PS3 GM Connected League Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Wildlife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boyle Sisters View Post
Your request has been accepted.

Anyways, how would you guys feel about advancing the league forward every 2-4 days? If we're gonna wait for everyone to play their last single games the league might become stagnant like it did the last time around. The remaining games for everyone would be obviously simmed. This way people might not feel so obligated to play every single one of their games if they don't have the time. This allows the league to be more casual as well. What do you think?

Here's a list of the occupied teams so far:
-Tampa
-NY Islanders
-Colorado
-Pittsburgh
-Washington
-St. Louis
-Carolina
-Winniped

Don't hesitate to join!
Sounds good to me. Have we considered having some co-commissioners as well? I don't doubt that you'll be much more attentive to this league than the other commissioner was, but it would be nice to have another commissioner around just in case you need to go out of town for a while or have some other reason you couldn't get online for a few days.

Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:19 AM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

I advanced the league forward, so everyone has their new batch of games available. And sure, let's have a couple of co-commissioners.

The Boyle Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:54 AM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

I'm gonna advance the league forward again by the end of the day, or tommorrow afternoon. So if you wanna play your games, you still got time!

Here's a list of current members in the league:

______HF User Name____________PSN Name____________Team______
Pajicz Miklu19 Columbus Blue Jackets
Wildlife ObjectsInSpace Colorado Avalanche
The Boyle Sisters Oknpmo Tampa Bay Lightning
Sharppi Sharppii Pending
Maxwell Goldshadow Rainyday77 Carolina Hurricanes
Wueste Northmedic36 Winnipeg Jets
None Nippukiwi Washington Capitals
None mara_hki New York Islanders
None icermaan St. Louis Blues

Old
12-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Yep, gonna play my games today.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 06:19 PM
lcledger

Hi I just got NHL 13, my buddy is already in your connected league. Was hoping to pick up/take over the canucks. Whats the league name? Cool if I hop in?

lcledger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Wildlife

Quote:
So, I went ahead and created a new GM Connected league called Pienet Kivat. Everyone here on HF Wild are free to join. Send a request to join if you want a piece of the action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcledger View Post
Hi I just got NHL 13, my buddy is already in your connected league. Was hoping to pick up/take over the canucks. Whats the league name? Cool if I hop in?
I already gave you the league name, but in case you want confirmation I quoted the earlier post with the name in it. Hope that helps buddy.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:26 PM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Quote:
I accepted your request to join. The more the merrier!

Old
12-05-2012, 01:38 PM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

The injuries are killing me in this game. Every time there's a hit against my player, I fear for the worst. I played two games a while ago and both Lecavalier and Stamkos got hurt. My next best center is Dana Tyrell, who is essentially Tampa Bay's version of Warren Peters last year...

On a side note, if we want to liven up this thread and maybe the league maybe we can start discussing trades here. When someone proposes a trade it has to get my approval. I was thinking we could do this as a committee here on the boards and let everyone voice their opinions. If someone thinks a trade is too lopsided we can work around it and so on. I think it would be a great way to get people more involved with the league.

Last edited by The Boyle Sisters: 12-05-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
The injuries are killing me in this game. Every time there's a hit against my player, I fear for the worst. I played two games a while ago and both Lecavalier and Stamkos got hurt. My next best center is Dana Tyrell, who is essentially Tampa Bay's version of last Warren Peters last year...

On a side note, if we want to liven up this thread and maybe the league maybe we can start discussing trades here. When someone proposes a trade it has to get my approval. I was thinking we could do this as a committee here on the boards and let everyone voice their opinions. If someone thinks a trade is too lopsided we can work around it and so on. I think it would be a great way to get people more involved with the league.
We should actually start trading with each other, too.

Jussi Jokinen, Justin Faulk and Andreas Nödl are on the block. I'm looking for a top-6 PWF or TWF and a top-4 DD or TWD.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Wildlife

Quote:
The injuries are killing me in this game. Every time there's a hit against my player, I fear for the worst. I played two games a while ago and both Lecavalier and Stamkos got hurt. My next best center is Dana Tyrell, who is essentially Tampa Bay's version of Warren Peters last year...

I know what you mean about the injuries. Duchene was leading the league in goals, but then he got injured for 45 games. After that Parenteau, Varlamov, Erikson, and Hedjuk all went down in 2 games. Every time I get hit I just worry he'll get up holding his head or something.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlife View Post
I know what you mean about the injuries. Duchene was leading the league in goals, but then he got injured for 45 games. After that Parenteau, Varlamov, Erikson, and Hedjuk all went down in 2 games. Every time I get hit I just worry he'll get up holding his head or something.
Yep, I have LaRose and Skinner in IR. LaRose still for 15 games or so and Skinner should come back in one or two games. There's also one other dude but can't remember who right now.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

What season are you guys in??

Last edited by Leafs For Life*: 12-06-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:30 AM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Still in Season 1. There's a lot of room if you want to join. League's name is Pienet Kivat.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Still in Season 1. There's a lot of room if you want to join. League's name is Pienet Kivat.
I was seeing if you guys had seen how Granlund develops but I guess not. Some improvements for Wild are Clutterbuck if you play him 2nd line turns into 84, Granlund only goes to 71 from 67, Spurgeon goes up to 80 while playing top 4 minutes, Falk went to 80, Gilbert goes to 86 with top pair minutes, and McMillan gets to 76. That's most of the improvements I saw for season one as Wild.
And goalie improvements around the league are Riemer and Irving moving up to about 83.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 03:40 PM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

I'm gonna advance the league forward in 12 hours. Still time to wrap up your last games!

Old
12-10-2012, 03:30 PM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Last chance to sign your free agents! It is the last schedule period in which you are still able to sign free agents. The league will be advanced forward in approximately 36 hours, so you still got time.

Oh, and Maxwell. How about a rematch?

Old
12-10-2012, 11:58 PM
lcledger

Vancouver Canucks are in the market for a bottom six depth playmaker. Prospect with decent potential preferably. Can offer a multitude of different players: D-men, grinders etc... Let me know.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Last chance to sign your free agents! It is the last schedule period in which you are still able to sign free agents. The league will be advanced forward in approximately 36 hours, so you still got time.

Oh, and Maxwell. How about a rematch?
Let's see if I have time today. Tight schedule.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Sorry guys, I've got to drop out of the league. Just don't have enough time at the moment... but, I could consider rejoining if the situation changes during next couple months, if you will still allow me in.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Wildlife

So wasn't the league gonna be moved forward a few days ago? Did something change?

Old
12-14-2012, 12:24 PM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlife View Post
So wasn't the league gonna be moved forward a few days ago? Did something change?
I meant to advance it, but I've been stalling since there is a game I've been wanting to play against a certain someone. I apologize for not informing the league about this delay. The league will now continue with the normal schedule.

edit. The league is now advanced. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited by The Boyle Sisters: 12-14-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old
12-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
I meant to advance it, but I've been stalling since there is a game I've been wanting to play against a certain someone. I apologize for not informing the league about this delay. The league will now continue with the normal schedule.

Sorry for that. I've been damn busy with EASHL and life stuff, since I've been in evening college starting last monday.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Wildlife

Quote:

No worries, I was just curious. Can't wait to play my new games!

Old
12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
lcledger

So its taken a while for these injuries to hit me...but seriously this is RIDICULOUS. My guys weren't even hit into the boards. More like tapped during a faceoff. This happened twice...the result:

Zach Kassian - 45 games - MCL Sprain
Alexandre Burrows - 44 games - Concussion

IS THIS A JOKE!? Any way to fix this or tone it down? Just curious cause it looks like a few GMs are having issues.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:16 AM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Quote:
So its taken a while for these injuries to hit me...but seriously this is RIDICULOUS. My guys weren't even hit into the boards. More like tapped during a faceoff. This happened twice...the result:

Zach Kassian - 45 games - MCL Sprain
Alexandre Burrows - 44 games - Concussion

IS THIS A JOKE!? Any way to fix this or tone it down? Just curious cause it looks like a few GMs are having issues.
I know that feel, bro. However, I'm afraid they cannot be turned off at this point. You just gotta bite the bullet like the rest of us!

We're going forward in 24 hours. Be prepared!