp?
Most likely not. He still needs to find a better scoring touch in the lower levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger
What is his potential?
At the best = Ryan Smyth or Jere Lehtinen

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.