HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

So how are Acadie-Bathhurst doing?

Old
12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
chsb

vCash: 500
The Titan have had some coaching woes in the last 3 years and that explains a lot what has been going on.

When Chabot went to the NHL as assistant to Nolan, Choules was named head coach and it did not work.
Then Paiment came back for half a season and then got a job with Ott. U. BeeGees program...
Afther that LGM resorted to hiring as head assistant Eric Dubois....that was another failure....

This guy was a recycled Coach from Baie-Comeau and did not have what it takes.

Now Danny Dupont has been hired for 3 years and I have trust in this man.

The team as such has down badly underperforming since the start of the season and will resurge I am confident.
The question is now what will the Titan decide to do this Christmas trade period.
Depending on the next stretch before the trading period when they face Halifax twice.Quebec and Moncton, it will be a good indication on just how they compare to the best teams.
For me this is still a question mark even though some already crossed them off for this season.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:31 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
The Titan have had some coaching woes in the last 3 years and that explains a lot what has been going on.

When Chabot went to the NHL as assistant to Nolan, Choules was named head coach and it did not work.
Then Paiment came back for half a season and then got a job with Ott. U. BeeGees program...
Afther that LGM resorted to hiring as head assistant Eric Dubois....that was another failure....

This guy was a recycled Coach from Baie-Comeau and did not have what it takes.

Now Danny Dupont has been hired for 3 years and I have trust in this man.

The team as such has down badly underperforming since the start of the season and will resurge I am confident.
The question is now what will the Titan decide to do this Christmas trade period.
Depending on the next stretch before the trading period when they face Halifax twice.Quebec and Moncton, it will be a good indication on just how they compare to the best teams.
For me this is still a question mark even though some already crossed them off for this season.
Of course Danny Dupont will now be a nominee for coach of the year that he's in Bathurst. I'm sure you'll be throwing him under the bus within a year or so and blaming the team's woes on him when he gets canned too. As far as what direction to go at the trading period, I believe it's pretty obvious the Titan should sell. I'm sure you will argue otherwise since you won a game against a depleted Chicoutimi team playing it's third game in three nights. Bathurst are 2-7-0-1 in their last 10 games and are currently 14th overall in an 18 team league. Plus you have 2 or 3 more games played than most teams. It would be wise to sell but I'm not sure if LGM will because it's hard to convince fans to come to watch their team lose and the average attendence of 1434 is downright scary. But they do have Danny Dupont now...

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:55 AM
chsb

I tried to be very moderate with my above comment, but you have a way to come **** on anything I print....

The Titan have been underachieving....and I repeat.

The Titan have a new Coach and the enthusiasm is back on the ice and in the dressing room.....but of course we have not seen that and you know better since you watched the Titan games lately...

The Titan are NOT a cellar dweller and will resurge....

For the record, it will be interesting to see how the Widcats fare against them on this next faceoff.

Don't waive your pompoms that high that fast.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Bjindaho

He's giving his new coach a chance. He always does.

There is nothing that has been shown yet to say that this is a bad hiring.

The big problem is that LGM is not a GM and needs to take his hands out of the hockey operations cookie jar a little more. That and put the damn C back on Brandon Hynes. As a fan of another team, nothing bothers me more than the Titan deciding that guys are the captain of the future and taking the C off a quality leader to try to force leadership on these young guys. They could be right, but at least wait until the guy leading your team leaves.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Danny DuPont once coached Bissonette in AAA...

Still has LSL connections..

He's a good start.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:26 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
I tried to be very moderate with my above comment, but you have a way to come **** on anything I print....

The Titan have been underachieving....and I repeat.

The Titan have a new Coach and the enthusiasm is back on the ice and in the dressing room.....but of course we have not seen that and you know better since you watched the Titan games lately...

The Titan are NOT a cellar dweller and will resurge....

For the record, it will be interesting to see how the Widcats fare against them on this next faceoff.

Don't waive your pompoms that high that fast.
i'm not a Dubois fan, but, the issues run alot deeper than him. He once coached Baie comeau to a 2nd overall finish. (promptly lost in the first round...)

LGM is the issue, its easy to see. In the past 12 months, new GM, new coach, new scouting staff, new assistant coaches....only one common denominator...LGM

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:21 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i'm not a Dubois fan, but, the issues run alot deeper than him. He once coached Baie comeau to a 2nd overall finish. (promptly lost in the first round...)

LGM is the issue, its easy to see. In the past 12 months, new GM, new coach, new scouting staff, new assistant coaches....only one common denominator...LGM
Any chance he sells the team ?

Old
12-05-2012, 03:25 PM
chsb

Quote:

New GM?

Not really as he kept Couturier as assistant and named himself as GM.

New assistant coaches?
Charles Leblanc was there last season and left for a GM/Coach job in Maritime junior A in Campbellton and is now back where he was a few years back.

New head scout?
There was a financial means problem there as he got a better offer somewhere else closer to home.

LGM is not the one playing on the ice or coaching the team.
His trades and the last draft were pretty good...Ihave no complaint on that and for once he went and got some decent Euros.

He might be the problem though vis-a-vis the fan base, but that is another story....

Old
12-06-2012, 08:39 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
New GM?

Not really as he kept Couturier as assistant and named himself as GM.

New assistant coaches?
Charles Leblanc was there last season and left for a GM/Coach job in Maritime junior A in Campbellton and is now back where he was a few years back.

New head scout?
There was a financial means problem there as he got a better offer somewhere else closer to home.

LGM is not the one playing on the ice or coaching the team.
His trades and the last draft were pretty good...Ihave no complaint on that and for once he went and got some decent Euros.

He might be the problem though vis-a-vis the fan base, but that is another story....

really!!! did ever ask Charles Leblanc yourself why he left a few years ago? Ever ask Couturier yourself why he left?? after signing a 10 yr contract to manage the team!!!

not what you read in the paper....did you ever actually sit down and discuss with them?

the head scout...same thing. did you ever ask him personally?? your naive if you think it's because he wanted to be closer to home. All the head scouts reside in the montreal area (He actually resides in quebec city). He was no different and didnt spend much more time in bathurst than any other head scout spends in the maritimes. He's not scouting for a different team, he's actually scouting for the league, which, you probably dont know but requires a lot of travelling, and more functions than scouting for a team.
And if you ever get to ask him personally....ask him about the money!!! and also ask him about the money he never got

get your facts straight....

Old
12-06-2012, 07:19 PM
chsb

Quote:
really!!! did ever ask Charles Leblanc yourself why he left a few years ago? Ever ask Couturier yourself why he left?? after signing a 10 yr contract to manage the team!!!

not what you read in the paper....did you ever actually sit down and discuss with them?

the head scout...same thing. did you ever ask him personally?? your naive if you think it's because he wanted to be closer to home. All the head scouts reside in the montreal area (He actually resides in quebec city). He was no different and didnt spend much more time in bathurst than any other head scout spends in the maritimes. He's not scouting for a different team, he's actually scouting for the league, which, you probably dont know but requires a lot of travelling, and more functions than scouting for a team.
And if you ever get to ask him personally....ask him about the money!!! and also ask him about the money he never got

get your facts straight....

I will admit with you that the head scout situation I only heard about as we hardly ever got contact with him in Bathurst.

Now on Couturier!
He actually signed a 15 years contract 5-6 years ago and I don't know where you took that he left because he never did and is still here since he signed that.

Leblanc;s experience was very limited when the Titan hired him the first time.
He got a couple years experence and then went as GM/Coach for the Campbellton Junior A team.
He thought at the time that it was a good experience for him....
That the Titan wanted to retain him or not was irrelevant as he wanted to try it and took it when the job was offered.

So I indeed speak on a regular basis to the Titan staff and knows or at least try to know what is going on at this end of the spectrum.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The Titan are a mess...

A 15 year contract is ridiculous..

Old
12-07-2012, 06:40 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
The Titan are a mess...

A 15 year contract is ridiculous..

my whole point wrapped in one sentence...thank you

Old
12-07-2012, 10:22 AM
chsb

Quote:
my whole point wrapped in one sentence...thank you
Your whole point maybe, but it does not explain your previous comment about Couturier or Leblanc.
If these guys were mistreated, why would Couturier sign a 15 years contract and why would Leblanc come back?

I believe that the status of the Titan will rise in the next few weeks as they get back to 0.500 before January 1st.
At that time, I suspect they will have acquired some extra help also....maybe tweaking, maybe going big....hard to say.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Your whole point maybe, but it does not explain your previous comment about Couturier or Leblanc.
If these guys were mistreated, why would Couturier sign a 15 years contract and why would Leblanc come back?

I believe that the status of the Titan will rise in the next few weeks as they get back to 0.500 before January 1st.
At that time, I suspect they will have acquired some extra help also....maybe tweaking, maybe going big....hard to say.
Job Security..

Old
12-07-2012, 02:38 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Job Security..
who said anything about mistreated...

when some people have a certain view on things, it's not worth trying to show them the other possible sides.

nothing else to add!! that's it for this one! Vive le titan!! Model organization of the LHMJQ!

Old
12-07-2012, 02:44 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
maybe tweaking, maybe going big....hard to say.
No it's not. It's simple, they won't go big lol. When have you ever seen a 14th place team go all in?

yes, they have under-achieved so far, but they're not even close to being in the top 3, and who exactly are they going to get?

And don't give me the "Hey look what Gatineau just did"... They have a good track record and a knowledgeable front office/coach... I don't think they're buying either but you've brought that up before.

Your forwards will probably play better, but it doesn't make up for a bad defense, with no available cure on the market.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:47 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
No it's not. It's simple, they won't go big lol. When have you ever seen a 14th place team go all in?

yes, they have under-achieved so far, but they're not even close to being in the top 3, and who exactly are they going to get?

And don't give me the "Hey look what Gatineau just did"... They have a good track record and a knowledgeable front office/coach... I don't think they're buying either but you've brought that up before.

Your forwards will probably play better, but it doesn't make up for a bad defense, with no available cure on the market.
It all comes back to whom you believe will be sellers...
Drummondville,Victoriaville,Chicoutimi,Gatineau,Sh awinigan, Cape Breton,Sherbrooke should be sellers....

The Titan do have the potential to acquire a couple of veteran Ds if needed and they will improve...

But you might be right and they might only tweak.

That is 7 sellers and add half a dozen who will be moderate buyers tweaking....
You are left with 5 buying big for contending.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:50 PM
chsb

Quote:
who said anything about mistreated...

when some people have a certain view on things, it's not worth trying to show them the other possible sides.

nothing else to add!! that's it for this one! Vive le titan!! Model organization of the LHMJQ!
You still decline to tell me what on earth triggered your first comment on Leblanc and Couturier.
Yes I've talked to them before....

Have you?

Old
12-07-2012, 10:55 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

So we all agree that the Titan are horribly managed ?

Old
12-07-2012, 11:53 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
It all comes back to whom you believe will be sellers...
Drummondville,Victoriaville,Chicoutimi,Gatineau,Sh awinigan, Cape Breton,Sherbrooke should be sellers....

The Titan do have the potential to acquire a couple of veteran Ds if needed and they will improve...

But you might be right and they might only tweak.

That is 7 sellers and add half a dozen who will be moderate buyers tweaking....
You are left with 5 buying big for contending.
Halifax, quebec, BBL, Moncton... Others like BC, Rimouski and RN could make a big move as they're right there with the division leaders.

I don't know if Moncton's sold on Dubeau though, very shaky and not playoff material ATM. Lagace could go there to put some pressure on him.

Drum, Victo, Chicoutimi, Bathurst, Gatineau, Shawi, CB and Sherbrooke are sellers.... There's just no where else to go.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:54 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
There's no need for overkill man lol

Old
12-08-2012, 05:37 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
There's no need for overkill man lol
Well they have the leagues most dedicated owner...

Old
12-08-2012, 11:06 PM
chsb

Quote:
The proof is in the pudding.

Dupont is the best Coach the Titan had since John Chabot...

WE already can see what a hockey man will do with this team...

I think they will end up being buyers...

Old
12-08-2012, 11:27 PM
RJQuack

Quote:

No..... No.... No to all this.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:40 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

2 games and the coach of the year trophy goes to ........ Danny Dupont !

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote