HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL)

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
3rdlineglory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
This is a weak team, and once the season starts, they will lose Kreider and either Kolarik or Haley.

If they lose Kreider, Kolarik and Gilroy, they will be totally unable to score. Without those 3, they will be in the bottom three the league in scoring.
I don't think it's going to be that bad. They still have Newbury, Thomas, Hrivik, Miller, Jean, Segal, Grant...

Old
12-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Are you implying here that the Rangers are deep and that's the reason he can't make it? Because we are very much not deep. Anyone who deserves to be in the NHL can make this Rangers team.
assuming EVERY F is healthy then the Rangers have

Nash, Richards, Callahan
Kreider, Stepan, Gaborik
Hagelin, Boyle, Pyatt
Rupp, Halpern, Asham

Gabby may or may not be ready IF the NHL is back soon. the 4th line are a bunch of grinders. Kolarik could make it but would they use him as a spare? Is Haley more of a spare? Those are the two options in my opinion.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Are you implying here that the Rangers are deep and that's the reason he can't make it? Because we are very much not deep. Anyone who deserves to be in the NHL can make this Rangers team.
What I was implying is that Torts likes that grinder, go all out for 60 minutes type player. Not saying that Kolarik can't do it, because I'm pretty sure he could, but that there are other options that should be before him IMO. Haley would probably be the spare for the team because they have ASSham-Halpern-Rupp as their 4th line (I strongly believe that Haley is a better player than Asham is and is younger and longer lasting). Kolarik can definitely make the squad, but he should be in CT for now.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:19 PM
3rdlineglory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
What I was implying is that Torts likes that grinder, go all out for 60 minutes type player. Not saying that Kolarik can't do it, because I'm pretty sure he could, but that there are other options that should be before him IMO. Haley would probably be the spare for the team because they have ASSham-Halpern-Rupp as their 4th line (I strongly believe that Haley is a better player than Asham is and is younger and longer lasting). Kolarik can definitely make the squad, but he should be in CT for now.
That's a common misconception about Torts. He likes his skill players too. Richards is one of his favorites not to mention how would explain him keeping Christensen over Avery last September? Also, Torts has been quoted (I don't have the exact quote) how he's impressed with Kolarik. In regards to Haley, he's another goon we already have two of those. If Haley were to replace someone it should be Rupp not Asham.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
That's a common misconception about Torts. He likes his skill players too. Richards is one of his favorites not to mention how would explain him keeping Christensen over Avery last September? Also, Torts has been quoted (I don't have the exact quote) how he's impressed with Kolarik. In regards to Haley, he's another goon we already have two of those. If Haley were to replace someone it should be Rupp not Asham.
True, but I see Haley as Prust's replacement. Not Asham. Also, if they need to straighten up someone from being to big of a goon, they'll end up like Avery.... in his dog house and not playing. But that doesn't really matter much because that 4th line will get moved around. So Rupp, Asham, Haley, and maybe even Halpern will be switched in and out a lot.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
True, but I see Haley as Prust's replacement. Not Asham. Also, if they need to straighten up someone from being to big of a goon, they'll end up like Avery.... in his dog house and not playing. But that doesn't really matter much because that 4th line will get moved around. So Rupp, Asham, Haley, and maybe even Halpern will be switched in and out a lot.
Halpern is more valueable than Rupp Asham Haley. he kills penalties and wins faceoffs... solid team guy too... i dont know why they signed Asham... couldnt a guy like Haley do the same thing... doesnt Asham still have some games to sit due to this..

Old
12-05-2012, 05:55 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Halpern is more valueable than Rupp Asham Haley. he kills penalties and wins faceoffs... solid team guy too... i dont know why they signed Asham... couldnt a guy like Haley do the same thing... doesnt Asham still have some games to sit due to this..
One regular season game left for Asham to serve I believe

Old
12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Absolutely unbelievable JT Miller goal just now. 2nd of the night.

4-2 Whale.

Rivaled his first goal with how nice it was.

12-05-2012, 08:01 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Absolutely unbelievable JT Miller goal just now. 2nd of the night.

4-2 Whale.

Rivaled his first goal with how nice it was.
Give us a description of the goal.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:04 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Give us a description of the goal.
Collects puck at left faceoff dot. Cuts to the net, deking around the right dman. Looks pass all the way which draws the left dman to cover Thomas who is crashing the net on the RW. Miller keeps looking pass, drives almost to the left post, then dekes right to his backhand at the last second around the goalie.

That really barely does it justice. Play was so smooth.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Collects puck at left faceoff dot. Cuts to the net, deking around the right dman. Looks pass all the way which draws the left dman to cover Thomas who is crashing the net on the RW. Miller keeps looking pass, drives almost to the left post, then dekes right to his backhand at the last second around the goalie.

That really barely does it justice. Play was so smooth.
I hope there will be a highlight of it on the Whale or AHL website. Thanks.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Pretty enjoyable win against the floundering Sound Tigers tonight. Have to win those contests. Miller's second goal was certainly dazzling.

Old
12-06-2012, 07:59 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Any advice for a weekend road trip to Hartford? I'm going to the Saturday game on 12/15 and staying in the Hilton 1/10 mi. away - Friday night to Sunday morning. Are tickets readily available at the door? Places to eat? Thanks for any help. Taking the ferry from Orient - > New London.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Posted it in the Prospects thread, but thought I'd post it here as well. Miller's goals at 2:20 and 3:00. The second goal was a work of art.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Any advice for a weekend road trip to Hartford? I'm going to the Saturday game on 12/15 and staying in the Hilton 1/10 mi. away - Friday night to Sunday morning. Are tickets readily available at the door? Places to eat? Thanks for any help. Taking the ferry from Orient - > New London.
Tons of tickets. What kind of food do you like? I'm a big fan of City Steam Brewery. You'll enjoy it, especially if you're into craft/local beer. Food is solid too. Black-Eyed Sally's has a good rep for BBQ and the like. There are some more upscale restaurants around as well.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:10 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Awesome - I actually own a beer distributor on Long Island. Love craft beers.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

story on former Whale player Steve Moses.. is he on the NYR radar maybe?? http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ntion-from-nhl i didnt know where to put this so i hope this is the right place. he played a few games last year i believe... maybe a future signing?

Old
12-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Where on the Island, I'll give you some business?

Old
12-07-2012, 10:14 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Where on the Island, I'll give you some business?
Montauk Highway in Mastic - South Fork Beverage. We probably have 600+ unique beers.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Posted it in the Prospects thread, but thought I'd post it here as well. Miller's goals at 2:20 and 3:00. The second goal was a work of art.

yep that was a sweeeeeet 2nd goal........I have a feeling IF there is a season this kid will be on the playoff roster. Makes sense to me to go with grinders in Rupp, Halpern , Asham during the yr but come playoff time a guy like Miller could be another Hagelin.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
They've got this great new one on tap called the Lunatic...a nice mix between a barleywine and an American strong ale, so they say. The Careless Love is great too!

Old
12-07-2012, 08:07 PM
KICKsaveANDaBeauty

Any word on when Dylan Mcilrath will be back? More specifically will he be back by the 14th by any chance? My first time in Hartford for a game and really wanted to see him play? Has he been at the home games while recovering? Was looking forward to maybe getting him to sign a puck for me. Thanks

Old
12-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
For you goalie mask enthusiasts:

Talbot: http://www.daveart.com/mask-gallery/...3/default.aspx

Missiaen: http://www.daveart.com/mask-gallery/...7/default.aspx

Stajcer: http://www.daveart.com/mask-gallery/...2/default.aspx

Old
12-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Osminator

Klassen and Parlett just proved why they need to quit hockey... wow, awful defense and hockey IQ...

Old
12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

If only they were good...