HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread: Another Brick in the Wall Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Unless we trade Luongo for futures that develop beyond their projections we'll likely lose the trade...unless Luongo has some meteoric collapse or career injury (heaven forbid).

Bang on Canucker. It will take people some time to realize this, but it will happen.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:36 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The bold is all I'm contending. With terrible packages to choose from, I run with Luongo.

A 5-10% offseason cushion is usually there for teams. This is what I was referring to. I don't think it adds pressure as it gives him more time to make a deal.
That's fair. I see your side of the argument, I just happen to be on the other side of it.

If we wait until next summer we not only lose all our leverage, we give leverage to whoever we're dealing with by utilizing that cushion. It is logical that the summer package would be considerably worse, to the point where we could be lucky to get a Brian Campbell return. If we wind up in the 5-10% cushion and Burke is the only one interested, he could offer Komisarek straight up and we would have to grin and bear it, because if we don't get cap compliant we forfeit games.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:40 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Good thing Luongo said he's okay being here.
I have just listed some beautiful ocean front property outside of Regina. It's reasonably priced and the weather is great in January.

Look, the Canucks will move a goalie before the deadline. When they do, you don't need to say "hey, you were right". If they don't, it's a mgmt failure unless they are hoisting a Cup into the air in June.

I do not recall saying "take Bozak". In fact, i do not have a clue where you've gotten anything you've said. As is typical, you've nitpicked little things and made them the issue.

Now if TO sends us JVR and Jake Gardiner, I'll send you a cheque for $5 for every point they get in the year we get them.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
I have just listed some beautiful ocean front property outside of Regina. It's reasonably priced and the weather is great in January.

Look, the Canucks will move a goalie before the deadline. When they do, you don't need to say "hey, you were right". If they don't, it's a mgmt failure unless they are hoisting a Cup into the air in June.

I do not recall saying "take Bozak". In fact, i do not have a clue where you've gotten anything you've said. As is typical, you've nitpicked little things and made them the issue.

Now if TO sends us JVR and Jake Gardiner, I'll send you a cheque for $5 for every point they get in the year we get them.
Are you sure $5 a point is enough ?

Old
12-07-2012, 02:45 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Are we equating the mole analogy to holding onto Luongo now? Think it though CC.

It's not "stupid" to weight value against the benefits of retaining Luongo. In a worst case scenario, Lu could be retained. Which would make the "need" part of your comment totally irrelevant.
The mole analogy is discussing NEED for god's sake. Did I wade into the remedial HF?

Prove to me that Luongos' value increases with time passing and that it helps the team to wait another season.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:46 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
That's fair. I see your side of the argument, I just happen to be on the other side of it.

If we wait until next summer we not only lose all our leverage, we give leverage to whoever we're dealing with by utilizing that cushion. It is logical that the summer package would be considerably worse, to the point where we could be lucky to get a Brian Campbell return. If we wind up in the 5-10% cushion and Burke is the only one interested, he could offer Komisarek straight up and we would have to grin and bear it, because if we don't get cap compliant we forfeit games.

Not so. Gillis still as the "out" of waiving Luongo and I have to believe one team will pick him up. CLB in particular would jump at the chance IMO.

The leverage will still be there IMO. Only now, the teams that need him might change. Burke might be fired at this point, as his job is far from assured. Basically, the landscape will change and with it the opportunities.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:46 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Are you sure $5 a point is enough ?
Guess I should be clear, NHL points.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:48 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Not so. Gillis still as the "out" of waiving Luongo and I have to believe one team will pick him up. CLB in particular would jump at the chance IMO.
With Lu's value there'd never be a need to waive such a marketable asset.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
The mole analogy is discussing NEED for god's sake. Did I wade into the remedial HF?

Prove to me that Luongos' value increases with time passing and that it helps the team to wait another season.

Haha. Maybe your arguments are putrid, perhaps that's why you are getting frustrated?

The issue about helping the team depends on the return. I'm not advocating waiting another season, I'm saying it could happen as a possibility. There is a difference in those two stances. But I'm sure you knew that.

Closed Thread