HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), players in the system, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 05:55 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Konan back to ADK, Mangene down to TRE.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:05 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well I think the ducks do it 11 out of 10 times also. It set us up during that time and made the ducks golden in the future. They got sbisa who is looking like a top 4 defender and etem who looks to be a pretty good player. The other pick is Moore who is looked at as a #4 defender for the jackets.
I also thought that the Ducks ended up with Kyle Palmieri as well from that trade.....

Old
12-04-2012, 10:40 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I also thought that the Ducks ended up with Kyle Palmieri as well from that trade.....
Our 1st round pick in 2009 went to the Ducks, and they traded it to the Blue Jackets, who selected John Moore. The pick that the Blue Jackets gave up to trade up to get Moore was the one the Ducks used to select Palmieri.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Yeah, he definitely has to pack on some lbs/muscle before he hits professional ice.

He's probably my favorite prospect, though.

I think he has 2nd pairing, PP QB upside. Average defensively because of his frame, but not really a liability because from what I've read, he has a good stick and is solid positionally.

He's such a dynamic offensive dman though, which is why I'm intrigued.

Really excited to watch him in the WJC this winter (if he makes it, which is looking like a lock at this time).
Phil Housley is the US coach, and if there is anyone who can appreciate and groom a small, skinny, talented Dman, it's him....

Old
12-07-2012, 12:14 AM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
It certainly hasn't helped our situation on defense. We have to buy all our NHL d-men.

Of course, we seem incapable of developing them to begin with, so it probably makes no difference.
I always think us being bad with developing goalies is exaggerated. It's not good, but we've had Roussel, Boucher, Niitty, Bob etc.

Aside from Pitkanen who was practically can't miss, I can't think of any steady NHL d men we've developed, not counting Bourdon and Gustaffson who are still questionable.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:33 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
I always think us being bad with developing goalies is exaggerated. It's not good, but we've had Roussel, Boucher, Niitty, Bob etc.

Aside from Pitkanen who was practically can't miss, I can't think of any steady NHL d men we've developed, not counting Bourdon and Gustaffson who are still questionable.
I never liked Roussel. Boucher did some good things here but he is what he is. a fringe starter, mainly a backup goaltender.
Its too bad Niitty couldnt stay healthy. I think that was some bad luck. I thought he was going to be a good goalie for us.
Of course we were lucky we were able to find Bob. I dont think many people figured he would do as well as he did in his first year. Yeah he had some issues later on, but I think with some right goalie coaching he could of got back on track here. Too bad management gave up on him to quick.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:03 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post

Seidenberg.

Flyers did good on SOME picks, but had zero patience with any of them. This lineup would be real nice with Pitkanen and Seidenberg in it this season.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:35 AM
ilovetheflyers8

The team also picked Sbisa. Looking at draft picks since 91 or so the team also picked Therrien who to my understanding was alright (I started watching in 07-08), Janne Niinimaa who I believe I read was good earlier in his career, and this guy Dimitri Yushkevich http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=5843 who managed to play 768 games so I figure he couldn't have been that bad. Of course none of those players above are amazing or much of the teams ability to pick or develop defensemen over the last 21 years.

Bodrov could've also maybe turned out if he hadn't gotten a woman pregnant, but it was too early to really tell. I think I remember hearing positive things about him but that can be said for a lot of prospects that never turn out.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 12-07-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old
12-07-2012, 12:23 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I never liked Roussel. Boucher did some good things here but he is what he is. a fringe starter, mainly a backup goaltender.
Its too bad Niitty couldnt stay healthy. I think that was some bad luck. I thought he was going to be a good goalie for us.
Of course we were lucky we were able to find Bob. I dont think many people figured he would do as well as he did in his first year. Yeah he had some issues later on, but I think with some right goalie coaching he could of got back on track here. Too bad management gave up on him to quick.
I agree on all points except Roussel. What didn't you like? He was overrated because of that crazy rookie year. Is that the reason?

Old
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
PhilaFlyers

Phantoms vs Crunch stream
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1579...-phantoms.html

Phantoms down 1-0 after 1.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Clown Baby

Legit top-4 guys include Janne Niinimaa, Joni Pitkanen, Braydon Coburn, Luca Sbisa, Dennis Seidenberg, and Jim Vandermeer.

Bottom-pairing guys include Jeff Woywitka, Randy Jones, Freddy Meyer, Alexandre Picard, and Marc-Andre Bourdon.

We have yet to develop a proper top-pairing defender, though.

For goaltenders, we have had a couple 1a types in Roman Cechmanek, Brian Boucher, and a few more back-ups, namely Antero Niittymaki, and Johan Hedberg. By far,

Now, forwards, that's where this team does its damage. We're still developing Brayden Schenn, trying to undo what Terry Murray's done, but he'll do fine with our organization. Sean Couturier, James vanRiemsdyk, Claude Giroux, Zac Rinaldo (could be a fourth-line forward), Andreas Nodl, Steve Downie, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Colin Fraser, Patrick Sharp, Darroll Powe, Justin Williams, Simon Gagne, Ruslan Fedotenko, Dainius Zubrus, Todd Fedoruk, Vinny Prospal, and those are just the names I'm sure of.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Legit top-4 guys include Janne Niinimaa, Joni Pitkanen, Braydon Coburn, Luca Sbisa, Dennis Seidenberg, and Jim Vandermeer.

Bottom-pairing guys include Jeff Woywitka, Randy Jones, Freddy Meyer, Alexandre Picard, and Marc-Andre Bourdon.

For goaltenders, we have had a couple 1a types in Roman Cechmanek, Brian Boucher, and a few more back-ups, namely Antero Niittymaki, and Johan Hedberg. By far,

Now, forwards, that's where this team does its damage. We're still developing Brayden Schenn, trying to undo what Terry Murray's done, but he'll do fine with our organization. Sean Couturier, James vanRiemsdyk, Claude Giroux, Zac Rinaldo (could be a fourth-line forward), Andreas Nodl, Steve Downie, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Colin Fraser, Patrick Sharp, Darroll Powe, Justin Williams, Simon Gagne, Ruslan Fedotenko, Dainius Zubrus, Todd Fedoruk, Vinny Prospal, and those are just the names I'm sure of.
What do you mean by that?

Old
12-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
What do you mean by that?
I was wondering that too, since Murray is currently coaching Schenn in the AHL

Old
12-08-2012, 08:47 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:

Vandermeer top 4?
We just rarely draft D with our firsts, we're 2/4 at that since I started following, with Pitkanen and Sbisa doing good, and Woywitka and Jason Bowen either a fringe player or never has been

Old
12-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I was wondering that too, since Murray is currently coaching Schenn in the AHL
And he's doing a fantastic job of it. The team's 10-12, and is currently the proud owner of the third worst record within the conference, despite having a significantly improved roster to work with.

They've scored 55 goals, which is the 5th worst league-wide, and if it weren't for both Schenn and Couturier they wouldn't even have that. Those two account for 32% of our total goal production this season. Two players, 32%...

Give me back Patterson, already.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:10 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Quote:

We didn't draft Coburn. Cechmanek was a legit starter, he just couldn't play in the playoffs worth a damn.

Quote:
And he's doing a fantastic job of it. The team's 10-12, and is currently the proud owner of the third worst record within the conference, despite having a significantly improved roster to work with.

They've scored 55 goals, which is the 5th worst league-wide, and if it weren't for both Schenn and Couturier they wouldn't even have that. Those two account for 32% of our total goal production this season. Two players, 32%...

I'd rather have Murray and the terrible offense. It's a developmental league. We have 4 fringe NHL defensemen who we need better developed. Why not have a long-time defensive-minded NHL coach develop them? Pronger and MAYBE Kimmo are done. Coburn is our #1 right now. We need as much help as possible back there, Patterson won't bring that.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Ryker

Quote:

Yeah, but everyone has an improved roster to work with. I'm not saying Murray is doing a good job, because I don't really follow the team other than the occasional boxscore check, and I did think it was weird Patterson got fired. But it doesn't seem they're doing significantly worse than last year.

Plus, you were talking about Schenn specifically, and he's on a more than PPG pace. So what exactly would have to be undone, him not playing on a losing team?

edit: I also hope Noebels is getting serious consideration on getting called up to the AHL now that he yet again registered 2 points tonight.

Last edited by Ryker: 12-08-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old
12-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Jordan941

Syracuse went 0/11 on the PP in the Phantoms win...

Schenn with a 3 point night, Couturier with 2 assists.

I found it kind of funny that not a single Phantom was a plus because of the two PP goals they scored

Old
12-09-2012, 12:23 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

20 combined PP chances.
holy hell. talk about a game without any flow. On the flipside there was 3 total PP in the Manchester/CT game

EDIT: looks like they played some 3 on 3 for a bit in OT. that must of been fun

Old
12-09-2012, 01:58 PM
PhilaFlyers

Here's the shootout
http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...190677&lang=en

Nice shot by Schenn and a really nice move by Roe.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Bill_Meltzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Yeah, but everyone has an improved roster to work with. I'm not saying Murray is doing a good job, because I don't really follow the team other than the occasional boxscore check, and I did think it was weird Patterson got fired. But it doesn't seem they're doing significantly worse than last year.

Plus, you were talking about Schenn specifically, and he's on a more than PPG pace. So what exactly would have to be undone, him not playing on a losing team?

edit: I also hope Noebels is getting serious consideration on getting called up to the AHL now that he yet again registered 2 points tonight.
The Phantoms team D is already considerably better than it was a year ago, and that's what Murray is there to instill above all.

Yes, the offense is basically non-existent outside of Schenn
and Couturier.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
PhilaFlyers

McGinn ties it vs Providence. 1-1.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Jordan941

Half way through the second and Munroe has had 32 shots....

Old
12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
PhilaFlyers

Phantoms lost 3-2 in OT.

Also I didn't see this posted but its a really nice goal from Harry Z about a week ago.
http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=190419

Old
12-10-2012, 03:37 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer View Post
The Phantoms team D is already considerably better than it was a year ago, and that's what Murray is there to instill above all.

Yes, the offense is basically non-existent outside of Schenn
and Couturier.
Can't forget about Akeson either. He's been on fire since he's been called back up to the Phantoms. 9 assists in 8 games and has been much better defensively this year (to the point that Akeson now has to be considered a legit prospect to make the Flyers - looking a lot like a young Vaclav Prospal). Hopefully Noebels gets the call to come up as well.

Closed Thread